My ear is clogged shut

def1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So over the last few days I've noticed that my ear has been getting more and more clogged. I originally thought it was just ear wax and used OTC ear drops but they didn't help at all. Then I figured maybe my eustachian tubes were swollen which I think is the problem. I took some allergy pills to try to relieve the inflammation but this only helped for a little.

I've tried blowing out while holding my nose closed and this doesn't work either.

I have a dr's appt but not til wednesday but its annoying the fuck out of me in the mean time.

Anyone had this before? Any solutions I can try at home?

Stop messing with your ear. That's what my mom would tell me when I was little and got earaches.

You wouldn't happen to belong to the No Fap Brotherhood would you?

Eat more vegetables

Last edited:
it might be wax & you dont know it. hydrogen peroxide in the ear, lay down on the good ear & let the peroxide sit for a while..20-30 min or so. ifyou hear hear bubbling foam then its working

Ear drops don't help for shit when your clogged. You have to go digging around..

mucinex and pseudoephedrine open eustachian tubes. Use hydrogen peroxide if it's an outer ear/wax problem. Doctors have a tool that they can scrape wax out without pushing it in like a q tip would. Kind of like a little scooper thing. I have my GP clean my ears almost every time I go. lol

also try that maneuver of plugging your nose, close your mouth, and exhale/push out hard.

if allergy pills helped, it is the eustachian tube and mucinex and pseudo will definitely make it better. is your nose stuffed up? clogged nose often leads to clogged ear.

Last edited:
Have someone blow marijuana smoke into your ear.

mucinex and pseudoephedrine open eustachian tubes. Use hydrogen peroxide if it's an outer ear/wax problem. Doctors have a tool that they can scrape wax out without pushing it in like a q tip would. Kind of like a little scooper thing. I have my GP clean my ears almost every time I go. lol

Year, worst case scenario go to a doctor and have them clean it out.. Then keep up with Q-tipping every week or so.

Sound like an infection. Pretty uncomfortable but it passes. I've had a few and I didn't find antibiotics to be of any real use. On the positive, that moment when your ear finally clears for the first time is glorious.

also try that maneuver of plugging your nose, close your mouth, and exhale/push out hard.

if allergy pills helped, it is the eustachian tube and mucinex and pseudo will definitely make it better. is your nose stuffed up? clogged nose often leads to clogged ear.

Yea I might go to the pharmacy and pick up some pseudoephedrine. The allergy pills helped but not enough.

Yea I might go to the pharmacy and pick up some pseudoephedrine. The allergy pills helped but not enough.

get mucinex too. that could drain it. pseudo will just be a temporary solution. also, afrin.

(I've had eustachian tube problems for years)

So over the last few days I've noticed that my ear has been getting more and more clogged. I originally thought it was just ear wax and used OTC ear drops but they didn't help at all. Then I figured maybe my eustachian tubes were swollen which I think is the problem. I took some allergy pills to try to relieve the inflammation but this only helped for a little.

I've tried blowing out while holding my nose closed and this doesn't work either.

I have a dr's appt but not til wednesday but its annoying the fuck out of me in the mean time.

Anyone had this before? Any solutions I can try at home?

i once accidentally lodged a ton of earwax inside my right ear.

i couldn't hear anything out of it. i tried every over-the-counter product to remove it, but to no avail.

i ended up having to go to the hospital, where they shoved this long steel needle inside my ear to reach the wax. it was the most painful experience of my life. it felt like the doctor was poking at my brain, lol. i can laugh now, but i was about to scream in pain during the process.

when he removed the wax, i was so relieved, and so sacred of using q-tips, that it took almost a year before i was confident enough to use them.

let's hope that you don't have to go to those extremes.

Insert a dia****m into your ear.

I've had this happen. Sadly, no home remedies worked. You can try buying Swimmers Ear. It may work for you. In my case, I had to go to the doctor. They take what amounts to a big squirt gun, and just blast your ear out with warm water. It doesn't hurt. But every high pitched sound you never heard before will be way more evident, and distracting, for about a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back