My ear is clogged shut

i have had similar problems when i would get water in my ear and couldnt get it out, but it eventually just drained out and teh irritation would subside.

My first year as a lifeguard, my ear ended up completely clogged for days. I just had to wait it out. And as for the doctors taking out wax in your ear, it's a nightmare. It will feel like their pulling out your eardrum if it's enough wax. I had it happen twice growing up and those experiences are easily in my top three most painful memories of childhood.

Good luck. :D

get mucinex too. that could drain it. pseudo will just be a temporary solution. also, afrin.

(I've had eustachian tube problems for years)

Mucinex and pseudo together, or do you mean mucinex is preferable solution.

My first year as a lifeguard, my ear ended up completely clogged for days. I just had to wait it out. And as for the doctors taking out wax in your ear, it's a nightmare. It will feel like their pulling out your eardrum if it's enough wax. I had it happen twice growing up and those experiences are easily in my top three most painful memories of childhood.

Good luck. :D

ahh...someone understands my pain.

:)

Mucinex and pseudo together, or do you mean mucinex is preferable solution.

do both. both work. drink a lot of water with the mucinex. pseudo will help the inflammation and mucinex will thin out the shit in your year allowing it to drain possibly.

So over the last few days I've noticed that my ear has been getting more and more clogged. I originally thought it was just ear wax and used OTC ear drops but they didn't help at all. Then I figured maybe my eustachian tubes were swollen which I think is the problem. I took some allergy pills to try to relieve the inflammation but this only helped for a little.

I've tried blowing out while holding my nose closed and this doesn't work either.

I have a dr's appt but not til wednesday but its annoying the fuck out of me in the mean time.

Anyone had this before? Any solutions I can try at home?

I had it and eventually lost 85 percent of my hearing bilaterally. It's usually how Meniere's Disease starts which is also what Dana White has. Take others advice and see a doctor.

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned this yet.

Go get yourself an ear syringe.

th

Most likely you have a major ear wax clog. Since it sounds pretty bad I would first soften the wax by putting hydrogen peroxide in the ear for about 15 min. Then simply fill the ear syringe completely with warm water, tilt your head over, insert the tip of the ear syringe into your ear and squeeze it for all your worth. Keep doing this, repeatedly blasting away until the wax plug comes out. You may need to do it as many as 15 or 20 times.

NEVER use Q-tips in your ear...all you will do is pack down the ear wax. Once your ear is clear of the wax you should only need to use the ear syringe every 3-4 months. Once you have used one of these you will never want to be without one. I highly suggest using the larger 3oz. syringe rather than the smaller 1oz. ones that are out there.

For the love of god don't use a q-tip ever in your ear.

tilt your head bad side down and beat on the opposite side repeatedly until it shakes loose.

I suggest buying a plastic Neti Pot at Walgreen's, Walmart, or CVS. Fill it with very warm distilled water and two sodium chloride packets. Once the salt is dissolved, tilt your head towards the direction of the affected ear. Rinse the sinuses with the Neti Pot. One effect from this method is that the warm water will wash your sinus passages and loosen any thicken, stuck mucus. It will also help wash any mucus that might be clogging the opening of the eustachian tube. Trust me, I have had sinus problems all my life (38 yrs) and am coming off a nasty ear/sinus/throat infection. When I get sick, I take Ester-C vitamin C 2 tabs 3 times a day, I make my own liposomal vitamin C mixture that I take ( 1/2 cup every 4 hrs), ZMA at night, and Zithromax antibiotic. Cleared that shit up in three days. My left ear was completely clogged and so were my sinuses. Using the Neti Pot twice a day and inhaling distilled water/apple cider vinegar steam for 10 minutes really helped me. And lots of chicken soup.

This use to happen to me more often but it's been reduced. I had special ear drops that sometimes helped. I have real bad sinus infections sometimes and when your sinuses start draining they have a tendency to infect your tonsils much more but this also can cause fluid in your ear canal and can build up behind the eardrum.

I'm shocked nobody has mentioned this yet.

Go get yourself an ear syringe.

th

Most likely you have a major ear wax clog. Since it sounds pretty bad I would first soften the wax by putting hydrogen peroxide in the ear for about 15 min. Then simply fill the ear syringe completely with warm water, tilt your head over, insert the tip of the ear syringe into your ear and squeeze it for all your worth. Keep doing this, repeatedly blasting away until the wax plug comes out. You may need to do it as many as 15 or 20 times.

NEVER use Q-tips in your ear...all you will do is pack down the ear wax. Once your ear is clear of the wax you should only need to use the ear syringe every 3-4 months. Once you have used one of these you will never want to be without one. I highly suggest using the larger 3oz. syringe rather than the smaller 1oz. ones that are out there.

Yeah, I had a clog in my ear a few weeks back and did this. Only I used olive oil instead of hydrogen peroxide to soften the wax. The hp probably works better. Once the big guy got dislodged, I was overcome with a wonderful sense of relief.

So over the last few days I've noticed that my ear has been getting more and more clogged. I originally thought it was just ear wax and used OTC ear drops but they didn't help at all. Then I figured maybe my eustachian tubes were swollen which I think is the problem. I took some allergy pills to try to relieve the inflammation but this only helped for a little.

I've tried blowing out while holding my nose closed and this doesn't work either.

I have a dr's appt but not til wednesday but its annoying the fuck out of me in the mean time.

Anyone had this before? Any solutions I can try at home?
Ear Drops take several days and a lot of consistent use to work. Make sure you're patient and give it time to work its way through whatever blockage is in your ear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back