My cousin vinny is the greatest lawyer movie of all time

One of the GOAT lawyer movies, IMO

The+Verdict.jpg

I curse you with impotence.
Keanu was terrible
Theron made me happy to watch die
Redhead caused me to spill more seed than a drunk Monsanto driver
Pacino was good

My Cousin Vinny is an absolute classic. It's sort of rare to see a comedy that balances the hilarious elements with good storytelling and narrative cohesion. It builds very well from Vinny's complete callowness (Callo...C! a l l o) in the courtroom to his building confidence as he starts to pick apart the case well and ultimately, with major help from his fiance, figures out how to completely exonerate the accused.

Pesci and Tomei are awesome in it. Packed with great supporting character actors too, Gwynne, Lane Smith, Bruce McGill, James Rebhorn. Macchio is also quite good there- the I shot the clerk? moment is one of just many classic lines/moments in the film.

Austin Pendleton kills it in this film as the stuttering public defender. Seen it 100 times and still can’t help from belly laughing.

Austin Pendleton kills it in this film as the stuttering public defender. Seen it 100 times and still can’t help from belly laughing.

Cant believe I forgot to mention him. He's in like five minutes of the film and completely steals it for that period of time.

My Cousin Vinny is one of the best comedy films of all time, and yeah arguably the best lawyer flick. An absolute classic.

Here’s an underrated lawyer film, with a lot of great performances in it, including a fairly terrifying Gary Oldman performance

33805_murder-in-the-first.jpg

They should have done more with the character and expanded it to another movie or a TV series.

Vinny was awesome.

I was literally thinking about that KO punch he throws, in the movie, the other day. Loved that movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back