My cousin vinny is the greatest lawyer movie of all time

That was Pacino's movie.

I know, but Keanu saying that line in that DREADFUL Southern accent is just cringeworthy to me...

Every
Single
Time. :(

I'll allow anything with Marisa Tomei

marisa-tomei31.jpg

And its not even close. One of the best comedies period.

Rampage with Michael Biehn was another good court movie

fracture is good

Hard to argue because I love Marisa Tomei in this movie .

But on some days I do prefer A few Good men , even if I'm Rooting for the Colonel to get away with it.

My Cousin Vinny is an absolute classic. It's sort of rare to see a comedy that balances the hilarious elements with good storytelling and narrative cohesion. It builds very well from Vinny's complete callowness (Callo...C! a l l o) in the courtroom to his building confidence as he starts to pick apart the case well and ultimately, with major help from his fiance, figures out how to completely exonerate the accused.

Pesci and Tomei are awesome in it. Packed with great supporting character actors too, Gwynne, Lane Smith, Bruce McGill, James Rebhorn. Macchio is also quite good there- the I shot the clerk? moment is one of just many classic lines/moments in the film.

Last edited:
Hard to argue because I love Marisa Tomei in this movie .

But on some days I do prefer A few Good men , even if I'm Rooting for the Colonel to get away with it.

I love that film as well. Final courtroom confrontation between Cruise and Nicholson is phenomenal. There's that great moment too where you can see that Kaffee is legitimately considering whether he should go forward or back off as Moore advised him to do if he wasn't full on confident. That's some great subtle acting by Cruise there. Nicholson's monologue never gets old.

Many awesome elements in the film. Great foreshadowing of that final face off when Kaffee, who has been utterly respectful of and deferential to Jessup, asks to see the transfer order. Just the sheer disdain and annoyance that Jessup has for the fact that he would get questioned expertly sets up the way Cruise is able to bait him.

Class Action with Gene Hackman

For my money yes it is, better than anything suggested since op as well.

Back