My Brothers Hip-Hop group IllaNoise

jonahs grin

Rip h-cop
Reaction score
grin;95556021]http://www.reverbnation.com/illanoiserecords/song/17382302-we-dont-play

Man, my brother and my homies are really killing this hip-hop shit.
My brother and I have been best friends with these two cats since they were like 11, they have a great shot of making some sort of career out of this.
They produce,record and master everything themselves, I see their grind on a daily bases, every free moment they have they spend it, making music and smoking blunts
Check out that shit

Where are they from? Jk, good luck to them. The few songs I listened to reminded me of both east and west coast from the early 90's.

nggzl.gif

Man my brother (el-flaco) and my homie Lo-key could get 10 k a beat. They have that shit on smash.
And I'm not just saying that.
This is some classic east coast shit.

Very good. The producer is very Dilla inspired. Some of the beats should be altered so they aren't so similar to older songs, for example "We Don't Play" uses the same sample as "Ain't No Sunshine" by DMX. If the beat had more variation, the similarity wouldn't bother me, but since it is a basic loop of that sample and the title references DMX, it's easy to see the influence. Nothing really wrong with that though, especially on a mixtape project. Good beats, good lyrics, rapper may need a stronger voice or just a different mix. Overall 7/10 and better than alot of popular mixtapes.

I should probably move this to the OT for more insightful and colorful reviews...

I should probably move this to the OT for more insightful and colorful reviews...

we need wiz cool c to share his jealousy, I mean let his educated ears have a listen, as well as DimeBillion too.

if only that poster still had an active account

Dude said "still giving y'all them hits like Mazagatti".
That's that shit I do like, Dana would be pleased.

Do they have to talk like every other innercity nonwhite?

man I can't help it, its is our vernacular
Most of the people I know speak like this, just as your command of the English language is suited to the environment in which you live, and deeply embedded in the relationships in which you have forged.
This is not some new phenomenon, it is just annoying to those who grew up in places that produce shitty accents and corny rhetoric .

Back