My boxing memorabilia collection...

A few pics of my memorabilia set-up in my "boxing room" at my old apartment.
View attachment 712625
Duran & Aaron Pryor worn & signed sparring gloves. My trunks from my pro debut. The towel that Duran used in his corner vs Tony Biglen with his blood on it. Pryor's hand wraps from his fight with Herminio Morales.

View attachment 712629
View attachment 712631
Some of my vintage boxing magazines & programs.
View attachment 712633
Some of my autographed photos.
You went pro, how was your amateur career and pro career and how did they differ that some people may not expect.

You went pro, how was your amateur career and pro career and how did they differ that some people may not expect.

Well, between my amateur & pro career I had over 60 fights. Unfortunately, my pro career wasn't nearly as good or as extensive as I would have liked it to be. That's because I had management issues & then, later on, some injuries as well that limited it, So, as a result, I had my greatest successes as a sparring partner for a lot of big-name champions & top contenders.

only autograph i got in boxing was form hector camacho, it's one of my most prized possessions, around the time i was getting old i got a couple autographs from the mma guys i was with because i knew i wouldn't be around them much longer but that's it.

Excellent pieces. I especially like the signed Carlos Ortiz 8 x 10. For some reason, it's difficult to find good action shots of him. So, when I met him in Canastota I just had him autograph some All World boxing cards of his.

Thanks! Yes I had to jump on the Ortiz as it’s just an excellent iconic photo and he has a great auto as well.

I’m kind of having that problem with Marvin Hagler as he rarely signs and when he does it’s rarely on a good photo.

Well, between my amateur & pro career I had over 60 fights. Unfortunately, my pro career wasn't nearly as good or as extensive as I would have liked it to be. That's because I had management issues & then, later on, some injuries as well that limited it, So, as a result, I had my greatest successes as a sparring partner for a lot of big-name champions & top contenders.
That is sooo cool, who did you get to work with, and if you don't mind me asking your name so I can look you up on Boxrec.

That is sooo cool, who did you get to work with, and if you don't mind me asking your name so I can look you up on Boxrec.

He'll probably tell you but just look up his post history dude. It's got a lot of gems just from this year.

Sorry, bro. I prefer to keep my real name private. I'm no one famous anyhow, believe me.
Totally understandable, foolish question of me to ask now that I look back at it. Are there any old posts where you share some of your experiences? Super curious.

Totally understandable, foolish question of me to ask now that I look back at it. Are there any old posts where you share some of your experiences? Super curious.

Sure. In many of my past threads & posts here in the boxing forum. I'll see about posting some links to them when I have more time. Thanks for your interest, bro.

Peace.

Added two more in the past month or so:

View attachment 780055

View attachment 780054

Those are cool as hell.

The only time I met Micky Ward was back in October of 1990 when I was a sparring partner for Charles Murray before their fight in Rochester. I was busy preparing for my own fight which was about three weeks later in Erie, PA so I didn't make it to any of the press conferences beforehand. So, I only saw him briefly at the weigh-in & then again right after the fight. And on both of those occasions, I could tell that he wasn't in the mood to sign anything. So, I put it off until the morning after the fight when I planned to see him back at the hotel. Unfortunately, though, Ward & his people all skipped breakfast & left Rochester for Lowell early. So, I never even got a picture with him much less a poster signed.
Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed.

Those are cool as hell.

The only time I met Micky Ward was back in October of 1990 when I was a sparring partner for Charles Murray before their fight in Rochester. I was busy preparing for my own fight which was about three weeks later in Erie, PA so I didn't make it to any of the press conferences beforehand. So, I only saw him briefly at the weigh-in & then again right after the fight. And on both of those occasions, I could tell that he wasn't in the mood to sign anything. So, I put it off until the morning after the fight when I planned to see him back at the hotel. Unfortunately, though, Ward & his people all skipped breakfast & left Rochester for Lowell early. So, I never even got a picture with him much less a poster signed.
Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed.

Haha man your stories are the highlight of the Sherdog forums. Glad to see you appreciated the Spinks as well. Yes he didn’t have the most crowd pleasing style to most but I always appreciated how he maximized the tools he did have.

Haha man your stories are the highlight of the Sherdog forums. Glad to see you appreciated the Spinks as well. Yes he didn’t have the most crowd pleasing style to most but I always appreciated how he maximized the tools he did have.

I enjoyed watching Spinks fight. No, he wasn't the most exciting fighter in the world but he was damn effective at what he did & pulled some good upsets. Hell, IMO he should have been a three-weight class world champion because I thought he beat Jermain Taylor.

So, yeah, that's a nice autograph to have. Congrats, bro.

8440626D-C5BF-4F85-A3E7-7889B1552275.jpeg

@sweetviolenturg Added a new one, absolutely thrilled to have this one as Hagler is one of my all time favorites and he rarely signs so they are quite pricey when they do pop up. While it’s not the exact picture you can tell it’s from the same photo shoot as one of his Ring Magazine covers and while I usually prefer action shots from an actual fight I actually love this one as it shows to me that the hurt business was just that to him. He was willing and capable of hurting you to put food on his table.

Last edited:
Been a minute but I picked up a few more nice ones I’m proud of. Shoutout to @sweetviolenturg as I don’t have any friends really who share the same passion of boxing as I do so his kind words and appreciation of my boxing collection is definitely appreciated. When you add in his amazing stories he’s truly a treasure.

26CE2C84-6B4F-48D5-8B33-D0B9A37E1851.jpeg

Back