My boxing memorabilia collection...

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by StewDogg11, Jan 17, 2020.

1. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

Added a few nice ones:

B2B4B1FC-197E-4BE3-AA00-1B38DB956374.jpeg D5154459-5BA7-4A14-A9FE-FDAC14C7A3B8.jpeg 46AD9F47-BC0E-42B5-9E99-A3DAE7A16640.jpeg

2. IswearIkeepmyhandsup Boxer

You went pro, how was your amateur career and pro career and how did they differ that some people may not expect.

3. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

Excellent pieces. I especially like the signed Carlos Ortiz 8 x 10. For some reason, it's difficult to find good action shots of him. So, when I met him in Canastota I just had him autograph some All World boxing cards of his.

4. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

Well, between my amateur & pro career I had over 60 fights. Unfortunately, my pro career wasn't nearly as good or as extensive as I would have liked it to be. That's because I had management issues & then, later on, some injuries as well that limited it, So, as a result, I had my greatest successes as a sparring partner for a lot of big-name champions & top contenders.

5. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

only autograph i got in boxing was form hector camacho, it's one of my most prized possessions, around the time i was getting old i got a couple autographs from the mma guys i was with because i knew i wouldn't be around them much longer but that's it.

6. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

Thanks! Yes I had to jump on the Ortiz as it’s just an excellent iconic photo and he has a great auto as well.

I’m kind of having that problem with Marvin Hagler as he rarely signs and when he does it’s rarely on a good photo.

7. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

Hopkins.

8. IswearIkeepmyhandsup Boxer

That is sooo cool, who did you get to work with, and if you don't mind me asking your name so I can look you up on Boxrec.

9. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

He'll probably tell you but just look up his post history dude. It's got a lot of gems just from this year.

10. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

Sorry, bro. I prefer to keep my real name private. I'm no one famous anyhow, believe me.

11. IswearIkeepmyhandsup Boxer

Totally understandable, foolish question of me to ask now that I look back at it. Are there any old posts where you share some of your experiences? Super curious.

12. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

Sure. In many of my past threads & posts here in the boxing forum. I'll see about posting some links to them when I have more time. Thanks for your interest, bro.

Peace.

13. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

Added two more in the past month or so:

32EC8EF5-F982-4E1E-BA9A-BCD0B7DE6AB6.jpeg

531C407F-65E7-43AE-BA5E-553A10994CE4.jpeg

sweetviolenturg and Athenry04 like this.
  14. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

Those are cool as hell.

The only time I met Micky Ward was back in October of 1990 when I was a sparring partner for Charles Murray before their fight in Rochester. I was busy preparing for my own fight which was about three weeks later in Erie, PA so I didn't make it to any of the press conferences beforehand. So, I only saw him briefly at the weigh-in & then again right after the fight. And on both of those occasions, I could tell that he wasn't in the mood to sign anything. So, I put it off until the morning after the fight when I planned to see him back at the hotel. Unfortunately, though, Ward & his people all skipped breakfast & left Rochester for Lowell early. So, I never even got a picture with him much less a poster signed.
    Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed.

StewDogg11 likes this.
  15. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

Haha man your stories are the highlight of the Sherdog forums. Glad to see you appreciated the Spinks as well. Yes he didn’t have the most crowd pleasing style to most but I always appreciated how he maximized the tools he did have.

sweetviolenturg likes this.
  16. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

I enjoyed watching Spinks fight. No, he wasn't the most exciting fighter in the world but he was damn effective at what he did & pulled some good upsets. Hell, IMO he should have been a three-weight class world champion because I thought he beat Jermain Taylor.

So, yeah, that's a nice autograph to have. Congrats, bro.

StewDogg11 likes this.
  17. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

8440626D-C5BF-4F85-A3E7-7889B1552275.jpeg

Added a new one, absolutely thrilled to have this one as Hagler is one of my all time favorites and he rarely signs so they are quite pricey when they do pop up. While it’s not the exact picture you can tell it’s from the same photo shoot as one of his Ring Magazine covers.