My big stupid hype trains thread.

ramazan-kishev_l.png

Ramazan Kishev

Country - Russia
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - ACA
Record : 17-3

My personal just bleed god didn't let me down at the weekend with a really hard fought for win against top prospect Askhab Zuliev. Kishev might be a win some/lose some guy if he ever got signed to the UFC, but he always comes to bang and is just never in a boring fight. He said something about wanting to sign a new ACA contract after the fight, which might mean he's potentially available if anyone wanted to move for him now he's on a 3 fight win streak. Guaranteed entertainment from this dude.
Why does Russia have so many good fighters? and most of them are fighting outside big promotions

Why does Russia have so many good fighters? and most of them are fighting outside big promotions

Just demographics really, it's a big country with a combat sports/martial arts culture. Major US organisations don't mind some Russians but I don't think any of them want a third of the roster to be Russian.

There's probably 100 Russian fighters good enough to fight in the UFC.

Sherbro, I wish I had your time and knowledge of worldwide MMA.

You should check out Sousa Vs Alexander Keshtov in CFFC if you get the chance dude, Keshtov came into that fight undefeated and with a lot of hype behind him and that was supposed to be his last stop before the UFC. Instead Sousa dominates him.

You should check out Sousa Vs Alexander Keshtov in CFFC if you get the chance dude, Keshtov came into that fight undefeated and with a lot of hype behind him and that was supposed to be his last stop before the UFC. Instead Sousa dominates him.
Ill look it up as soon as i have a chance.

Gonna have my eye on Christian Natividad and Steven Nguyen on the LFA card on Friday. Nate Smith to an extent too.

He's interesting but I caught his last fight for Brave and was a little underwhelmed.
Havent seen that one TBH but his past performances have shown a very enjoyable striking game. I guess he still needs some developing.

@trentkelp will be proud of you.

Lol I wonder where Trent is, did Arizona Combat Sports stop his payments or something?

I've really liked what I've seen from Christian so far, so he might have been right about him, although obviously he hasn't fought anyone yet and he's only fighting a 1-1 guy on Friday, so we likely won't learn a lot.

This is probably more for me than anything else as I forget the names of half the dudes I see in smaller promotions that impress me. I'm just gonna mention people that impress me when I watch a card, although I'm not including guys already signed to UFC, Bellator or PFL.

g55LZ3IoytM.jpg

Georgy Shakhruramazanov

Country - Russia
Promotion - EFC
Record : 10-0

So I was watching this guy's fight against 10-3 Ali Dikaev and was getting really impressed with the way he was managing distance and doing damage, then he starts to land some hard knees to the gut and I'm getting even more impressed and then he does this shit.

<DCWhoa>

Needless to say I can't wait to see this dude fight again.

ffffffq.jpeg

Ruslan Sariev

Country - Kazakhstan
Weight Class - Bantamweight
Promotion - EFC
Record : 12-1

So this guy actually lost his title fight, but I was transfixed by his style. He has this weird almost hypnotic slow motion stance switches and shadow boxing that he uses to lure his opponent into a false sense of security before suddenly changing speeds and cracking them with something. Also has good TDD and when he does get taken down uses butterfly guard really effectively to create space and stand back up. Was winning the fight comfortably in my opinion before he fucked up and got caught in a D'arce, which I imagine he'll learn from. I would bet he'll have a better career than his opponent.

Mansur-Malachiev.png

Mansur Malachiev

Country - Russia
Promotion - EFC
Record : 9-0

Of course it would be remiss of me not to give the guy who actually beat Sariev a bit of shine. He strikes me as a bit more of a meat and potatoes kind of fighter, but he keeps coming forward and keeps trying even if things aren't working until he can get them to work, which is what happened in this fight. There'll always be room in MMA for hard working technically sound guys.

You are too good for this place.

I gave up on watching prospects years ago. I'm so bad at remembering names. Also I'm usually wrong.

But I did start a thread in like 2002 about this unknown guy named GSP after watching him wrestle-fuck Ivan Menjivar in TKO (watched that free on TSN aka Canadian ESPN).

natividad.png

Christian Natividad

Country - USA
Promotion - LFA
Record : 3-0

Another impressive performance from Natividad against a guy who was much better than his record suggested. I was impressed by Christian's fight IQ in this fight, whenever Woolsey was starting to feel comfortable on the feet, he'd time his entry well and take it to the ground and beat him up there. A good three rounds worth of experience against a tough guy that will be great in terms of experience for him.

ZXgxupkZ_400x400.jpg

Steven Nguyen

Country - USA
Promotion - LFA
Record : 7-1

I said I was keeping an eye on him after his contender series fight and he didn't disappoint tonight with a thunderous first round KO that sent his opponent crumbling to the canvas. Now he's training what seems to be full time at a great camp in Fortis MMA he can really become a force to be reckoned with.

Also a decent performance by Victor Altamarino in beating Nate Smith, but I'm not hypetraining him because his TDD absolutely sucks and he has little power and I think that'll be a problem against high level competition (as it was against Brooks).

I know he might not be a prospect necessarily albeit still quite young, but man did I enjoy watching Tommy Aaron fight. Very fun and unorthodox style, relentless pace, Tony Ferguson in his corner. I like it!

I know he might not be a prospect necessarily albeit still quite young, but man did I enjoy watching Tommy Aaron fight. Very fun and unorthodox style, relentless pace, Tony Ferguson in his corner. I like it!

Yeah he did well in finishing an undefeated dude. He's a very fun fighter but like you say not really a prospect but maybe if he can go on a bit of a run he can get a shot at the majors.

Jailton-Junior.JPG

Jailton Junior

Country - Brazil
Weight Class - Light Heavyweight
Promotion - Thunder Fight/Future FC
Record : 13-2

This guy is a Brazilian LHW who's developed a Khabib style grappling style and he uses it to absolutely drown people. In the last year he's used it to finish two UFC vets in Ednaldo Oliveira and Ildemar Alcantara and he just got done with demolishing tough veteran Edvaldo De Oliveira. Especially in a division that could use talent like 205, this dude is UFC ready.

Here's the Alcantara fight if anyone is interested in his style.

Back