My big stupid hype trains thread.

July rankings

Heavyweight

1. Mario Pinto - 1998 - Portugal - Levels Fight League - 8-0
2. Tallison Teixeira - 1999 - Brazil - LFA - 6-0
3. Rizvan Kuniev - 1993 - Russia - Free Agent - 12-2-1 (Re-entry)
4. Mario Piazzon - 1998 - Brazil - Demo Fight - 7-0
5. Bailey Schoenfelder - 1997 - USA - CFFC - 5-0
6. Odie Delaney - 1989 - USA - Alaska FC - 5-0
7.. Raffael Cerqueira - 1990 - Brazil - Demo Fight - 11-0
8. Felipe Franco - 2001 - Brazil - Demo Fight - 5-0

You just know that Kuniev is going to win a decision though and not get signed, again.

Light Heavyweight

1. Abdulrakhman Yakhyaev - 2001 - Turkey - Ares - 5-0 (Up 4 places)
  2. Luke Fernandez - 1995 - USA - CFFC - 3-0
  3. Diyar Nurgozhay - Kazakhstan - UAE Warriors - 9-0
  4. Bruno Lopes - 1993 - LFA - Brazil - 12-1
  5. Rasul Magomedov - 1995 - Bahrain - BRAVE - 4-0
  6. Navajo Stirling - 1997 - New Zealand - HEX - 4-0
  7. Arlind Berisha – 2000 – Albania – All Stars FN – 2-0 (New entry)
  8. Nasrudin Nasrudinov - 1991 - Russia - RCC - 10-2
  9. Ozzy Diaz - 1990 - USA - LFA - 9-2
  10. Igor Glazkov - 1999 - Russia - Eagle FC - 9-0-1
  11. Andres Ramos – 1995 – Cuba – FNC – 4-0 (New entry)
  12. Jacky Jeanne – 1994 – France – Ares – 5-1 (Re-entry)
  13. Kerim Daidov - 1997 - Kazakhstan - Octagon - 10-1

Didn't realise Nurgozhay was on DWCS as per your other post, that's good news. Having seen how badly Brendson Ribeiro has been in the UFC I wouldn't be surprised to see Lopes lose again on DWCS.

Also, delighted to see this thread finally and deservedly 'stickied'.

Screen_Shot_2021-02-11_at_10.44.59_PM.png

Icaro Brito

Country - Brazil
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - LFA
Team - Fighting Nerds
Record : 7-1

So I said I needed to go back and check this guy out after seeing he'd beaten de Lara and it turns out his LFA fight was on a prelims I missed for some reason.

Anyway holy shit is this guy impressive, he trains out of the red hot Fighting Nerds team and he's really fucking good. He's got a very poised stance and keeps his range really nicely, then he's got this laser jab which he uses to get his range, then once he's measured the guy up he unloads the arsenal of high kicks, spin kicks and jumping knees. Looks to have a solid sprawl too so could be tough to take down. I particularly liked the way against Duarte he was super calm when he had him hurt and the first time he realised the dude was tough and had a solid chin so calmed down and waited for a better chance to get him out of there, which he did with a power jab after confusing him with all the kicks for a superb KO.

Looks top class to me.

stanley1.jpg

Stanley Dorsainvil

Country - USA
Weight Class - Lightweight
Promotion - LFA
Team - Combat Club
Record : 3-0

This kid kind or turned up unheralded in LFA at the weekend, taking on Cedric Katambwa who some people had been saying was quite close to the UFC/DWCS but just went in there and took all his hype.

I think the most impressive thing was the sheer pace the guy fights at, he just didn't give Cedric a moment to rest in there. Mixing his striking and grappling together really well and just switching it up whenever he felt it was the right opportunity to do so. Picked his shots really well too, nice accurate striking down the middle so he's not just a pace merchant.

Very interesting kid, I'd like to see him again to make sure but highly impressed for the first time seeing him.

1. Andres Luna Martinetti - 1995 - Ecuador - Fusion FC - 14-1
Both Luna Martinetti twins are fighting on the upcoming Budo Sento card.

I just listened to an interview with Juan Andres and he said when he got the call for DWCS, he also got a call for a short notice fight with Manel Kape, but it didn't pan out which is beneficial to him as Kape would've steamrolled him.

Kasib Murdoch and Muhammad Salohidinov are both fighting tomorrow. Murdoch is 23, former IMMAF champ, former boxing national champ in Australia and Volks protege. Salohidinov is 22, former IMMAF champ and is 2-0 pro but fighting vs 17-4 Pancrase fighter Seiichiro Ito. These are two prospects to watch closely.

Kasib Murdoch and Muhammad Salohidinov are both fighting tomorrow. Murdoch is 23, former IMMAF champ, former boxing national champ in Australia and Volks protege. Salohidinov is 22, former IMMAF champ and is 2-0 pro but fighting vs 17-4 Pancrase fighter Seiichiro Ito. These are two prospects to watch closely.

Update, Kasib smashed his opponent into the ground in the 1st round. Muhammad Salohidinov ended up getting submitted in the 3rd round, might have been a little too much too soon even with the amateur pedigree to go from 2-0 to fighting a 17-4-2 Pancrase champ. I think gyms are still trying to figure out how to manage their prospects who have tons of pedigree....can't be too slow with it but can't be too quick with it either, especially when they're only 22.

Update, Kasib smashed his opponent into the ground in the 1st round. Muhammad Salohidinov ended up getting submitted in the 3rd round, might have been a little too much too soon even with the amateur pedigree to go from 2-0 to fighting a 17-4-2 Pancrase champ. I think gyms are still trying to figure out how to manage their prospects who have tons of pedigree....can't be too slow with it but can't be too quick with it either, especially when they're only 22.

It's what happens if you fight in Japan and have a pedigree. That's why guys like Shinobu Ota and Ren Hiramoto end up fighting massively experienced MMA fighters in their first few fights.

It's what happens if you fight in Japan and have a pedigree. That's why guys like Shinobu Ota and Ren Hiramoto end up fighting massively experienced MMA fighters in their first few fights.

Gyms buddy, gyms. Mma doesn't have a history of trying to build fighters up and develop them properly. It's the first time in the sport history where guys are coming into MMA at 13-15 semi regularly, beginning amateurs and tournament competition and then going pro at 18. They haven't figured out how to pace it on a case by case basis yet to yield the most optimal results it seems.

Gyms buddy, gyms. Mma doesn't have a history of trying to build fighters up and develop them properly. It's the first time in the sport history where guys are coming into MMA at 13-15 semi regularly, beginning amateurs and tournament competition and then going pro at 18. They haven't figured out how to pace it on a case by case basis yet to yield the most optimal results it seems.

I don't think it's really a gyms issue when it comes to this, it's just always been that way in Japan. That's why you get things like Yuji Nagata where they go "Oh, you were a decent amateur wrestler and now you're a pro-wrestling champion, lets put you in there with Cro Cop and Fedor for your first fights" at least the UFC tried to give CM Punk bums lol.

I don't think it's really a gyms issue when it comes to this, it's just always been that way in Japan. That's why you get things like Yuji Nagata where they go "Oh, you were a decent amateur wrestler and now you're a pro-wrestling champion, lets put you in there with Cro Cop and Fedor for your first fights" at least the UFC tried to give CM Punk bums lol.

Of course its a gym issue. He should have been sent abroad to have went serious rounds with more high level guys, had his sparring tapes studied and assessed. He should have been built up longer and had loose ends tied more thoroughly. No reason a standout 22yo 2-0 prospect should be copping Ls from a 30yo Pancrase champ with a 17-4-2 record. Teams gotta be ontop of their fighters.

Of course its a gym issue. He should have been sent abroad to have went serious rounds with more high level guys, had his sparring tapes studied and assessed. He should have been built up longer and had loose ends tied more thoroughly. No reason a standout 22yo 2-0 prospect should be copping Ls from a 30yo Pancrase champ with a 17-4-2 record. Teams gotta be ontop of their fighters.

Yeah but if you want to earn more in a promotion like that then this is how you get booked.

Tbh MMA isn't the sport where early losses matter anyway.

Yeah but if you want to earn more in a promotion like that then this is how you get booked.

Tbh MMA isn't the sport where early losses matter anyway.

Records have increasingly meant more and more over time in MMA. But to me it's also just a lack of preparation, awareness and working with their fighter. He should have been going 3-4 full 5 minute rounds vs guys at Itos level to see where he's at before ever taking fights like that. A lot of times losses ruin fighters, a lot of times these young prospects catch one bad L and retire or don't fight for a year or years. Just seemed really bold, his fight vs Toki was a huge step up as it was for his 2nd pro fight.

Michael_Pagani.png

Michael Pagani

Country - Italy
Promotion - Cage Warriors
Team - Mixed Martial Pro Team

It's pretty rare that I end up hype training someone in the wake of a defeat but I really do think Pagani deserves one.

Mason Jones is easily a solid UFC level fighter and Pagani was extremely competitive with him in a bit of a barnburner. It's probably his calmness under fire against a pressure guy like Mason that stood out. Sure he got landed on as everyone does but he was picking his own shots and he's got some really crisp boxing he was landing on Mason with. Very impressive toughness too as even when he was badly busted up he didn't show any sign of not trying to win and still seemed fine cardio wise to push a guy who should still be in the UFC all the way to the end.

Michael_Pagani.png

Michael Pagani

Country - Italy
Promotion - Cage Warriors
Team - Mixed Martial Pro Team

It's pretty rare that I end up hype training someone in the wake of a defeat but I really do think Pagani deserves one.

Mason Jones is easily a solid UFC level fighter and Pagani was extremely competitive with him in a bit of a barnburner. It's probably his calmness under fire against a pressure guy like Mason that stood out. Sure he got landed on as everyone does but he was picking his own shots and he's got some really crisp boxing he was landing on Mason with. Very impressive toughness too as even when he was badly busted up he didn't show any sign of not trying to win and still seemed fine cardio wise to push a guy who should still be in the UFC all the way to the end.
Mason Jones did not do well in UFC.

Back