my analysis on WRESTLING

It seems like BJJ has all these fancy moves and certain criteria in a fight needs to be met in order to pull certain moves off - what happens if a guy never postures and sets himself up for a risky and fancy BJJ move? Whereas in wrestling, it's a no-frills, straight-forward, I'm-going-to-strangle-you-and-break-all-your-bones-whether-you-posture-or-not type of style.

i would say that the main differences are the rules, what constitutes victory, and what is the philosophy of each is

examples: bjj - position before submission, advance your position.
wrestling - takedown and pin

^a very simple example, but just from this you can see how they are vastly different

i would say that the main differences are the rules, what constitutes victory, and what is the philosophy of each is

examples: bjj - position before submission, advance your position.
wrestling - takedown and pin

^a very simple example, but just from this you can see how they are vastly different

I think that is misunderstood. Because wrestling is also position before pin and then maintain that position, hence all the "good base" talk. Advancing position once on top and a bottom based submission game is where wrestling and therefore wrestlers need work when transitioning.

It seems like BJJ has all these fancy moves and certain criteria in a fight needs to be met in order to pull certain moves off - what happens if a guy never postures and sets himself up for a risky and fancy BJJ move?

Have you ever done bjj?

Main difference between BJJ and Wrestling?
Mental strength.

Back