Must play N64 games

Satsui Ryu

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm going on a retro kick until the next gen is a lot cheaper and has a lot more games. I have plenty of games to play for SNES, PS1, and arcade, but I do not know much outside of Mario, Zelda, and Golden Eye for N64. Need some suggestions here.

Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, good AKI WCW/WWE(F) games, Waverace 64, Killer Instinct Gold.

Ogre Battle 64. Pilotwings

Mischief Makers

250px-Mischief_Makers.jpg

I don't think a lot of people liked it when it came out, but Hybrid Heaven was one of my favorite N64 games.

Hybrid Heaven
Harvest Moon 64
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Wrestlemania 2000
Super Smash Bros.
Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Perfect Dark
GoldenEye 64

WWF No Mercy, still the best wrestling game ever made, Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Paper Mario, Star Fox.

NFL Blitz, Zelda majora's mask (after OOT), Donkey Kong 64, And then pokemon stadium if you're a pokemon fan.

you playing emulator or actual hardware? Hope you have a functional controller with your control stick still sensitive. I grinded the cocaine out of 8 controllers throughout my n64 gaming era.

Turok, Perfect dark, Mario Kart, Mario 64, and Goldeneye

Well you already know the classics so I'm gonna suggest a game that doesn't get the love it deserves, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

I'm going on a retro kick until the next gen is a lot cheaper and has a lot more games. I have plenty of games to play for SNES, PS1, and arcade, but I do not know much outside of Mario, Zelda, and Golden Eye for N64. Need some suggestions here.

You've just named them all. N64 didn't have many "must play" games.

I like Blast Corps, Killer Instinct Gold and the WWF/WCW and Star Wars games but they weren't must play by any means.

Well you already know the classics so I'm gonna suggest a game that doesn't get the love it deserves, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

I second this. You need to get a memory pack to save, though. If you're playing on an emulator, I don't think it's converted well on it.

The WWF No Mercy game and WWF Wrestlemania games were great 4-player games. One or the other should be fine; they play the same.

you playing emulator or actual hardware? Hope you have a functional controller with your control stick still sensitive. I grinded the cocaine out of 8 controllers throughout my n64 gaming era.
Emulator. Didn't think about it but hopefully the analog stick is not an issue for this.

Emulator. Didn't think about it but hopefully the analog stick is not an issue for this.

Good luck with that. Every N64 rom and emulator I've tried has been crap. Games seem buggy and the controls don't really work without the N64 controller.

Snowboard kids

Wow someone else has actually played this game? I loved it as a kid, also Snowboard Kids 2, both underrated racing games imo.

Must play games other than the ones you mentioned would be Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. DK64 is pretty good too. Matter of fact any Rare game for N64 was great. Rare was probably back then what Naughty Dog is now, pumping out great game after great game.

BattleTanx
Bomberman
Quest
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Wars: Pod Racer

Matter of fact any Rare game for N64 was great. Rare was probably back then what Naughty Dog is now, pumping out great game after great game.

I get what analogy you were going for, but it has been years since Naughty Dog has put out a good game.

Comparing Rare to modern day Paradox would have been better.

The WWF No Mercy game and WWF Wrestlemania games were great 4-player games. One or the other should be fine; they play the same.

Have you tried the Virtual Pro Wrestling games?

Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 is basically WCW/NWO World Tour but with 10x the amount of wrestlers to choose from. In addition you could play as boxers like Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali, and also kickboxers.

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 came after Wrestlemania 2000 and before No Mercy. It was awesome because it had the customization of Wrestlemania 2000 plus you could have Mixed Martial Arts fights. Some of the characters in the game were from Rings/Pancrase/Pride etc. The game had the create-a-wrestler from Wrestlemania 2000 with all the moves from the WCW and WWF games.

Both of these games were 80-90% Japanese wrestlers, but they did contain many American wrestlers that wrestled in Japan and/or were part of WCW when they had their partnership with the Japanese wrestling scene.

I never played winback but that was one purchase I wish I made that I didnt

Back