Must play N64 games

Mario Kart, Super Mario, Pilotwings (great soundtrack on that one), Bad Fur Day (wonderful multiplayer). Perfect Dark and Turok are fun but overrated IMO. Star Fox is super fun. Super Smash Bros if you can get some multiplayer going. You mentioned Legend of Zelda, that's one of the best games ever made. Bomberman is also a must play.

I don't think a lot of people liked it when it came out, but Hybrid Heaven was one of my favorite N64 games.

Hybrid Heaven
Harvest Moon 64
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Wrestlemania 2000
Super Smash Bros.
Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Perfect Dark
GoldenEye 64

Awesome!! Perfect Dark looked cool but I remember I couldnt figure out how the hell to play it.

Perfect Dark blew GoldenEye out of the water in every possible way.

I could not figure out how to get the friggin game going. I couldnt get past the 1st scene. This was over a decade ago but i remember it was confusing.

Zelda, mario paper/64, jet force gemini, blast corps, many more.

I enjoyed those days, though I'm not sure nostalgia could hide the fact that those graphics are pretty rough.

Hybrid Heaven - a unique scifi RPG where battles are 1 on 1 martial arts/street fights and your guys body/techniques get stronger as he uses them

Jet Force Gemini - one of the best 3rd person shooters of the generation, this is a big game with a lot of content

Ogre Battle 64 - another surprisingly big game for the N64, this is a unit-based war strategy fantasy RPG with a mature story, requires some reading

I get what analogy you were going for, but it has been years since Naughty Dog has put out a good game.

Comparing Rare to modern day Paradox would have been better.
Lol really? I ain't even played it but Last of Us was universally recognized as the GotY. Come on, son!

you playing emulator or actual hardware? Hope you have a functional controller with your control stick still sensitive. I grinded the cocaine out of 8 controllers throughout my n64 gaming era.

Replacement analog sticks for the N64 are cheap and easy to do. After you unscrew the controller shell, it's literally gust setting the joystick pot and plugging in a single wire harness. You can find them for around $5 and they have Game Cube style sticks that don't leave your analog hanging by a toothpick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMECUBE-ST...US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item58b071d129

wargods.jpg

Turok-dinosaur_hunter_n64_cover.png

9037_front.jpg

Everything I was going to mentioned got mentioned. However if you like Racers I suggest

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

F-Zero X (if Nintendo would get off there ass and make a good F-Zero Game for the Wii-U I'd probably buy one. PFP best racing series of all time)

F-1 World Grand Prix (still my fave F1 racer of all time)

Sorry I forgot to tell you to do a barrel roll right into Starfox 64... Awesome game. Everyone who gets a 64 should get this game.

The SW racing game mentioned a few posts above was the tits.

Never had an N64 but I'm playing OoT for the first time on the 3DS. I'm sure I'll be shocking the world when I say the the game is, in fact, pretty good.

Back