Musicians that became famous in their 50s?

There was a guy in the Raleigh area here that would play all the local bars and clubs and said the samething. Then he married some lady who had a bit part in the stepford wives remake, killed his exwife and chopped her up into pieces and dumped her in a swap down in Texas.

Your guy at least plays in bars and clubs. While my dude makes music but doesn't promote it or has yet to make a nickel or a dime.

Before making it big was he popular locally?

No but I am from Canada. Does your uncle perform shows or has made money through his music?
Charles Bradley I think was gigging in a James Brown tribute band or something. First major album release that I know of came back earlier this decade. He died a couple years ago.

Charles Bradley I think was gigging in a James Brown tribute band or something. First major album release that I know of came back earlier this decade. He died a couple years ago.

See at least a guy like that is going for it and not just talking about it.

Rammstein became famous in their 30's(?) i think. Although they're not in their 50's, the reason i mentioned is because they said that one reason they survived as a band is because they were mature enough to work as a band or some shit like that.

I also don't think it's not impossible to create mind blowing music at age 50. I mean Trent Reznor (currently age 53) is still winning awards even now that NIN isn't that successful.

Seasick Steve was in his 60's when his first album came out

Rammstein became famous in their 30's(?) i think. Although they're not in their 50's, the reason i mentioned is because they said that one reason they survived as a band is because they were mature enough to work as a band or some shit like that.

Apart from the bassist they're all over 50

This idiot that I see around town always brags about making it big in music and saying how his maturity is an advantage.

He is in his 50s and says he is on the verge of creating mind blowing music.

Curious to know if you know anyone who made it big in music at that age?
Can't think of one.

This idiot that I see around town always brags about making it big in music and saying how his maturity is an advantage.

He is in his 50s and says he is on the verge of creating mind blowing music.

Curious to know if you know anyone who made it big in music at that age?
My father is a lifelong musician and worked over two decades to "Make it" at the expense of free time, family, responsibilities, etc. He runs a company with a couple of bands that do events, weddings, etc. sings, plays bass and now that he's pushing his late 50's is stepping back doing more a management role so he doesn't have to travel around the region as much.

Dreams are there if you work. My dad isn't some famous guy or some household name, and it took a long ass time working shit jobs paycheck to paycheck, my mother leaving him, his next wife leaving him, all of the stereotypical "Delusional Asshole" stuff that goes with chasing stupid dreams. But in the end he's settled somewhere doing what he loves for a living, has a nice house, a wife (whom i adore) that loves and supports him and most importantly he's the happiest I've ever heard or seen him and that's all that matters to me.

I didn't understand him when i was growing up and thought he was a self-centered asshole. He probably is, but some people just have a fire in them that blinds them to "reality" until they make their own. Good for them. We only got one shot at this.
Fuck you if you're going out of your way to hold this old man down because you're too much of a pussy to chase your own dreams. PS my dad would beat the shit out of you.

See at least a guy like that is going for it and not just talking about it.
How miserable do you have to be to stomp on this guys' delusions? If they're this important to him, they're probably all he's got. He probably respects you to some extent to be sharing these pathetic ideas with you hoping to illicit some type of camaraderie with you, and you're on here asking a bunch of losers on a karate forum to pile on to his misery. Sad!

My father is a lifelong musician and worked over two decades to "Make it" at the expense of free time, family, responsibilities, etc. He runs a company with a couple of bands that do events, weddings, etc. sings, plays bass and now that he's pushing his late 50's is stepping back doing more a management role so he doesn't have to travel around the region as much.

Dreams are there if you work. My dad isn't some famous guy or some household name, and it took a long ass time working shit jobs paycheck to paycheck, my mother leaving him, his next wife leaving him, all of the stereotypical "Delusional Asshole" stuff that goes with chasing stupid dreams. But in the end he's settled somewhere doing what he loves for a living, has a nice house, a wife (whom i adore) that loves and supports him and most importantly he's the happiest I've ever heard or seen him and that's all that matters to me.

I didn't understand him when i was growing up and thought he was a self-centered asshole. He probably is, but some people just have a fire in them that blinds them to "reality" until they make their own. Good for them. We only got one shot at this.
Fuck you if you're going out of your way to hold this old man down because you're too much of a pussy to chase your own dreams. PS my dad would beat the shit out of you.
Hi Daspy :)

Hey cutie. How's life?
Give us Flacco plx

Life is great ! and you're free to have flacco lol, altho I'm skeptical on what Lamar will show in his second year, but the team and coaching staff seems fully bought in.

Life is great ! and you're free to have flacco lol, altho I'm skeptical on what Lamar will show in his second year, but the team and coaching staff seems fully bought in.
Good to hear bud. I like Lamar but starting him in the yoffs was a mistake.

Charles Bradley, Great fucking singer. Died 3 or 4 years after He got some recognition

Damn, you beat me to it. Yeah, his story is incredible. Made it so late in life and then dies not long after finally making it. I suppose that's more than a lot of people get. R.I.P.

I wish I had a girl that anyone would want to steal. He is a guy who lives around my neighbor hood and likes to go on rants about becoming famous any day now.

How is it that you come to talk to him?

No but I am from Canada. Does your uncle perform shows or has made money through his music?

I don't think he's played a real gig anywhere, but he spends lots of money making music videos and has claimed to be making money on youtube (can't be much at all given his view counts) He's been at it for around 10 years now and has been getting progressively weirder as time goes on and his ego keeps growing. He's been starting sentences like "When I make it big..." followed by delusions since he started making his own music 10 years ago. His music is incredibly strange and not really commercially viable. Here is one of his videos:

Also, pretty sure he does some personal training stuff too which is why I thought it sounded like him so much.

Aren't there two old white guys that have written the majority of pop music over the last 20 years?

Did you read my above post?

I referred to him as an idiot because he treats people like shit when he is buying food or is in a position of receiving customer service. As if he is already super famous. When we ask him him to be nicer he tells us to go fuck our selves because is about to be famous and he doesn't have to listen to plebs like us.

I don't understand why you say fuck you and call me a pussy when I already explained his personality.

How is it that you come to talk to him?

I go to the gym that he has his fitness classes seems friendly until he is receiving customer service in which case he turns in to an asshole of a human being.

Back