Musicians that became famous in their 50s?

Rocky Erickson had some sort of second and bigger media echo like 10 years ago when he was 60+ and was picked practically of the street being homeless and in mental institutions on and off the decade before.

There was a guy in the Raleigh area here that would play all the local bars and clubs and said the samething. Then he married some lady who had a bit part in the stepford wives remake, killed his exwife and chopped her up into pieces and dumped her in a swap down in Texas.
Who was this guy? I live in Raleigh.

I don't think he's played a real gig anywhere, but he spends lots of money making music videos and has claimed to be making money on youtube (can't be much at all given his view counts) He's been at it for around 10 years now and has been getting progressively weirder as time goes on and his ego keeps growing. He's been starting sentences like "When I make it big..." followed by delusions since he started making his own music 10 years ago. His music is incredibly strange and not really commercially viable. Here is one of his videos:

Also, pretty sure he does some personal training stuff too which is why I thought it sounded like him so much.

...is that Max Hardcore?

How miserable do you have to be to stomp on this guys' delusions? If they're this important to him, they're probably all he's got. He probably respects you to some extent to be sharing these pathetic ideas with you hoping to illicit some type of camaraderie with you, and you're on here asking a bunch of losers on a karate forum to pile on to his misery. Sad!

What's wrong with you man!?

I already mentioned why!

You can't treat people like shit just because you think you are going to be famous. It's not right even if you are famous. If he was a nice humble guy then I would have encouraged him and would support him by purchasing his music (which he hasn't been put to sales yet.)

There was a guy in the Raleigh area here that would play all the local bars and clubs and said the samething. Then he married some lady who had a bit part in the stepford wives remake, killed his exwife and chopped her up into pieces and dumped her in a swap down in Texas.

<escalate99>

But... why?

Ronnie James Dio was 38 when Heaven and Hell was released. He was 32 when he teamed up with Ritchie Blackmore for Rainbow.

Rudy and Klaus were in their mid 30s when the Scorpions finally became well known.

And I'm fairly certain Mick Mars died sometime before Motley Crue released Too Fast for Love in 1981. Nikki and the boys have been Weekending at Bernie's that corpse going on 40 years now.

I don't think he's played a real gig anywhere, but he spends lots of money making music videos and has claimed to be making money on youtube (can't be much at all given his view counts) He's been at it for around 10 years now and has been getting progressively weirder as time goes on and his ego keeps growing. He's been starting sentences like "When I make it big..." followed by delusions since he started making his own music 10 years ago. His music is incredibly strange and not really commercially viable. Here is one of his videos:

Also, pretty sure he does some personal training stuff too which is why I thought it sounded like him so much.

At least your uncle is putting him self out there and making videos. Based the comment section he seems like he has some fans.

Meanwhile the guy I know doesn't perform or put his shit out there.

How old was The Shat when his spoken word singing career took off?

Back