muscle spasms

vigilante90210

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know what actually causes muscle spasms? Normally i get them so rarely i dont worry about it, but recently my left rear deltoid has been spasming fairly consistently(prolly close to every other day).....it doesn't hurt at all but its annoying as hell.....just wondering if anyone had any insight on the possible sources and remedies.

I like to know this too. i get lots of spasms, mainly in my eyelids, but sometimes in my triceps, neck and thighs and butt cheeks.

its not dehidration but perhaps a magneseium deficientcy?

also its worse when im stressed or havent had much sleep

LOL, I am going to have to check this out now. I thought it was just me. I get them in my left Bicept all the time and they drive me crazy

grapling101 said:
LOL, I am going to have to check this out now. I thought it was just me. I get them in my left Bicept all the time and they drive me crazy

The same EXACT thing happens to me, however it doesn't drive me crazy. I really would like to know what makes this happen as well.

Mine usually goes away after I get a NICE full nights sleep.

I get these in my left bicep, and I havent worked this arm in almost 2 weeks due to a thumb injury...whats up with it...

I would guess if it is not accompanied by pain it's just a muscle spindle freaking out. It should go away if massaged lightly.

i find my left eyelid spasms as if on cue if i get stressed or pissed off. i've grabbed a mirror and can see it only sometimes, just barely.

no pain, just odd.

AxeGrinder said:
I get these in my left bicep, and I havent worked this arm in almost 2 weeks due to a thumb injury...whats up with it...

Funny... I had this yesterday after my back workout. went away after I slept lol.

I was told years ago to massage the area of the origin of the smasming muscle. It seems to work, although I'm not sure it's scientific. It would be nice to hear from Jarfi on this one.

i goit in my biceps at nights and i think is the recovery of the muscles and creatine

I get this on my biceps and forarms every now and then. I think stretching the muscle and massaging would be best.

I am not sure, but I think its either the muscle spindle firing or it could be from a higher order processing thing coming from the brain. It seems to happen more when i"m fatigued (things will misfire then) or if I've recently had a lot of caffeine or hyped up (then the threshold of firing is greatly reduced). Either way a good nights sleep or stretching should be the best thing, although nothing seems to stop it right away; stretching/sleeping would be more preventative.

I get them in my back but the muscle is a smaller muscle mid back and on my right side it will contract and stays that way for 5-10 minutes then goes away for a lttle while then comes back again. It last for about an hour then goes away. I get them every coule months I dont know why and it doesnt seem to be a consistant activity that triggers it. All I know when it happens it is hurtin and very hard to move.

Its faaaaaaaaaaaaaatigue... AxeGrinder i don't know...maybe the bird flu...

Back