Social Multiple Arrests Reported At Anti-Police, Anti-MTA Fare Protest Amid Acts Of Subway Vandalism

the thing you have to understand about the MTA is that it is THE most corrupt organization here in NY. that's from my first hand experience being born & raised here - & then this was confirmed by one of my all time best friends who works for the MTA (Bridges & Tunnels).

first, the MetroCard system is a joke - the fare itself increases on top of services that progressively get worse & worse. the card system is designed to rake in money - nothing more. the fares are never "evenly priced", & designed in a way where you'd always have increments of change/funds left over. plus the cards always have a short lifespan & expire. & they're made super flimsy/cheap & get fucked up - including the poor print job. what does this mean? think of all of the balances that get left over & after all these cards get damaged/expired etc.

where does the money go? well, they fucking keep it. people have looked into it & the money they collect yearly is mindblowing.

next, the MTA can do whatever the fuck they want. they are the true "gangsters" of New York. they dictate the way things go as far as they are concerned because if NYC is the heart of the US (disgruntled America to be fair) then the MTA logically is the circulatory system making us the "blood cells". they are needed for the City to function, so they hold all the power. they don't give a fuck. they know this. they always win, no matter what.

I don't support the violence, but don't paint this as a right vs. left partisan hackfest of a situation.

the hatred against the MTA is fucking real.

I rode the subways, shuttles, path trains to New Jersey, rose the huge buses barreling down the long avenues of manhattan, Fir two years.

My only complaint is that the subway can be dangerous. Just pay attention to your surroundings. I agree with the nonsense of having loose cents left over on the cards, but I always used the monthly deal.

who do you want in charge of the MTA? It’s already publicly owned. You want it turned private?

these people just want free rides everywhere. Everything free.

I rode the subways, shuttles, path trains to New Jersey, rose the huge buses barreling down the long avenues of manhattan, Fir two years.

My only complaint is that the subway can be dangerous. Just pay attention to your surroundings. I agree with the nonsense of having loose cents left over on the cards, but I always used the monthly deal.

who do you want in charge of the MTA? It’s already publicly owned. You want it turned private?

these people just want free rides everywhere. Everything free.

try riding the 7 train from Flushing to Grand Central for 10+yrs & get back to me.

sorry, but they - cops pretty much target black & Hispanics above all. I live in Flushing, Queens - heavily Asian. I literally witness hordes of Asian people hopping/doubling up through the turnstiles - & the biggest joke? the "emergency doors" are literally ALWAYS open, & when you time it right, literally hundreds of people are going through them - detecs are in no way going to stop the masses. they can't, they don't have the manpower.

another hilarious tidbit - right where the precinct is at Times Square - tourists & college students hop ALL the damn time, it's not even funny.

I'm not black or Hispanic, so I have no dog in this fight, but it sounds like you straight up you have a problem with them.

youre spot on about the exit gates being used that way. On canal street I saw it all the time going to jeet kune do.

however, I would see jumping turnstiles daily, and it was NEVER a white person.

youre spot on about the exit gates being used that way. On canal street I saw it all the time going to jeet kune do.

however, I would see jumping turnstiles daily, and it was NEVER a white person.

try riding the 7 train from Flushing to Grand Central for 10+yrs & get back to me.

Lol I feel your pain, this was my commute.

hop on the 456 on 96th and lex. Take that to grand central. Purple 7 shuttle from GCS to penn station. From Penn station hop on the path to New Jersey. Get off path and take a bus to summit New Jersey, get of buds, and then walk across a highway to work.

same thing on way home but go to canal st for class.

I lived underground it felt like. Are and drank a lot underground as well. A mole person

look at all these non whites.

Lol I feel your pain, this was my commute.

hop on the 456 on 96th and lex. Take that to grand central. Purple 7 shuttle from GCS to penn station. From Penn station hop on the path to New Jersey. Get off path and take a bus to summit New Jersey, get of buds, and then walk across a highway to work.

same thing on way home but go to canal st for class.

I lived underground it felt like. Are and drank a lot underground as well. A mole person

Fuck that! Path at least smells better than a regular subway car

How much longer until the subway is seen as a utility? Don't sell tickets, just tax the businesses and residents of the city.

Back