Muay Thai shadowboxing

Sometimes bodybuilding helps to stablise joints and a bit helps with cartilage problems, but if bodybuilding is done slowly and properly, with gradually increased weights etc. Not much proof about this but for some guys it helps.
Also you then are a bit larger and look more dangerous.
& also if you are comfortable with high workload each day, after you retire, still some workout is needed and Bodybuilding provides workload. Not likely that after retirement you will use gym like when you were active fighter.
There not rarerly athlete if was 62 kg walking around when competed, later he gets some kg fat when workload reduced, but with bodybuilding there muscle mass is added and fat consumed to provide energy.

Makes a lot of sense, thanks! Still, after "retiring" from fighting I'm probably going to find something else to compete at. Maybe Jiu Jitsu (I'm a blue belt), or powerlifting, I'm not sure

Sometimes bodybuilding helps to stablise joints and a bit helps with cartilage problems, but if bodybuilding is done slowly and properly, with gradually increased weights etc. Not much proof about this but for some guys it helps.
Also you then are a bit larger and look more dangerous.
& also if you are comfortable with high workload each day, after you retire, still some workout is needed and Bodybuilding provides workload. Not likely that after retirement you will use gym like when you were active fighter.
There not rarerly athlete if was 62 kg walking around when competed, later he gets some kg fat when workload reduced, but with bodybuilding there muscle mass is added and fat consumed to provide energy.

Back