Muay Thai shadowboxing

Lucas Coradini

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Hi, folks. So this is a short clip getting back to work after some months of battling the worst psoriasis crisis of my life (soles of the feet). I'm now two weeks back in the game, training everyday. I plan to get inside the ring by May.

Hi, folks. So this is a short clip getting back to work after some months of battling the worst psoriasis crisis of my life (soles of the feet). I'm now two weeks back in the game, training everyday. I plan to get inside the ring by May.

looking fast and sharp dude. I know most people use shadow boxing as either a light warm up, or light cool down, or maybe on a light days training, but if you shadow box with 100 percent intensity, its extremley tiring. I did this for conditioning for my fights. I think april is doable as long as you havent been off too long.

looking fast and sharp dude. I know most people use shadow boxing as either a light warm up, or light cool down, or maybe on a light days training, but if you shadow box with 100 percent intensity, its extremley tiring. I did this for conditioning for my fights. I think april is doable as long as you havent been off too long.

Hey, man! Thanks! I'm doing my shadowboxing routine after skipping (which is after running). It goes for 15 min (with casual breaks to water or shaking off). I always start focusing on technique/form, and as it goes I start to treat it more like a fight, trying to string combos, evasion, blocks and everything else.

I think April is too soon, unfortunately. I was off since September

I'm also trying to develop a more evasive and technical style, muay fimeu type. You know, ain't getting any younger and I tend to brawl to much in my fights, want to save some brain cells for later on

Hey, man! Thanks! I'm doing my shadowboxing routine after skipping (which is after running). It goes for 15 min (with casual breaks to water or shaking off). I always start focusing on technique/form, and as it goes I start to treat it more like a fight, trying to string combos, evasion, blocks and everything else.

I'm also trying to develop a more evasive and technical style, muay fimeu type. You know, ain't getting any younger and I tend to brawl to much in my fights, want to save some brain cells for later on

I think the trick to femur style is being able to remain calm during the entire fight, and have fun and treat it like play sparring, easier said than done of course.

a few more conditioning tips I used to do.

5 three minute rounds of jump roping with 1 minute rests in between, but instead of resting, do squats. I usually did about 30, totaling 150 at the end of the circuit.

Jump Rope 30 minutes straight, every 1:30, do a 30 second sprint of high knees.

Even with all your aches and pains, you've still got the sharpest Muay Thai of any sherdogger that I know of.

Routine for my two fighters that might help you. Altered so that you can do it without relying on someone else

5 rounds of skipping (3 minutes per round) each rest you're stretching gently. Once that is done, move on to some more intense stretching and leg conditioning (I personally like karate and ballet conditioning exercises of holding the leg in chambered and kicking positions).

Balance exercises, start with a kick, then punch and check (you don't put your foot down at all during this movement) then start again. Do it in shadow tons and then do it on the bag so you can do it with resistance.

I like 5 rounds on the bags, you probably already have a good bag routine, but since you're going for a more technical style, the one thing that is an absolute must is finish sessions regularly with teeps until failure. If you don't have them there then the style won't work.

You're looking great! See no reason you couldn't fight so long as you're feeling good in sparring!

Even with all your aches and pains, you've still got the sharpest Muay Thai of any sherdogger that I know of.

That is a hell of a compliment, thank you! I owe a great deal of whatever skill I possess to these forums.

About the balance exercise you suggested, I think I do something along these lines on the bag. I'll try get a video to confirm if I'm understanding.

As of now routine is
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am
5min of a light joint warmup
15min shadowboxing
15min bagwork
4 rounds 5minx1min padwork
150 teeps
150 knees
100 kicks

Everyday (Monday to Friday)
6h30pm
30min running (120-150bpm)
15min skipping
15min shadow
4 rounds 5minx1min bagwork or light sparring (alternates daily)
Then I got to hold pads for a student who will fight in April (4 rounds 5minx1min)
Abs, push-ups, pull-ups and neck curls/extensions

padwork is done Tuesdays and Thursdays after I hold pads, before calisthenics

Saturdays
30min run
15min shadowboxing
5 rounds of sparring

That is a hell of a compliment, thank you! I owe a great deal of whatever skill I possess to these forums.

About the balance exercise you suggested, I think I do something along these lines on the bag. I'll try get a video to confirm if I'm understanding.

As of now routine is
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am
5min of a light joint warmup
15min shadowboxing
15min bagwork
4 rounds 5minx1min padwork
150 teeps
150 knees
100 kicks

Everyday (Monday to Friday)
6h30pm
30min running (120-150bpm)
15min skipping
15min shadow
4 rounds 5minx1min bagwork or light sparring (alternates daily)
Then I got to hold pads for a student who will fight in April (4 rounds 5minx1min)
Abs, push-ups, pull-ups and neck curls/extensions

padwork is done Tuesdays and Thursdays after I hold pads, before calisthenics

Saturdays
30min run
15min shadowboxing
5 rounds of sparring

I stole the balance drill from samart payakaroon teaching Sylvie from 8limbs.

I like your routine! I'd suggest even more teeps if you can manage it though!

Damn some of you Brazilians just got that explosive genetics. Reminds me a little of Jose Aldo

I stole the balance drill from samart payakaroon teaching Sylvie from 8limbs.

I like your routine! I'd suggest even more teeps if you can manage it though!

I'll do some digging. At first I pictured something similar to what I saw Nansaknoi teaching: kick, block, hold it then Teep, all without letting the foot come down.

I'll try to amp up the teeping. Also, as of now I'm doing aerobic base building. When I have a fight coming up I'll switch to cycles, like @Sinister advised me years ago (conditioning/technique/sparring) and I'll focus more on these kinds of drills during the technique weeks.

Damn some of you Brazilians just got that explosive genetics. Reminds me a little of Jose Aldo

The horrors (or wonders) of miscegenation haha

Also, Frode and Shin would kick my ass just by being man-sized <45>

1,66m
62kg (fight at 54)

Also, Frode and Shin would kick my ass just by being man-sized <45>

1,66m
62kg (fight at 54)
Nah they are both manlets too

bork1}

Seriously though, you're looking really good. Very sharp, and you've always been agile and very explosive. Seems like it's just a matter of putting it all together in the ring and controlling some of those talents a bit more. Do you have a good team behind you atm?

Seriously though, you're looking really good. Very sharp, and you've always been agile and very explosive. Seems like it's just a matter of putting it all together in the ring and controlling some of those talents a bit more. Do you have a good team behind you atm?

Thanks, man. And yes, I do. I would say "besides" fits the situation better than "behind". I've put together a team and while they instruct and train people under my guidance they also help me train. I also can count on people more experienced than me to take a look at things every now and again, hold pads, spar, etc

For the level I'm aiming to compete at I think it fits all demands. I'm 30 now, so I'm not aiming for the stars anymore. If something bigger happens, cool. If not, cool too. Soon enough I'll just focus on training people.

Looked just a bit, not bad.
BTW if you are 166cm and 62 kg, later when you didn't competed anymore, maybe it is worth to take bodybuilding, till some 67 kg...
I today advocate bodybuilding to everyone.

Back