Social MTG Comes Out as a "Christian Nationalist"

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
FYrjaeIWYAERrkD

Absolutely insane. This is why despite my issues with the Democrats, I could never, ever vote Republican. I really thought the entire bible thumping right was finally going away and all of the sudden, it's back in full force.

Can you imagine if Ilhan Omar came out and said that she was a Muslim Nationalist and that she wants America to be under a Muslim caliphate? Can you imagine the outrage? The Republicans would explode and be calling her for resignation, deportation, etc.

But good ol' MTG here thinks it's perfectly acceptable to enforce her beliefs on an entire country because it's what she believes.

I wish these religious fundamentalists just once could put the shoe on the other foot and understand what a terrible idea a theocracy is. Promote freedom OF and FROM religion. That's actually a great part of this country and one that should be celebrated more.

FYrjaeIWYAERrkD

Absolutely insane. This is why despite my issues with the Democrats, I could never, ever vote Republican. I really thought the entire bible thumping right was finally going away and all of the sudden, it's back in full force.

Can you imagine if Ilhan Omar came out and said that she was a Muslim Nationalist and that she wants America to be under a Muslim caliphate? Can you imagine the outrage? The Republicans would explode and be calling her for resignation, deportation, etc.

But good ol' MTG here thinks it's perfectly acceptable to enforce her beliefs on an entire country because it's what she believes.

I wish these religious fundamentalists just once could put the shoe on the other foot and understand what a terrible idea a theocracy is. Promote freedom OF and FROM religion. That's actually a great part of this country and one that should be celebrated more.

Excellent post that echoes many of my thoughts.

A freedom of religion law is completely garbage if there isn't an equally robust freedom from religion clause in place. Otherwise it's just a "freedom to impose your will on others" law.

The vast majority of Christians do not want a theocracy. We want to be able to worship God the way we always have and not be punished for doing so (the bible is now, somehow, hate speech).

We also want our beliefs respected and not to be forced to not only participate in other's delusions, but heap adulation on them for their wickedness and also encourage it in others.

That said, wolves in sheep's clothing have been prowling around the faithful since the beginning to suit their own ends. This seems to be no different.

And it will work because as a country we are most biblically and historically illiterate we have ever been.

It's a valid political identity that is about to become normalized in mainstream US politics, tons of Christian Nationalists on firearms forums and spaces I browse. The biggest problem I have with it aside from being a heathen is that these people don't actually respect the US Constitution despite claiming to hold it in the highest esteem, they aren't ok with live and let live or staying at least arm's length.

FYrjaeIWYAERrkD

Why is she raising her fists like she's about to fight someone?

Is she challenging someone from the Godless left?

Can we nominate Sharice Davids as her opponent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharice_Davids

people keep mocking me for saying so but i see these groups as an ever increasing threat and probably the most dangerous group in the whole country. i fear them more than any group and i think people are naive as hell not seeing the danger. we are in divisive times and everything that is going on is feeding the fire. with a government not truly interested in addressing most of the drivers for the division people are going to start turning to more and more extreme messages and solutions.

the whole country is a ticking time bomb right now i think.

people keep mocking me for saying so but i see these groups as an ever increasing threat and probably the most dangerous group in the whole country. i fear them more than any group and i think people are naive as hell not seeing the danger. we are in divisive times and everything that is going on is feeding the fire. with a government not truly interested in addressing most of the drivers for the division people are going to start turning to more and more extreme messages and solutions.

It's because they're still fringe where the levers of government power are concerned and it isn't reflective of their true numbers. They are however, in the federal door now and have plenty of headway to make significant gains. The potential for a lot of 'ordinary' Conservative Christians to see the movement as a lesser of evils is also pretty large.

It's because they're still fringe where the levers of government power are concerned and it isn't reflective of their true numbers. They are however, in the door now and have plenty of headway to make significant gains. The potential for a lot of 'ordinary' Conservative Christians to see the movement as a lesser of evils is also pretty large.

agreed. its not just the people who are dyed in the wool believers... its all of those who are or can become sympathetic to their ideas.... the worse things get in the country the more a naive magic solution will appear attractive. i think we are well on our way personally.

they would hate me more than you btw. too close for comfort and not enough room in the country for both types of us.

They would be a threat if they truly believe what they say. MTG would identify as a lizard if it got her more votes.

Instead of worrying about groups that can eventually become dangerous, why don't you worry about groups who are already violent. I'll leave it at that.
merlin_172983978_6626ace5-c580-4873-b494-24a4da5dac40-superJumbo.jpg

They would be a threat if they truly believe what they say. MTG would identify as a lizard if it got her more votes.

Instead of worrying about groups that can eventually become dangerous, why don't you worry about groups who are already violent. I'll leave it at that.
merlin_172983978_6626ace5-c580-4873-b494-24a4da5dac40-superJumbo.jpg

she may but it works because SO MANY people are sympathetic.

not sure who or what the pic represents but i can walk and chew gum at the same time and see whatever side this references as part of the fuel that is fomenting the kind of extremism this thread is pointing out.

agreed. its not just the people who are dyed in the wool believers... its all of those who are or can become sympathetic to their ideas.... the worse things get in the country the more a naive magic solution will appear attractive. i think we are well on our way personally.

they would hate me more than you btw. too close for comfort and not enough room in the country for both types of us.

@Herwald had this correct today.

FYosgBIWAAA-_nk

180 degree turn is the way.

Back