MT stength exercise specific question

yomon

Green Belt
Reaction score
i have seen a few people at my MT gym now doing bent over dumbell flys. Any particular reason for this? i noted that one aisian guy was doing sets of it in between going rounds with the heavy bag.

My first and only thought about this is that they value strengthening thier rear delts and uper backs. But it's not like thier going heavy with it, the max i've seen someone do it with was the 30LBer's

they could be doing this to keep balance between the rear delts and front delts/pecs, if you build up too much in the pecs/front delts your shoulders roll forward and you get rotator cuff problems.

Reakt said:
they could be doing this to keep balance between the rear delts and front delts/pecs, if you build up too much in the pecs/front delts your shoulders roll forward and you get rotator cuff problems.

Good observation. That's probably it.

thanx i never thought of that. Just may be whats going on here.

i believe that is called 'shoulder blade protraction" and yeah he might be trying to prevent it, or just get more done in less time by working opposing muscle groups.

I had some shoulder problems before mainly caused my muscle imbalances. Started doing some bent over flyes and the problem went away.

Back