MT kills my forearms, Why?

yomon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok so last night inbetween MT and Grapling i had an hour that i could do what ever with. So i decide to do some burpies and bear complex, but when i go to put the wieght plates on the bar for the complex i find that i have the grip of a 12 year old girl and can barly hold on to the 35lb plates with one hand.

this goes away after i get through burpies, but why the hell did MT kill my forearms so bad?

yomon said:
Ok so last night inbetween MT and Grapling i had an hour that i could do what ever with. So i decide to do some burpies and bear complex, but when i go to put the wieght plates on the bar for the complex i find that i have the grip of a 12 year old girl and can barly hold on to the 35lb plates with one hand.

this goes away after i get through burpies, but why the hell did MT kill my forearms so bad?
If you're doing what many suggest of tightening that grip upon impact, that may be enough as noy many of us do actual grip work. The gloevs hold some resistance which you just might not be accustomed to too.

have you considered that MT practice consists of slaming your fists into a bag over and over and over again, ant maybe (just maybe) that's going to fatique the body parts involved?

And perhaps you are blocking Thai kicks with your forearms ?

Urban said:
have you considered that MT practice consists of slaming your fists into a bag over and over and over again, ant maybe (just maybe) that's going to fatique the body parts involved?

+ Keeping your gaurd + holding pads + pushups

If you flex your fist hard and do alot of punches, it will kill your forearms.
Flexing your first hard will tense your forearm muscles. Punching will tense them even more.
So they're already very tense. Then you punch and it tenses some more.

So if you are flexing your first too much, that would explain it.

lol, well thanks for the confirmation guys. I already kinda figured that it was from punhcing all class, I just wanted to know in a little more detail of what was going on because i never really figured that the forearm would be hugly worked by MT.

anvar said:
You might be flexing your fists to much...just try to relax
you strike with a relaxed fist? like the fist still balled but relaxed? hmmmm....

i strike with flexed fists....how else do you think i'm typing right now.

However, alot of people starting out will be nervous and flex their fists for the entire punch.

Urban said:

No, that can't be it.

throwing hard semi-pronated hooks or overhands can strain the wrist flexors where they attach to the ulna, resulting in extreme tenderness to touch and soreness when exercised. at least thats what ive got.

Zeirhk said:
And perhaps you are blocking Thai kicks with your forearms ?
If that involves active blocking and not passive blocking then the guys lucky his forearms are still intact let alone sore.

Back