• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr.Putin points out US's and War Room's ridiculous hypocrisy

Stand for?

What can the US do to Russia, that it doesn't already do?
Convince many more countries to freeze his Magnitsky money, and generally rest on his oligarch's throats. There are lots and lots and lots of illicit Russian bank accounts.

Again, you'll need to agree or disagree with the proposition that just because a country does harm, that does not mean it should stand for being harmed in return. You aren't going to slip your way out of that, no matter how much angsty word salad you toss up.

I would actually stand with you that conquest and dominance trumps all. No pun intended.

America made it's moves, they won. So be it. WE both know this is you weaseling out however. You want to complain about the rest of the world while gloating about your own countries disgusting militaristic practices while simultaneously crying about a supposed slight you believe has happened with Putin. It's see-through like a hologram.

I get it, Fawlty and America good guys, no matter what. Fawlty and America no take shit. Cool opinion about the world, considering you guys screwed it all up ages ago.

Again, you'll need to agree or disagree with the proposition that just because a country does harm, that does not mean it should stand for being harmed in return. You aren't going to slip your way out of that, no matter how much angsty word salad you toss up.
Excuse my interjection, but I think you are avoiding Sketch's question: How are you guys being harmed?

Imagine you have to make the case before the United Nations that Russia is harming America. I would like to see your case.

Colin-Powell-makes-his-pr-007.jpg

Convince many more countries to freeze his Magnitsky money, and generally rest on his oligarch's throats. There are lots and lots and lots of illicit Russian bank accounts.

Even more American accounts in Swiss bank accounts etc.

That might work, if country's didn't go to war over energy, and the fact that Russia has a metric shit tonne of energy.

Russia has leverage.

That might work, if country's didn't go to war over energy, and the fact that Russia has a metric shit tonne of energy.

Russia has leverage.

He hates Russia, while his 'allies' prop them up through cold hard cash.

He says his country has caused "Great sins" That had "Profound impacts" yet refuses to speak about which ones.

I would actually stand with you that conquest and dominance trumps all. No pun intended.

America made it's moves, they won. So be it. WE both know this is you weaseling out however. You want to complain about the rest of the world while gloating about your own countries disgusting militaristic practices while simultaneously crying about a supposed slight you believe has happened with Putin. It's see-through like a hologram.

I get it, Fawlty and America good guys, no matter what. Fawlty and America no take shit. Cool opinion about the world, considering you guys screwed up ages go.
Except I don't gloat about my country's militaristic practices. I was completely against the Iraq War, I'm completely against our support for Saudi Arabian attacks on Yemen, I'm against destabilizing regimes and trying to take over the economies of old Soviet states, all of the neocon dream. The rise of ISIS required us to get involved and we did what we needed to. We smacked Assad a little for attacking his citizens with chemical weapons. Both good things and in my opinion necessary, but that's about all I can support as far as US military action. That goes back to WW2.

Very little that we've done has been righteous or whatever. I've felt that way forever. I don't need to weasel out of things that I believe. And I understand that it's hypocritical for us to complain when our actions come back to bite us, or when we are just outright attacked. Still doesn't mean we should accept it.

Excuse my interjection, but I think you are avoiding Sketch's question: How are you guys being harmed?

Imagine you have to make the case before the United Nations that Russia is harming America. I would like to see your case.

There is what you can prove, and what you know.

I think Trump is Russia's bitch, but not anymore then the last 5 president including Trump were Israel's bitch.

As a matter of fact, I would love to see a Israel and Russia scuffle break out, so Trump can show which foreign interest he is actually loyal to.

More bullshit. I couldn't even get him to stick to his original premise until a minute ago. Then he did, honestly as far as I can tell, and then I moved on to answering his additional questions. Patience, pet.

What hypocrisy? Putting our nation's interests first means that we interfere with them but we try to stop them from interfering with us.

The issue isn't that Putin/Russia tried to interfere with our elections. The issue is that Americans supported it and defended it.

The only hypocrisy is when anyone who claims patriotism and championing our country decides that they're fine with it. We might interfere in other people's elections but they don't turn around and say "We're glad that America is screwing with our country to advance America's interests." They have more self-respect than that.

Yet millions of Americans are doing exactly that here. They're championing Russia's interests over the interests of the United States. It doesn't matter how anyone feels about HRC. Americans should have an interest in preserving the sanctity of our internal democracy that supersedes foreign influence. They should never be willing to throw our elections under the bus for a foreign power.

Except I don't gloat about my country's militaristic practices. I was completely against the Iraq War, I'm completely against our support for Saudi Arabian attacks on Yemen, I'm against destabilizing regimes and trying to take over the economies of old Soviet states, all of the neocon dream. The rise of ISIS required us to get involved and we did what we needed to. We smacked Assad a little for attacking his citizens with chemical weapons. Both good things and in my opinion necessary, but that's about all I can support as far as US military action. That goes back to WW2.

Very little that we've done has been righteous or whatever. I've felt that way forever. I don't need to weasel out of things that I believe. And I understand that it's hypocritical for us to complain when our actions come back to bite us, or when we are just outright attacked. Still doesn't mean we should accept it.

This is a good post. I agree with you.

You are American and you support American interests. Why wouldn't you?

What gets me going is the holier than though attitudes I see here on a regular basis. I get it, this a predominately North American website. But to act like we on the West are the good guys is slightly ridiculous right?

Also, why is it bad to support your people and host nation? You as an American have no reason to allow your country to be ridiculed or taken for a ride. If you feel that as an American that is your definitive stance I won't stop you.

There is what you can prove, and what you know.

I think Trump is Russia's bitch, but not anymore then the last 5 president including Trump were Israel's bitch.

As a matter of fact, I would love to see a Israel and Russia scuffle break out, so Trump can show which foreign interest he is actually loyal to.
Syria?

What hypocrisy? Putting our nation's interests first means that we interfere with them but we try to stop them from interfering with us.

The issue isn't that Putin/Russia tried to interfere with our elections. The issue is that Americans supported it and defended it.

The only hypocrisy is when anyone who claims patriotism and championing our country decides that they're fine with it. We might interfere in other people's elections but they don't turn around and say "We're glad that America is screwing with our country to advance America's interests." They have more self-respect than that.

Yet millions of Americans are doing exactly that here. They're championing Russia's interests over the interests of the United States. It doesn't matter how anyone feels about HRC. Americans should have an interest in preserving the sanctity of our internal democracy that supersedes foreign influence. They should never be willing to throw our elections under the bus for a foreign power.

Let's be honest, those other nations do not get a say. They are powerless against you. What the hell are you talking about when it comes to self respect?

Russia shit posted on Facebook and hacked the DNC. Did they do anything else?

While it would have been cool if the RNC was hacked as well, at least we found out the Democratic Party destroyed all semblance of democracy and colluded with the media and clinton campaign to steal, outright steal the election from Bernie sanders. That's gotta be illegal somehow. I mean, what's the point of our system once it's been proven the democrats can just rob citizens of their right to a fair vote?

Shit and then the hacks proved that Hillary was given the debate questions before hand so she could prep. The debates are a huge part of our process. Now we can never trust them again. I mean the cheating was never denied and the media told people not to care.

Are you telling me it was wrong of us Americans to want to know that truth? How shifty it is to have to get the truth from outside sources but truth is still truth.

All Americans should be happy the truth came out.

Aren't you?

I am curious to see what an election would look like with glass ballot boxes in the public square with subsequent counting in the public square and everyone free to video record the entire proceedings. But I don't think that my idea will gain any traction among the most vociferous election manipulation conspiracy theorists. Is my idea a good one to you?

Let's be honest, those other nations do not get a say. They are powerless against you. What the hell are you talking about when it comes to self respect?

They don't applaud us doing it.

I am curious to see what an election would look like with glass ballot boxes in the public square with subsequent counting in the public square and everyone free to video record the entire proceedings. But I don't think that my idea will gain any traction among the most vociferous election manipulation conspiracy theorists. Is my idea a good one to you?

Nope.

Haha, that would be a nightmare. Results wouldn't be certified until the following mid-term.

It's good that you're mulling it over, though.

The United States dropped an atomic bomb on another country. Therefore, the United States doesn't have the right to disapprove of other countries dropping atomic bombs on it. They should say, "well, let's not be hypocrites," grab their ankles, and let that other country bomb with impunity. We also invaded sovereign countries, so we should allow countries to invade us. And these are the same morons who claim that they're patriots and have no problem being hypocritical in just about any other way and relying on the default of "if the US can do it, it's okay because no one will step up to us" when posters like myself point out what a piece of shit we are on the international stage.

Anyways, it's hilarious that moron conservatives are now using the US's foreign election meddling, which has been carried out primarily by GOP administrations and opposed regularly by the far left, to downplay other countries meddling in our elections to elect GOP leaders.

It's almost as if right-wingers have no principle or shame.

Hey, I bet these guys were nodding their heads after 9/11 and saying "well, we killed some civilians in the middle East.....sooo it's all good. We're even!"

No, but there is something called blowback. If you go around punching people in the face for no reason then don't be shocked when you've normalized that behavior and don't act appalled when you get punched back. Thats not in defense of anybody who attacks us, but the pearl clutching when somebody has the audacity to commit one of our pet atrocities against us, or somebody else, without any self reflection or efforts to change for the better, is incredibly frustrating to watch/ listen to.

And maybe Russia had something to do with the election (I put the chances that their interference was significant at about 1%), it doesn't change what has happened in this country over the last 20-30 years to get us to such an election. In other words: the Russia story is a massive distraction.

Back