Movies most people hate but you liked

I like every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie except TMNT.

Oh another I thought of was Paranormal Activity.

I think it's one of the best horror movies to come out in the past 10 years. The sequels were pretty bad but I love when a movie can effectively let your imagine run wild with what you can't see and I thought the first one did an excellent job of that. Same reason I love The Blair Witch Project which is another divisive movie.
I thought the last 15 minutes of part 3 where the dad is filming with the witch seance and hiding from the demon running through the house was some of the best horror I’ve ever seen. Chilling.

Lots of good ones so far.....
John Carter, Con Air, Judge Dredd, The Musketeer, No Escape, Daredevil, Waterworld, The Postman, Johnny Mnemonic, Constantine, Equilibrium....evidently me and my sherbros like action flicks.
I'll add Beastmaster from the 80's.

Phantom Menace

I actually think it is the best of the prequels and set a good tone for the new trilogy. Jar Jar sucked ass, though.

Man of Steel.

Easily one of the best comic book movies with one of the best villains.

51PsDj4Q0SL._SY445_.jpg

Difficult to defend, but this is one of my favorite Chris Farley movies

Not a specific movie, but an actor, Nicolas Cage. People are now liking him ironically but I've always thought he was a good actor that was often time misused or he just taking roles he otherwise wouldn't do because of financial problems.

Way of the Gun and 8mm are two of my favorite movies but they get almost zero praise.

There's also all this recent backlash against the original mortal kombat now for some reason, and I refuse to jump on the bandwagon. That movie was a hoot.

Idk if hated, but never ear about these being listed as "great movies"
220px-The_quest.jpg
220px-Ten_thousand_b_c.jpg
220px-Conan_the_Barbarian_%282011_film%29.jpg
220px-AKnightsTale.jpg
SolomonKANEposter.jpg
Alatriste_2006film_poster.jpg

Did'nt knew these were hated, i liked both

That movie was greatness
The beginning of Solomon Kane was absolutely fucking badass. I was like..folks we have a franchise on our hands....then....it just fell apart.

Way of the Gun and 8mm are two of my favorite movies but they get almost zero praise.

There's also all this recent backlash against the original mortal kombat now for some reason, and I refuse to jump on the bandwagon. That movie was a hoot.
i watched the original MK just recently, after i had watched the new version. i liked both, the new one seems to be more hated tho

As above posters have mentioned:
Alien 3
King Arthur
Ghostbusters

I'll add:
Predators
John Carter
13th Warrior
Blade Runner 2049
Valerian
who the hell hated br 2049, it was one of the more popular films that year iirc

I remember seeing Vanilla Sky with my wife at the time and as we walked out, so many people were saying "that movie sucked!" and we were surprised since we loved it. I don't think it was as hated overall but maybe people thought it would be a more typical Cameron Crowe film.
i liked that as well. didnt know it was hated but around that time ppl really started hating tom cruise lol. now hes more respected

I love Escape from LA (Way more than Escape from New York) and Johnny Mnemonic

Agree with Alien 3. For me it's the second best film in the franchise behind OG Alien and definitely the one I've watched the most. Alien Resurrection is fine too. tbh Aliens is the only one I don't like

Wishmaster is one of my favourite ever horror franchises
unpopular opinions for sure

Back