Movies I Haven't Seen But Gonna See Now! Movie #38 - The Warriors

I always felt it was a bit ironic that Busey working with Lynch(who typically had guys like Hopper and Defoe go wall to wall) on Lost Highway actually delivered one of his most down to earth performances.

Yeah it's easy to picture him in a role like Hopper in Blue Velvet but that was much more Farnsworth in the Straight Story.

Yeah it's easy to picture him in a role like Hopper in Blue Velvet but that was much more Farnsworth in the Straight Story.

Although I think there is something to be said that actors who people remember for larger than life performances(Hopper, Defoe, Oldman, etc) part of it is actually they have range, just being over the top the entire time doesnt make as much impact as shifting between that and more subtle.

Although I think there is something to be said that actors who people remember for larger than life performances(Hopper, Defoe, Oldman, etc) part of it is actually they have range, just being over the top the entire time doesnt make as much impact as shifting between that and more subtle.

No argument here. Guys like Nicholson have their About Schmidts and Robin Williams their Awakenings.

gary busey was also good in predator 2

Qsuk.gif

XUdAfTA.gif

I also haven’t seen point break. I need to get on it.
I’ve been going through a nostalgia phase and last night I watched Escape from New York. Not as good as I remember but still had a great vibe to it, killer soundtrack.

I'm not even mad at him for Dracula. That had to be the strangest, worst and most bizarre casting choice in cinema history.

I think its moreso Coppola didnt have a good idea of what he was after with that film or at least intended to make one with a very inconsistent tone, parts of it take themselves relatively seriously playing up grand fantasy romances but a lot of it is very cartoonish and Reeves playing a wooden english fop fits in with that well enough for me.

This isnt serious horror its trying to be fun and over the top.

Last edited:
I think its moreso Coppola didnt have a good idea of what he was after with that film or at least intended to make one with a very inconsistent tone, parts of it take themselves relatively seriously playing up grand fantasy romances but a lot of it is very cartoonish and Reeves playing a wooden english fop fits in with that well enough for me.

This isnt serious horror its trying to be fun and over the top.

Whatever it was it sucks. Dracula is one of my favorite novels and it still hasn't gotten a decent movie that has captured the tone and mood of it.

Whatever it was it sucks. Dracula is one of my favorite novels and it still hasn't gotten a decent movie that has captured the tone and mood of it.

It did feel a bit strange that so much of the promotion and the name suggested this would be more of a serious Dracula when really it wasnt.

I can't say I think its a great film but for what it is I do think its enjoyable in places and looks good, I probably watch it more than anything else he's(Coppola that is not Reeves) done after the early 80's.

If you like Point Break then you will like The Fast and The Furious.

When I was a kid but don't recall much so.....

tenor.gif

But it's not next. I think I'm gonna watch The Shining next. Saw that as a kid too but since I'm a bigger kid now, I gots to see it.
Book is way better.

Book is way better.

The movie is amazing. The book is good. I've seen the movie probably 30 times. Read the book a few. I think three. I like Stephen King stories and The Shining is up at the top. That said, fuck Stephen King for whining about this movie. He should be ecstatic that his work inspired such a masterpiece.

The movie is amazing. The book is good. I've seen the movie probably 30 times. Read the book a few. I think three. I like Stephen King stories and The Shining is up at the top. That said, fuck Stephen King for whining about this movie. He should be ecstatic that his work inspired such a masterpiece.
For me, movie was only ok. I couldnt put the book down when i read it, and watched the movie after, my imagination was better.

If you like Point Break then you will like The Fast and The Furious.
FF fucking sucks. First movie is passable, everything after is incomprehensibly terrible. Like the car outrunning a missile. Fuck the fuck off. Even tomahawk missiles which are very slightly subsonic would be too fast to react to really. I could handle it if at least one character did a bruce willis, did that just happen? To acknowledge it's preposterous

For me, movie was only ok. I couldnt put the book down when i read it, and watched the movie after, my imagination was better.

Did you see the tv miniseries? Followed the book much closer.

The book is definitely an easy, entertaining read. Like a lot of King's work.

Back