Movies about hip hop and rap industry?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A new one came out called immortal city records and its actually really good.

Popular ones are all eyes on me, 8 mile and straight outta Compton.

But I noticed there are really good ones that are not as popular like hustle and flow. Let me know your favorite movie about the hip hop and rap industry. Some of the gems were tv movies or straight to DVD.

31d48486-d9de-4e1e-b09a-4bf12d37c6bb_text.gif

Krush Groove and Wild Style came out in the early 80's when the hip hop/B-Boy movement was still raw and fresh in the streets, when it was still unsullied by Hollywood execs and success

Krush Groove

Wild Style

Not about the industry really but Bodied is a pretty good rap battle movie if you can get past the dorkiness of the main character. Eminem produced it.

There is a really good one about Biz Markie that came out this year.

All Up In The Biz

Screenshot_20231103_155023_Google.jpg

It appears to currently be up on Paramount+ and Showtime.
I saw it free on Plex, so that may be an option if people don't have paramount+.

I genuinely think anyone who is into old school hip hop or even open to learning about it would enjoy it.

------

Didn't see it mentioned but it should be:

"Get Rich Or Die Tryin"

Patti Cake$ was a pretty good movie. The trailers make it seem more glamorous than it was. It is like a rawer version of 9 Mile.

Under no circumstances are you to perform the song Sweat From My Balls.

I love how everyone just posts movies with rappers in them. The USA show about tupacs murder with Russle Poole was pretty good. The Defiant Ones is a good documentary about Dre and Jimmie Iovine. The Biggie movie Notorious wasnt bad, too bad you cant say the same thing about that pretty terrible tupac movie from like 2017. 50 Cents Movie Get Rich or Die Trying is also pretty ok. Good music in it and alot like Hustle and flow. Rockstar with marky mark is good movie about the rock industry.

As someone who worked in the Rap industry as a recording engineer, it isnt as fun as they make it look. Half these dudes dont even know what they are doing anymore, Unlike Pac who could one take songs in a row.

I love how everyone just posts movies with rappers in them. The USA show about tupacs murder with Russle Poole was pretty good. The Defiant Ones is a good documentary about Dre and Jimmie Iovine. The Biggie movie Notorious wasnt bad, too bad you cant say the same thing about that pretty terrible tupac movie from like 2017. 50 Cents Movie Get Rich or Die Trying is also pretty ok. Good music in it and alot like Hustle and flow. Rockstar with marky mark is good movie about the rock industry.

As someone who worked in the Rap industry as a recording engineer, it isnt as fun as they make it look. Half these dudes dont even know what they are doing anymore, Unlike Pac who could one take songs in a row.

Not just movies with rappers, some are just posting movies with black people in them.

That Roxanne Shante movie on netflix.

Back