Movies Movie News and Notes

SHAZAM: FURY OF THE GODS Director David F. Sandberg Shares First Official Look at the New Costumes

E4aEWCWWQAMa2EP

I saw this and I see where they got the idea for Captain America elevator scene with a lot less blood. Heck even Samuel Jackson co-stared in this Die Hard movie. lol

TRANSFORMERS 7 Will Be Titled RISE OF THE BEASTS; Will Introduce Maximals, Predacons and Terrorcons; Scourge to Be the Main Villain; More Details Revealed

E4giITGVgAEq6GE

During a production kickoff event that yours truly was able to attend today, director Steven Caple Jr. officially revealed that his upcoming Transformers sequel will officially be titled Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, and, as rumored, will finally introduce Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons to the billion-dollar franchise.

Caple also revealed that the film will take place in 1994, so it won't overlap with the previous six installments, and will primarily be set in New York City - specifically Brooklyn. The action will also take the robots in disguise to Machu Picchu in Peru.

Optimus Prime will be the lead robot hero of the film, this time sporting an absolutely awesome G1 design, and Peter Cullen will be back to provide his voice. This film will serve as an origin story of sorts for the character as it explores his first true adventure on Earth and see him become the legendary leader we know and love.

Bumblebee will also be back, with a new vehicle design that's an off-road Camaro variant of his usual look. It picks up several years after the events of his solo film, but the ending of that film will directly feed into the beginning of this one.

The roster also features Mirage, who transforms into a Porsche 911, and a pair of new female characters in Arcee, who transforms into a Ducati 916, and the Terrorcon Nightbird, who has switched allegiances and transforms into a black-and-purple Nissan GTR.

Scourge will be the main villain of the piece, a massive orange-and-black Decepticon who takes the symbols from his victims and fuses them onto his body as trophies.

As for the titualr Beasts, we saw concept art for Airazor (falcon), Rhinox (rhinoceros), and Optimus Primal (gorilla) - all of whom will have a key role to play. More will be revealed in the coming months.

Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback will be the human leads of the film. Ramos is playing an ex-military character named Noah who is always hustling and is a bit of a tech wiz while Fishback is playing Elena, a museum researcher.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts is set to open in theaters on June 24, 2022.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tran...ls-predacons-and-terrorcons-a185862#gs.404y2s

Teaser Trailer for Western Action Pic THE HARDER THEY FALL Starring Idris Elba and Jonathan Majors

When outlaw Nat Love (Jonathan Majors) discovers that his enemy Rufus Buck (Idris Elba) is being released from prison he rounds up his gang to track Rufus down and seek revenge. Those riding with him in this assured, righteously new school Western include his former love Stagecoach Mary (Zazie Beetz), his right and left hand men — hot-tempered Bill Pickett (Edi Gathegi) and fast drawing Jim Beckwourth (R.J. Cyler)—and a surprising adversary-turned-ally. Rufus Buck has his own fearsome crew, including “Treacherous” Trudy Smith (Regina King) and Cherokee Bill (LaKeith Stanfield), and they are not a group that knows how to lose.

I didn't watch the previous Halloween, is it decent? I mean in comparison to most of the Halloween movies after the 2nd original one?

Got to admit, that trailer makes it look pretty good, but by now everyone knows trailers can be very deceptively edited.

And I can't recall any horror series with a 10th entry bringing anything new to the table or being anywhere close to being good.

I didn't watch the previous Halloween, is it decent? I mean in comparison to most of the Halloween movies after the 2nd original one?

Got to admit, that trailer makes it look pretty good, but by now everyone knows trailers can be very deceptively edited.

And I can't recall any horror series with a 10th entry bringing anything new to the table or being anywhere close to being good.
Its not bad at all, I liked it alot after the first watch but the flaws stood out after a couple more watches. They pretty much erased everything and made the 2018 film a sequel to the original.

The Myers, mask and music were on point but forced humor and a very dumb swift story swerve with the new Dr almost ruined the movie. Its not as bad as the previous movies but could have been much better.

First Trailer for The Sopranos Prequel THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK

The Many Saints Of Newark is the feature film prequel to David Chase's groundbreaking award-winning HBO drama series "The Sopranos." Follow young Anthony "Tony" Soprano as he grows up in one of the most tumultuous eras in Newark’s history, becoming a man just as rival gangsters begin to rise up and challenge the all-powerful DiMeo crime family’s hold over the increasingly race-torn city. The Many Saints of Newark will be available on October 1 in theaters and on HBO Max, streaming only on the Ad-Free plan in the US for 31 days from its theatrical release.

First Trailer for The Sopranos Prequel THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK

The Many Saints Of Newark is the feature film prequel to David Chase's groundbreaking award-winning HBO drama series "The Sopranos." Follow young Anthony "Tony" Soprano as he grows up in one of the most tumultuous eras in Newark’s history, becoming a man just as rival gangsters begin to rise up and challenge the all-powerful DiMeo crime family’s hold over the increasingly race-torn city. The Many Saints of Newark will be available on October 1 in theaters and on HBO Max, streaming only on the Ad-Free plan in the US for 31 days from its theatrical release.

Just came in to post this.

Looks good. Excited to finally get a fleshed out story of Christopher's father.

Trailer for DON'T BREATHE 2 Starring Old Man Logan; In Theaters August 23

Back