Movies Movie News and Notes

Official Trailer for Tom Clancy's WITHOUT REMORSE; Premieres April 30 on Prime Video

The film tells the origin story of John Kelly (aka John Clark), a U.S. Navy SEAL, who uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife by Russian soldiers. When Kelly joins forces with fellow SEAL Karen Greer and shadowy CIA agent Robert Ritter, the mission unwittingly exposes a covert plot that threatens to engulf the U.S. and Russia in an all-out war. Streaming on Amazon Prime Video on April 30th.

Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer are Superheroes in THUNDER FORCE Trailer

In a world where supervillains are commonplace, two estranged childhood best friends reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city. On Netflix on April 9th.

In a world where supervillains are commonplace, two estranged childhood best friends reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city. On Netflix on April 9th.

Please don't give this film it's own thread. I can only imagine the hundreds and thousands of complaints.

I'll watch with fairly low expectations.

First Official Images from THE ADAM PROJECT Starring Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo

EvljP6zXIAEmZYJ

EvljP79XIAQsuw7

EvljP62XAAM1WQr

EvljP62XcAIvuCK

First Official Images from THE ADAM PROJECT Starring Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo

EvljP6zXIAEmZYJ

EvljP79XIAQsuw7

EvljP62XAAM1WQr

EvljP62XcAIvuCK

Finally, more Ryan Reynolds. Can't wait to let myself get lost in his chocolate eyes.

Sidenote: I may or may not have a teeny weeny mancrush on RR.

New STAR TREK Movie in the Works from Star Trek Discovery Writer Kalinda Vasquez

New-Star-Trek-Logo-Wallpaper.png

Kalinda Vasquez has been set by Paramount Pictures to write a Star Trek movie. JJ Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing. Vazquez has written on Star Trek: Discovery, and insiders said this is a blind deal for an original movie that she hatched, one that expands her role in the Trek Universe.

Vazquez was a co-executive producer on Fear the Walking Dead. She also got her name from the original Star Trek series, after a character from the second-season episode “By Any Other Name.” In the 1968 episode, the character’s name was Kelinda.

Vazquez just made a splash in teaming with Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin on an HBO series adaptation of the Roger Zelazny sci-fi novel Roadmarks. Vazquez’s TV credits include Marvel’s Runaways, Once Upon a Time, Nikita, Human Target and Prison Break, and she recently adapted Barrier, based on a Brian K. Vaughan graphic novel, for Legendary Television.

The most recent big-screen voyage of the Starship Enterprise came in 2016’s Star Trek Beyond. There have been several attempts at mounting another movie, including one by The Revenant‘s Mark L. Smith that Quentin Tarantino and Abrams hatched, and another ]by Fargo‘s Noah Hawley. Both of those cooled: Tarantino stepped out of the first project, and Hawley told Deadline last year that Paramount wanted to go another way with the franchise and pushed pause on his film.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/star-trek-movie-kalinda-vazquez-jj-abrams-paramount-1234706899/

Natalie Portman missed leg day.

Wrong Turn 2021. I think it's supposed to be a reboot

I've watched an hour or so of it so far

I like that it takes place in Chicago. Most super hero films take place in New York. It's a nice change of pace.

I think this is by far the creepiest killer clown I've seen in a movie

Just finished watching Boss Level on Hulu, very fun movie, towards the end the action tapers off for story purposes but it still good. Frank Grillo was top notch, this wouldve been a fun summer movie to catch in the theater, especially the opening 30ish minutes. Also some legit laugh out loud moments in this.

Michael B. Jordan to Direct and Star in CREED III with a November 23, 2022 Release Date

Michael B. Jordan has officially closed a deal to make his directorial debut with Creed III, MGM announced Wednesday. The company said the actor will not only return to reprise his role as the embattled boxer for the third installment of the rebooted Rocky series but will also produce on top of directing.

MGM also set a release date of Nov. 23, 2022.

Tessa Thompson and Phylicia Rashad are expected to reprise their roles for the new movie that is being written by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin based on an outline by Ryan Coogler.

"Directing has always been an aspiration, but the timing had to be right," said Jordan in a statement. "Creed III is that moment — a time in my life where I've grown more sure of who I am, holding agency in my own story, maturing personally, growing professionally, and learning from the Greats like Ryan Coogler, most recently Denzel Washington, and other top tier directors I respect. All of which sets the table for this moment."

Jordan continued, "This franchise and in particular the themes of Creed III are deeply personal to me. I look forward to sharing the next chapter of Adonis Creed's story with the awesome responsibility of being its director and namesake."

Coogler and Stephen Caple Jr. directed the previous two movies, which punched their way to almost $400 million at the worldwide box office.

Jordan's move behind the camera had been rumored for months, and Thompson even spilled the beans late last year in an interview, although MGM had no comment at the time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-b-jordan-directed-creed-iii-sets-release-date

Official Trailer for Lin-Manue Miranda's Musical Drama IN THE HEIGHTS

Lights up on the vibrant and tight-knit community of Washington Heights... where the streets are made of music and little dreams become big. From Lin-Manuel Miranda and director Jon M. Chu, In the Heights stars Anthony Ramos, Corey Hawkins, Leslie Grace, Melissa Barrera, Olga Merediz, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Gregory Diaz IV, Stephanie Beatriz, Dascha Polanco, and Jimmy Smits. Turn up the volume. This summer, we’ll be singing along with #InTheHeightsMovie. In theaters and streaming exclusively on HBO Max June 18.

Just finished watching Boss Level on Hulu, very fun movie, towards the end the action tapers off for story purposes but it still good. Frank Grillo was top notch, this wouldve been a fun summer movie to catch in the theater, especially the opening 30ish minutes. Also some legit laugh out loud moments in this.

Thats one of the only movies I've added to my queues lately. Looks pretty entertaining.

Keanu Reeves to Star in BRZRKR Live-Action Film and Anime Series at Netflix Based on His Comic Books

keanu-reeves-and-BRZRKR-Book-Cover-1-Split-H-2021-1616433459-compressed.jpg

Keanu Reeves’ comic, BRZRKR, is getting the full Netflix treatment. The streamer has picked up the screen rights to the Boom! Studios-published comic, whose first issue hit shelves only two weeks ago, and is developing it as a feature adaptation as well as an anime spinoff.

Reeves will star in both projects as well as produce. Also producing are Ross Richie and Stephen Christy for BOOM! Studios along with Stephen Hamel of Company Films.

Per Netflix and Boom!, BRZRKR is a “brutally epic saga about an immortal warrior’s 80,000 year fight through the ages. The man known only as “B" is half-mortal and half-god, cursed and compelled to violence… even at the sacrifice of his sanity. But after wandering the earth for centuries, B may have finally found a refuge – working for the U.S. government to fight the battles too violent and too dangerous for anyone else. In exchange, B will be granted the one thing he desires – the truth about his endless blood-soaked existence…and how to end it."

The feature will adapt the comic, which is intended to run for 12 issues, while the anime will explore different elements of the BRZRKR universe.

Reeves created the concept and the story, working with Eisner-nominated comics author Matt Kindt, who has previously written titles for Marvel, DC, and Valiant and who was behind the creator-owned comic Mind MGMT. Ron Garney did the art.

The comic generated a lot of interest before its March 3 launch and according to Boom!, has sold over 615,000 copies, a whopper of a number for an indie publisher.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...zrkr-to-become-movie-anime-series-for-netflix

nothing has caught my interest as of late

good thing Black Widow will be out soon

John Wick's Chad Stahelski to Direct Sony's GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Live-Action Adaptation

ghost-of-tsushima-vyjdet-letom-novyj-trejler-s-tg_1280.jpg

Sony Pictures and PlayStation Productions are developing a film adaptation of the hugely successful action adventure game Ghost of Tsushima, with Chad Stahelski attached to direct. The game recently crossed a massive milestone of selling over 6.5 million copies since its July 2020 debut.

The game is developed by Sucker Punch Productions and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment and centers around samurai warrior Jin Sakai, the last surviving member of his clan, who must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.

Stahelski, Alex Young and Jason Spitz are producing through their company 87Eleven Entertainment. Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan will produce on behalf of PlayStation Productions. Sucker Punch Productions will serve as Executive Producers. Peter Kang is overseeing the project on behalf of the studio.

Ghost of Tsushima is PlayStation 4’s fastest selling first-party original IP debut, selling more than 2.4 million units worldwide in its first 3 days. The game was one of the top nominees for the Game Awards 2020 with several nominations, including Game of the Year, Best Game Direction, Best Narrative, and Best Performer for Daisuke Tsuji.

Stahelski is about to start shooting John Wick 4, after directing the first three films. The films have become a massive box office success surpassing $600 million worldwide.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/sony-p...hn-wicks-chad-stahelski-directing-1234721342/

John Wick's Chad Stahelski to Direct Sony's GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Live-Action Adaptation

ghost-of-tsushima-vyjdet-letom-novyj-trejler-s-tg_1280.jpg

Sony Pictures and PlayStation Productions are developing a film adaptation of the hugely successful action adventure game Ghost of Tsushima, with Chad Stahelski attached to direct. The game recently crossed a massive milestone of selling over 6.5 million copies since its July 2020 debut.

The game is developed by Sucker Punch Productions and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment and centers around samurai warrior Jin Sakai, the last surviving member of his clan, who must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.

Stahelski, Alex Young and Jason Spitz are producing through their company 87Eleven Entertainment. Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan will produce on behalf of PlayStation Productions. Sucker Punch Productions will serve as Executive Producers. Peter Kang is overseeing the project on behalf of the studio.

Ghost of Tsushima is PlayStation 4’s fastest selling first-party original IP debut, selling more than 2.4 million units worldwide in its first 3 days. The game was one of the top nominees for the Game Awards 2020 with several nominations, including Game of the Year, Best Game Direction, Best Narrative, and Best Performer for Daisuke Tsuji.

Stahelski is about to start shooting John Wick 4, after directing the first three films. The films have become a massive box office success surpassing $600 million worldwide.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/sony-p...hn-wicks-chad-stahelski-directing-1234721342/

Haven't played the game but this sounds really interesting. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

Directed by Guy Ritchie. With Jason Statham, Jeffrey Donovan, Josh Hartnett, Scott Eastwood. The plot follows H, a cold and mysterious character working at a cash truck company responsible for moving hundreds of millions of dollars around Los Angeles each week.

Back