Movie Face-off: Robocop or The Terminator

Movie Face-off: Robocop or The Terminator

• Total voters
Never actually seen all of RoboCop. It hasn't aged well and honestly kind of sucks. Terminator easily.

Jai Courtney was such a shitty substitute for Michael Biehn in Genisys.

Look at how damaged, desperate and intense this Kyle Reese is.
Biehn never gets enough credit for Terminator imo. His portrayal of Reese was understated and complex, he did an awesome job in that movie. He's a big part of why it works so well, he sells you on how bleak the future is and how terrifying the terminator is.

"Can you fly, Bobby" scored you major points, but then you fucked up bad with "Come with me if you want to live", which is from the 2nd Terminator movie, not the first one.

And don't try to give me none o' that 'I was comparing the franchises overall' shit, because no you fucking weren't.

Biehn never gets enough credit for Terminator imo. His portrayal of Reese was understated and complex, he did an awesome job in that movie. He's a big part of why it works so well, he sells you on how bleak the future is and how terrifying the terminator is.

Agreed. Selling James Cameron's vision of the future was placed heavily on the shoulders of how Michael Biehn behaved as Reese in 1984.

"Can you fly, Bobby" scored you major points, but then you fucked up bad with "Come with me if you want to live", which is from the 2nd Terminator movie, not the first one.

And don't try to give me none o' that 'I was comparing the franchises overall' shit, because no you fucking weren't.

"Come with me if you want to live" is actually in both of the first two Terminators.

Michael Biehn says it in the first one to Sarah after he shotguns Arnold through the window at Tech Noir.

And then they used it or variations of it in the crappy sequels too...

But I agree that he couldn't have picked a better Robocop quote than "Can you fly Bobby..."

Well, maybe this...

Agreed. Selling James Cameron's vision of the future was placed heavily on the shoulders of how Michael Biehn behaved as Reese in 1984.
Yeah I noticed it a lot more watching it as an adult. The way he talks, his mannerisms, the character is just completely authentic. You don't get a lot of time in the future world, and they've been selling us on this future dystopia for decades on the back of his performance in those scenes. Jai Courtney was completely awful in the role. Too jokey and douchey. Kyle Reese is not a jokey or happy go lucky guy. He's an emotionally stunted survivor with ptsd, staying alive because he has finely honed survival skills and is always alert for danger.

"Come with me if you want to live" is actually in both of the first two Terminators.

Michael Biehn says it in the first one to Sarah after he shotguns Arnold through the window at Tech Noir.

And then they used it or variations of it in the crappy sequels too...
I had a back of my mind feeling about that Biehn shit, and I actually even youtube searched the quote before making my bitchy post, and all that came up was the Ahnold clips from the 2nd one, so I thought I was in the clear.

Fuck me I guess

I'd buy that for a dollar

I also double checked the spelling of Biehn before posting this just now, so at least I did something right in this thread goddammit

Terminator is better imo. die hard is great though.
Honestly, Robocop/Terminator/Die Hard for me is like a roulette wheel full of win. I wouldn't fault anyone for picking any of those as their favorite

Honestly, Robocop/Terminator/Die Hard for me is like a roulette wheel full of win. I wouldn't fault anyone for picking any of those as their favorite
Yeah i wouldn't fault anyone for picking one of the other two. Terminator was just too big a part of my childhood to ever vote against it. Die hard And Robocop are amazing and influential as well.

I kinda feel like that might be Die Hard

Could well be. Between The Terminator, Die Hard, Rocky and First Blood, if I had to choose, I'd be kind of like this guy from the Running Man...

775335071815116432.png

Could well be. Between The Terminator, Die Hard, Rocky and First Blood, if I had to choose, I'd be kind of like this guy from the Running Man...

775335071815116432.png
I do miss me some well-storied R-rated action movies. Keanu spamming headshots in John Wick just ain't the same

No wonder we worship the 80s. So full of awesome.

Robocop for accurately predicting what would happen to Detroit.
lol they shot the film in Dallas because Detroit was too decrepit for a dystopian film this was 3 decades ago.

You now have 5 seconds to comply.

Easy choice. Robocop is a guilty pleasure with some nice gore whereas The Terminator is (still) an excellent movie.

Back