Move from a cage to a ring.

JudontknowMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't care if its 4 cornered or 8 cornered to keep your beloved octagon brand in place. I don't mind ground battles, but I'm sick of all these fights spending half their time up against the cage. It's becoming so prevalent in big fights, that after 6 years of watching mma live or on tv, I'm starting to cringe when I see it happen, awaiting a long drawn out fence grind. Maybe I'm just tainted from this past season of TUF, as well as some of the 'big fights' lately.

This is new

Rings are more dangerous for the fighters than cages though.

Yay another stupid petition that will never, ever happen.

Sorry but the Ufc isn't going to change something that is inherently identifiable with their brand because JMMA nuthuggers don't like it.

Yay another stupid petition that will never, ever happen.

Sorry but the Ufc isn't going to change something that is inherently identifiable with their brand because JMMA nuthuggers don't like it.

Someone's touchy. Guess santa wasnt too good to you this year. Thread title fixed for your pleasure.

Rings are more dangerous for the fighters than cages though.

Theoretically, I can see the point, but in reality, is it THAT bad? I mean, how many times in Pride did a fighter fall right out? Get tangled up? Sure. But right out?

And as for fighters being caught in the ropes and having to be reset in the centre, is that really any worse than wall-and-stall?

I also hate MMA ring fights when the guy fall between the ropes or the gets under the ropes enough where the opponent can not get to him annoying. Its also funny to watch two or there guys try to hold the ropes and push the guy that is against the rope.

The Ring sucks. Nothing worse than seeing fights being forced to reset and guys practically falling out of the ring.

Much bigger problems than a guy being forced up against the fence. If you dont want to be forced up against the fence, get better defense. I love how there is one fight that has bad wall and stall and all of a sudden its a major problem:rolleyes:

If you don't like the cage due to the wall n stall then you should like the cage for the wall walk up. Pros and Cons to evrything.
Me personally I hate a ring.

I was at a live event recently in Toronto and agree that the cage needs to go...

It so impairs visibility when watching it live, that most people spend their time watching the jumbotrons. I was in the 6th row and elevated right at ring level and couldn't see 90% of the fight. I will as a result never go to another live event again. If I want to watch an event on tv, I can do it from home rather than shelling out $100's on a ticket.

I actually don't mind the cage part, but I do mind the non stop stalling we see. Call me a hater but I don't want to see guys push up against the cage and just hold position, that's part of fighting but not the only part.

What a well thought out and arranged argument. I, for one, am swayed.

Your sarcasm humors me. It's really the only argument I need. SAFETY. Since you're likely not a fighter on either an amateur or professional level, I wouldn't expect for you to understand.

I'm glad u like it. Now partake. :)
I for one enjoyed the Pride Ring. But it did come with its problems.

Tangled up in the ropes
Wand + others grabbing the ropes to stomp people out. (lol)

I like how every time Dana says something someone on here reiterates it.

Back