Move from a cage to a ring.

I'm surprised that I never hear anyone talk about how difficult it is to film effectively with the cage. The camera work that we see from fights in a ring is lightyears better. Long, wide, straight on shots that can zoom in close without a break in the shot; shots from the canvas looking up at standing fighters, or directly at the ground game on the level. The camera work that comes with the cage makes you feel like a little kid who didn't have nickle to pay to get into the ballgame so had to take turns with his friends standing on each others' backs to peek over the fence.

Yes, fighters falling out of the fighting area is more ghetto than a boring fight. And Shooto and Deep is where I've seen many fighters fall out of the ring. Not just through the ropes but out of the entire ring unconscious. You are right, there are pros and cons to both fighting areas, but the cons for rings are much worse. I don't see how it's even a debate anymore. I thought most have figured it out by now.

There's still a debate because not everyone agrees with you. It's not a cut and dry thing, haven't YOU figured THAT out, yet?

The issues with the cage are with the parts that make the cage the cage. Namely, the fencing and the frame, it's issues with fighters using it to stall, and it's issues with the visibility of the fight to the audience.

The issues the ring are pretty much all related to getting tangled in the ropes and potentially falling out of the ring.

The issues the ring are pretty much all related to getting tangled in the ropes and potentially falling out of the ring.

And it's not hard to get that these types of issues the worse ones. Come on. Falling out of the freaking ring. Fighters possibly throwing others out, fighters being impeded by the ropes, fighters being choked by the ropes, fighters having their defense impeded by the ropes and turnbuckle, fighters escaping guaranteed submissions by jumping through the ropes. All those are far more important than stalling. Besides, the ring doesn't actually help stalling. There is just as much stalling in a ring. It comes from a fighter's style, not the fighting area.

The ring for mma is archaic. Let it go already.

The Ring sucks. Nothing worse than seeing fights being forced to reset and guys practically falling out of the ring.

Much bigger problems than a guy being forced up against the fence. If you dont want to be forced up against the fence, get better defense. I love how there is one fight that has bad wall and stall and all of a sudden its a major problem:rolleyes:

Seen over a 150+ Pride fights and the only instance I can really remember when this happened was when Kerr fought some guy, who actively tried to run out.

Back