mounted on someone has double unders

Someone getting double unders on you while mounted is a gift. I'd personally move to S-Mount and get a nearside overwrap armbar, but you could go straight for the armbar, move to Technical Mount, Ezequiel choke them, Cross choke them. If some reason you really wanted their double unders broken you could put your forearm under their nose and push yourself up with two hands, but seriously this would be a godsend and no decent grappler would ever try to do this to you.

Well, if it's self defense, you grab his head and put your thumbs in his eyes :D. He will let go.

If it's in competition, I also really don't see a big problem. The reason you're getting swept from there is probably because you're too occupied trying to attack him, instead of holding your mount properly. He shouldn't be able to reverse you from there, since you have both arms free to stabilize yourself. Just slide up high on his chest, pinch your knees and feet together and base out with your hands. If he wants to hug you from underneath, let him do it til he gets tired, then wait for the right moment to attack. Most importantly, hold your high mount.

My thoughts exactly. It's really not that advanced of a sub, it's pretty easy to pull off if the guy bearhugs you like that.
Quite often I find it easier just to step all the way over into a very deep omoplata if I can isolate the arm like that/they give me their arm in a foolish fashion. The monoplata is a bit more fiddly, you have to stop half-way to switch directions and it can give you a few more chances to fuck up and let him have his arm back.

Forearm under their nose, you really do that? Pretty brutal if my training partner did that to me idk if I'd roll with him again, you can lift one foot and place it next to his head use forearms against the neck lightly and his arms are for the taking why rough up your partners they are valuable.

I was talking more in terms of a self-defence or fight situation where you might want to posture up in order to strike effectively, which is the only reason I can see for not going for the armbar or a choke from this position. As I said, in grappling I'd immediately move to S-Mount and start attacking the armbar - in a fight I might want to soften them up a bit first.

Quite often I find it easier just to step all the way over into a very deep omoplata if I can isolate the arm like that/they give me their arm in a foolish fashion. The monoplata is a bit more fiddly, you have to stop half-way to switch directions and it can give you a few more chances to fuck up and let him have his arm back.

Not from top. I don't like rolling over into the omoplata because you're giving up your mount. With the monoplata you can almost always get it back, or just transition to an armbar while remaining on top. I don't know what you're talking about with the direction switch, I just step up, secure the arm, slide the foot over, fall slightly to the side, and start applying pressure. It's pretty straightforward.

1) Get real heavy by sinking into your hooks and basing your arms out, so his head in on the mat
2) Base your head to one side
3) On that side, insert the blade of your wrist onto his throat (under his nose will work, too, but is a little bit mean) preferably while keeping your elbow posted
4) Push

He will try to upa you, but as long as your head is based and your weight is compensated away from that side, he shouldn't be able to get it.

I usually start with the monoplata and if they start countering I transition into the omoplata. I'm with Uchi mata, I don't like giving up mount if I can help it.

I thought this was the most basic submission and position you could possibly get?? The only thing worse he could be doing is trying to push you off with both hands on your chest. Anyway I'd do this armbar once he paused trying to sweep me:

If in the Gi, then cross chokes. If no gi (or gi), grind your fist into opponents jugular. This will get them to release to defend it. Also, blade across their neck with your forearm hooking your hand onto their opposite shoulder(your left, their left) this pressure should get them to release. Just watch out for getting rolled, keep your hooks in.

I thought this was the most basic submission and position you could possibly get?? The only thing worse he could be doing is trying to push you off with both hands on your chest. Anyway I'd do this armbar once he paused trying to sweep me:

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Guy hugs you get high mount. Then get a higher mount...then get even higher...pick an arm, throw the leg over and lean back. Easy peasy macaroni and cheesy. (Although I don't know what he means by the "that two hand push on the chest BJJ arm bar that doesn't work anymore"??? Work for me all the time?)

One word: monoplata.

I love it when someone gets me in this position ill always post my left knee high with lots of inward pressure this will break the grip then just reach back on that side for the kimura,its very high percentage for me.
Monoplata is another one but I find getting the finishing position tight or consistent an issue,must work on it harder.

Back