mounted on someone has double unders

10thplanetbjj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im sure theres many things i could have done and its happened several times now so i think its a good idea to ask. Sometimes against guys that i mount they end up locking double unders on me and theres no space to repummel. so they kinda just have me stuck there and sometimes i get swept. whats the best thing to do to break this or it is too late once its locked (prevent before it happens)? i tried to posture up but that didnt work too well, i have a high mount quite often when this happens so i shouldnt be sort of stuck and should be tapping more since its such a dominant position. thanks

DSTRYRSG.com_KURT_OSIANDER_SIDE_CONTROL_ESCAPE.png

Headbutts :icon_lol:

jk , never happened to me so im not sure.Anyway if someone has double unders on you while you're on on mount ,you failed a long time ago.

I'm tired so I'm not putting much thought into this at the moment, first thing that comes to mind is a mounted triangle?

Headbutts :icon_lol:

jk , never happened to me so im not sure.Anyway if someone has double unders on you while you're on on mount ,you failed a long time ago.

Their head would be at like sternum level and attched to your body? HTF headbutt them?

Cross face???

I have a feeling I am missing something.

That's exactly what I want. Keep the arms wide for basing out if you're worried about getting bridged off. Slide the knees up towards his shoulders to establish a high mount. From there you can attack either arm. If you feel the need to break the grip, then posture and a crossface should do the trick.

Under no circumstances should you be pummeling for underhooks when you're on top in mount.

That's exactly what I want. Keep the arms wide for basing out if you're worried about getting bridged off. Slide the knees up towards his shoulders to establish a high mount. From there you can attack either arm. If you feel the need to break the grip, then posture and a crossface should do the trick.

Under no circumstances should you be pummeling for underhooks when you're on top in mount.

ya by pummelling i actually meant the opposite, other side of the arm to go over to try and isolate it. and crossface, ya i gotta start doing that, and on the other thread i posted. i am too nice. crossface would have worked.

It is a normal response to avoid getting hit on the face. But holding down someone that is mounting or side control you is a waste of time. Just shove your elbow on his troath GENTLY.

lol. ya i guess i did eh. btw you know someone at kurts named tom or thomas? new asian guy? he just started training at kurts

nope. i dont train at kurts. just have some good friends there.
their open mats are great though

If he has double underhooks just post a hand whenever he tries to sweep you.

When he has double underhooks his neck is open and undefended.

Do the nutcracker choke. Some people think it is a cheezy move, but I have tapped out guys with it before. Those guys who don't tap out will start squirming and moving right away. If you really want the tap it will work better if you move more into a low mount and grape vine the legs. This potentially means your leg could get trapped and you get upa'd. There is always a counter to everything.

Any time I can ram my knuckles into someone's carotid artery I do it. They won't like it, trust me. But if you're doing it to try and tap them with it, you have to do it fast and 110%.

Mike "Pantene" Piekarski;78569707 said:
Monoplata

My thoughts exactly. It's really not that advanced of a sub, it's pretty easy to pull off if the guy bearhugs you like that.

i am too nice. crossface would have worked.

You can be nice with a crossface.

If I need to crossface in training I will. BUT I will not start out with a hard cross face, instead I basically show I can do it,(hopefully they let go) then I slowly add pressue until they let go. If they want to be stubborn they can its up to them, but if they get hurt its all on them as the way to stop the cross face is obvious to first day newbies.

Not cross facing them lets them think they will not get cross faced if they try that in comp or real life, be a good gym buddy and cross face.

Back