• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Motor Racing 2023

Wonder if Preece would have been killed by that before the implementation of the hans device?

Superspeedway racing sucks these days. That was just a parking lot full of guys who had no where to go. They need to figure something out. In the 90s you had pack racing but the cars had room between them to make moves. 90% of today's race was just two rows of cars following each other for hundreds of miles with almost no passing going on other than each line moving a car length or two forward and backward.

Seems as if the implementation of technology just keeps making racing worse and worse. Martinsville had multiple commercial breaks go by with almost no changes in the top 20. I've never witnessed a more boring Martinsville race than that. The cars handle too well, brake too well, accelerate too easy and disturb the air so badly that close racing is too difficult. Starting to go the way of F1.

I wonder what NASCAR found on Larsons car. From the video, it appeared that the welds on the door bars broke. Since all of the cages are made by the same manufacturer, that could be a big problem.

kyle-larson-talledega-crash-lead-1-6446c5a70f97d.jpg

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a43687959/nascar-talladega-crash-kyle-larson-door-bar-failure/

Many problems in the only F1 practice session this weekend including Hamilton's brakes not working properly. Gasly's car starting on fire and the total incompetence of the fire marshals trying to extinguish it that cost a lot of valuable practice time. The usual many cars touching the walls. Qualifying will be critical. The teams have a lot of new modifications to try out and very limited practice time.

They just can't get the F1 Q1 session in as they keep hitting the barriers and damaging them.

I don't know if they changed the time for the Sprint shootout or if ESPN had it wrong in their schedule but I missed it because I followed the ESPN schedule. I even woke up an hour early.

Damn. My timing said 4:30 est for the shootout. I set the alarm, but turned it to off just before going to bed pretty late for me.

VSC after a couple laps. George got past max using max tactics. Max seems mad.

full safety car now

Theres no competing with RedBull this year. That straightline speed during DRS has given them easy overtaking every single time

dunno, super tight road course, no places to pass really. looks boring.

here's a crazy idea, put F1 cars on Ovals like Indy Car does or circuits like Barber Motorsports Park or Watkins Glen or Laguna Seca.

I don't see anyone beating RB on merit this year, they are going to be potentially more dominant than the 2020 Mercs.

Yeah. Those red bulls are fast. Safety car changes the order around. A few cars like ham, Norris, max pitted just before the safety car and lost out.

Perez actually matching up well against Max so far. I wonder if Max is biding his time.
He is saying a brake issue i think. But who really knows. Perez drove well also in the sprint, but max side pod was torn to shreds.

Snoooooooooze fest. The cars have taken a step back this year. The changes to stop the porpoising along with the natural evolution of teams finding more down-force has made the cars harder to follow this year. I get the feeling we are going to see a lot of boring races this year unless changes are made.

The on boards are always fun to watch on a tight, city circuit but otherwise, borrrring.
I record it and then just fast forward through the entire race.
ugh

Back