motivation.

I completely get what you are saying and have had some psychology as well as an undergrad. You're right though people can go through tough times and it can happen to anyone. What I'm trying to say is that there must have been some incident that made you want to turn it around and that is what I'm trying to say someone needs. There has to come a certain time when you want to make the change and it sounds like you did. I have over come adversity through similar techniques and what I'm trying to say is that there isn't going to be some magical switch that will give motivation it is going to have to come from the inside that you want to make the change and get off your butt. Once you have made that decision then yes visualization and affirmation can push you that much higher, but that inital leap usually has to come from oneself and the pure want to succeed.

offcorse thats all true, ultimatley you have to fight for yourself and noone else, in thailand my trainer asked me before fighting if i did it for myself and not to prove anything, he even says so in this clip YouTube - A Lanna Trilogy - Getting Fights

Oh, and long time ago I thoroughly convinced myself that if I did not do conditioning exercises/ training or whatever, that I would lose my mind and life for me would go down hill because it's like my crack... and I seriously believe that. If I ever got too injured to train I'de cry like a baby and go into depression... no joke. So am I lucky? or cursed???? lol

I think routine helps get you addicted to the adrenaline... that eventually you build a tolerance too. I really feel like I've built a tolerance to adrenaline because if it's not intense enough I don't get satisfied. so again.. am I cursed? or blessed???

it is actually proved in scientific studies that you get physically addicted to exercice.

My best motivation tool is my training partner. Knowing the other is expecting a lot out of me and being there to help him as well is what gets me going.

it is actually proved in scientific studies that you get physically addicted to exercice.

I've had unhealthy past addictions, which is why I turned that energy into something more posative :) Nothing eleviates stress like a hard training session.

Great posts, especially the one's by the people who know what they are talking about.
Of course there are very mixed emotions about this. Ricky Haton believes that a boxer should not be pushed. The boxer has to find it in himself to keep on training; however, countless numbers of people get motivated by someone and completely turn their life around because of it.
I can barely find something more fun and more worth while than training, but I seem to not do it.
One thing is that I have only eight moves and only three that I can practice as hard as I can.
But when I'm lifting it's a different story. At school it's extremely easy to work as hard as one can. Probably because of all the people and the loud music. At home it's a little different. there is still the satisfying burn but I only have so much weight so I have to do more reps of something not really hard, But that's not the point.

I've seen a motivational speeker once. I beleve it was someone from a basket ball in florida somewhere. He said " There are three kinds of people, those who just came out os a strom, those who are in a strom and those who are about to be in a storm." The fact is, it is inevitable that something will happen.

Another thing that might help is not just watching fights but loosing them.
On some MMA show I heard them say that one of the toughest match ups for a fighter is a fighter that just lost. This is because they will train much harder to not feell the feeling of loosing again.

Hi all, this is my first post, im from Chile, and im a practicioner of a traditional style of kung fu, choy lee fut, i do sanda aswell, well my motivation goes down sometimes but, this what i do.... listen some hard music, some exceptional songs like rocky

commit to a fight and get it scheduled. Nothing will motivate you to train harder then the prospect of getting you ass kicked in front of a bunch of people if you don't.

My advice is schedule yourself a amateur 2 round 2 minute fight.

My rational is that will give all the motivation you need in the form of fear and pride to get ur ass up everyday and train your ass off to avoid and ass kicking and gassing.

The only reason I suggest this is, when I fought my last fight I was in a similar rut, and once I was told "in 6 weeks I got a fight for you" I woke the Fu$% up and trained my ass off.

And with a nice fight like this, worst case scenario your prirde gets hurt, but the joy of fighting and the post fight feeling is all worth the while

My advice is schedule yourself a amateur 2 round 2 minute fight.

My rational is that will give all the motivation you need in the form of fear and pride to get ur ass up everyday and train your ass off to avoid and ass kicking and gassing.

The only reason I suggest this is, when I fought my last fight I was in a similar rut, and once I was told "in 6 weeks I got a fight for you" I woke the Fu$% up and trained my ass off.

And with a nice fight like this, worst case scenario your prirde gets hurt, but the joy of fighting and the post fight feeling is all worth the while

thats a good attitude, wish I had the ability and will to do that right now.

My best motivation tool is my training partner. Knowing the other is expecting a lot out of me and being there to help him as well is what gets me going.

This is so true. I can get a great workout on my own for sure...but when your partner/coach is there screaming at you to push yourself...that makes me want to be a better fighter.

Rocking out to some loud music in the car ride does it for me. When im leaving work and feel like going home and to sleep i'll turn up something good and by the time im getting close to home and the gym (they have about 1.2 miles apart) im so pumped all I want to do is get in there and bust my ass training.

Back