Motivation! (Feel free to add)

dinpappa

Purple Belt
Reaction score
squats_vs_deadlifts1.jpg

““It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” -T.Roosevelt

"Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records."

“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”

"Belief triggers the power to do" -David Schwartz

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision."

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."

UPDATED:

“In my thirty years of weight training I have run into some interesting people and have collected
my share of great times and great workouts. Training with weights has been a part of my life for so
long that I barely remember life without it. The great thing about training is that you learn something
everyday from the workouts. You learn to persevere through a workout that just can’t seem to get
going. You learn to appreciate and be satisfied momentarily when you hit a new PR. And yet the
weight always, always provides you with a challenge. You can never be truly satisfied as long as you
have the desire to get stronger. You can however, learn from the interesting characters that you meet
and the workouts that you go through in your quest to reach your strength goals. It is a heck of a
worthwhile journey.” READ THE WHOLE THING

Orlando Barbell Powerlifting Documentary, "Iron/Chalk" Part1

Orlando Barbell Powerlifting Documentary, "Iron/Chalk" Part2

Last edited:
I like threads with good positivity for everyone. Motivation is important to have for any lifter. Thanks for the thread, even though it's been done it's good to remind people why they do the training they do.

When I'm worried about a lift, sometimes it helps me to imagine Jim Wendler calling people like me "a lazy asshole" or "a pussy", and advicing me to "grow some nuts and man up".

Just throwing that out there :D

"Excuses will only get you so far. It won't get you anywhere with me."

Good thread btw.

updated first post. Keep em comming guys! :)

Atleast for me visual motivation, quotes and music really gets me going when im maybe feeling alittle out of it :)

Seriously, that Georgia Tech speech is the most intense and passionate speech I've ever seen. Amazing.

I googled HBO boxing after dark and all I got was a program showing live fights, was that just a commercial or was there a series?

Back