Most unlikeliest KO in the history of MMA

FistofIce**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me, it was Hendo koing Fedor. Anderson getting koed comes to mind by Weidman, and Crocop getting RHK by Gonzaga also, but who really saw Henderson koing Fedor?

Anderson was getting beat up on the ground by getting taken down in a few seconds after the first round begun, and started to clown around like he does sometimes when he faces dangerous grappler, for example Maia and Leites, and then got ktfo when he had his hands down like he was Ali reincarnate, which he clearly is not.

Crocop had to suffer the one of the most unjust stand up calls in the history of MMA that I have ever seen, and just could not see the kick coming to his dome. Gonzaga is known to gas and quit in late rounds and his heart is rather questionable, given how his career really drizzled off from that point, who knows what would've happened if Herb Dean did not have a brain meltdown and did not stand them up

People are going to talk about how Henderson has this dynamite in his hands and all, but I do not believe Henderson hits any harder than some of guys Fedor had to face like Hunt,Shilts and etc.

Henderson was knocked down to the ground by Fedor combination, and somehow reversed the position and landed the punch which momentarily seemingly knocked Fedor out a little.

I have NEVER seen anyone koing ANYBODY from that position like that, Henderson hasn't done it before and would EVER do it again. I don't know how many MMA fights have taken place since UFC 1 or even NHB fights, but out of all that fights, have you seen ANYONE getting knocked out like that?

Fluke ko of the century, the title goes to Dan ' Decision Dan' Henderson.

I don't think so. Serra threw the right hook at the right time. That's all. I mean, left hook can do some serious damage

I guess I would say Weidman Silva. Still doesn't seem real.

As for the Hendo Fedor KO, as crazy as it was, we all knew Hendo could put down an elephant. There was always the chance, it just wasn't really expected. I think we all knew it COULD happen though.

Weidman Koing Silva was like "LOLWTF"

I'm the one throwing around Silva has a god chin and even I wasn't surprised he got KTFO. Given the circumstances, who wouldn't really?

I guess I would say Weidman Silva. Still doesn't seem real.

As for the Hendo Fedor KO, as crazy as it was, we all knew Hendo could put down an elephant. There was always the chance, it just wasn't really expected. I think we all knew it COULD happen though.

Not really. The guy has 5 kos in 39 fights. More decision wins than ko/tkos.

I don't think so. Serra threw the right hook at the right time. That's all. I mean, left hook can do some serious damage

How many people on this planet thought that Serra KOing GSP was even a possibility up to that point we haven't even seen him truly rocked and this is the same Serra who got knocked out by Shonie Carter , and since then GSP may have fought a bit "safer" But I think he has underrated toughness because of the perception of this KO , I mean Condit almost took his head off with a headkick but he was able to recover.

Hendo at least we know is heavyhanded as fuck

Henderson KOing Fedor was his best chance of winning. Not sure why that's so surprising, what did you think he was going to submit him?

Henderson KOing Fedor was his best chance of winning. Not sure why that's so surprising, what did you think he was going to submit him?

Hendo koing Fedor was just laughable idea, to be generous

tumblr_mcvx9eVRfn1qi7g0xo1_400.gif

rameau-thierry-sokoudjou_antonio-rodrigo-nogueira.gif

If we r going by your logic of choosing fight techniques that rarely lead to KO's, Mousasi over Jacare via upkick should be mentioned.

Front kick and spinning hooks kick KO's becoming more common now since Silva and Barboza opened the Pandora's box

I'm on the same page with everyone in this thread but my personal pick for the KO I never saw coming was Russow/Duffee

Henderson got almost koed, somehow reversed it, and landed a punch that Fedor couldn't see coming. I don't think anyone has ever hurt someone from that position in a million MMA fights, nor has Henderson done it or will he ever.

Fluke of the century in this sports.

For me Gonzaga LHK KOing Cro Cop.

More the HOW than the WHAT.

Given how the fight was going, Duffee/Russow should be up there.

Gonzaga getting a LHK on Cro Cop was pure wtf just happened. A pure BJJ fighter even attempting CCs own move against him, out of nowhere, was completely ludicrous. I didn't think Gabe even knew how to throw a kick, let alone the kick that took out CC.

Hendo koing Fedor was just laughable idea, to be generous

Why? Fedor's always been a fairly prone to fighting recklessly. Against a brawler like Henderson that was probably not going to be a smart idea and Fedor proved everybody right

You can't seriously be doubting the power of Henderson. The man's got bombs in his hands

True. But I think lot of people blow it out of proportion way too much. For the most of his career, he wasn't that known for knocking people out left and right. I mean, Gono, Chonan and Bisping aren't all that what makes a sparkling resume of ko victims and we know Wanderlei had a really bad fever when he fought Henderson. Hendo hits hard but he's really one dimensional, and I still think Fedor beats him 100 out of 101 times. :L

Back