Most unlikeliest KO in the history of MMA

At least Henderson had shown he hits stupidly hard and Fedor had been rocked before.

We knew Weidman was a good striker, but not necessarily a killer on the feet(Munoz fight aside), and we've seen Anderson's head pratically spun right around, and he didn't even seem to notice.

Edson Barboza's wheel kick KO of Terry Etim. That has to get some credit for being unlikely.

At least Henderson had shown he hits stupidly hard and Fedor had been rocked before.

We knew Weidman was a good striker, but not necessarily a killer on the feet(Munoz fight aside), and we've seen Anderson's head pratically spun right around, and he didn't even seem to notice.

Someone's never seen Weidman vs. Uriah Hall.

How is a pudgy BJJ expert KO-ing a former K1 champ via high kick NOT the most unlikeliest KO?

Of course there are such things as fluke KOs
Hughes/Newton
Falaniko/Lindland
Kerr/Yamamoto

These 3 KOs were about as flukey as you can get. Hughes passed out and woke up as the champ and Lindland and Kerr both DDT'd themselves.
"Of course they do"??
Lol fair enough 3 fluke Ko's in a 100,000 mmA fights. Guesstimating.... I apologize, u r correct

The TS was not and did not refer to any of those fights. The fluke Ko's you speak Are extremely extremely rare but they do infact occur

After thinking about it a bit more, Rnadleman knocking himself out before entering the cage and kiss Nakao getting KO'd in the staredown should be number 1 and 2.

The Danny Lafever KO over Benji Radach is as unlikely as it gets.

Forgot about this. This is definitely the number one most unlikely KO ever in MMA.

If I recall the story right, Lafever was banging Radach's gf and that was the reason for the fight in the first place right?

Wow....no love for Lauzon - Pulver? I'm a bit surprised.

^^^ I thought of it, but eh. There's too many good KO's!!! :D
tumblr_mcvx9eVRfn1qi7g0xo1_400.gif

rameau-thierry-sokoudjou_antonio-rodrigo-nogueira.gif
Those are two KO's that instantly came to mind.

Also, Big Ben's big KO. Also Hands of Stone's knockout was pretty amazing.

Anderson vs. Weidman is mentioned a lot here for obvious reasons. It was shocking how it happened, but it wasn't shocking that it happened. Anderson's footwork was lazy, and he underestimated Weidman's speed and power.

Lastly, an underrated KO was Silva's KO of Vitor. It came so fast and it came out of nowhere from a kick that looked "weak," and then BAM!!!! Vitor's great chin failed him.

Man, talking about this reminds me of reasons why MMA is the greatest sport to ever exist. MMA comebacks >>> all other sports comebacks.
Edson Barboza's wheel kick KO of Terry Etim. That has to get some credit for being unlikely.
And yet another reason why I love MMA.

Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow out of nowhere!

Gonzaga knocking out Cro Cop. Gonzaga finishing Mirko seemed unlikely to most at the time, but the way he did it? Literally no one expected that to happen, and it was incredible.

Last edited:
Back