• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Underrated Quick KO's

Moscardino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are some of the most underrated quick, sub-minute KO's in your opinion?

Struve V Silva is pretty crazy and brutal. Struve was known more as a submission machine or wearing guys down with volume boxing, and though Silva was a shadow of his former self he usually got blasted on the feet by power punchers.

Struve drops him in 8 seconds, then unloads elbows for another 8 seconds till Silva goes limp.

Baroni v. Menne never gets the love. 18 seconds, but there is about a 5 second barrage on Menne when he was out on his feet. I couldn't find a gif but here is Baroni and Tavares. It shows Baroni's power.
2.gif

And of course. Penn v. Uno. 11 seconds

giphy.gif

One of those tank or Belfort on wand legendary punching barrages

Sakurai KTFO Aoki with brutal knees on the ground. This was after Aoki made Eddie Alvarez run away from his butt scoot and the hello Japan fight, so Aoki's stock was very high. Also Aoki's an asshole so this 27 second KO was very gratifying

On JDS's dominating run to the title, people usually forgot that in his second UFC fight, he also welcomed Stefan Struve to the UFC by KOing him in 54 seconds

SmugVagueHarlequinbug-max-1mb.gif

Maybe not so underrated and just slightly over 60 seconds, but Marlon Moraes taught us that Aljamain Sterling's weakness is against knees
FFE6C946-68E5-4F8D-BD1B-ABF3FDC90D5D.gif

Last edited:

Poor Menne. He ate a whole bunch of shots while he was out because his fingers were in the cage holding him up !

Struve > Big Foot Silva > Fedor , shows you how bunk MMA maths is.

Poor Menne. He ate a whole bunch of shots while he was out because his fingers were in the cage holding him up !
Damn, you are right. Never noticed how long that was until now. Best eva, bro.
I remember when I first watched it and I could not believe the hand speed and then I learned you just had to survive that first minute and then you would be ok. Not that I would want to take that barrage.

Struve V Silva is pretty crazy and brutal. Struve was known more as a submission machine or wearing guys down with volume boxing, and though Silva was a shadow of his former self he usually got blasted on the feet by power punchers.

Struve drops him in 8 seconds, then unloads elbows for another 8 seconds till Silva goes limp.

Struve was an educated jab away from being a perennial top 5 contender.

He did give us a TON of fun fights....

But so frustrating that he couldn't/wouldn't commit to using his length with his hands..... He showed flashes of it, but just couldn't get it going through a whole fight.

I always thought Struve did not use his strength in height and reach well. If Struve used his length he could have been so much better imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back