Mark Coleman
Big Nog
Cro Cop
Wand
Shogun
Hendo
Kazuo Misaki
Gomi

which of these Pride Champs do you think is the most underrated?
I'd go with Gomi, since he rarely seems to get mentioned as the beast he was, but you can make cases for Misaki and Coleman IMO

PS: who else though the Lightweight GP they were planning to do would have been awesome? Hayato Sakurai, Takanori Gomi, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Marcus Aurelio, Gilbert Melendez, Joachim Hansen, Nick Diaz, Satoru Kitaoka, Shinya Aoki, Luiz Firmino, Matt Hughes, Diego Sanchez, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Luiz Azeredo would have all fought in it

none of them, they were rated good enough at the time

Igor Vovchanchyn - he would have won the 2000 GP if Coleman didn't get a bye in the semifinal matches

most people here dont remember how amazing Gomi was back in the day. he had such sick defensive wrestling and great hands. He was so fast and was always exciting. hes definitly one of my all time favorite fighters, he had the bushido spirit and the rare talent to match. Today when you mention his name here its the guy that choked out by Florain, man handled by Clay and the guy that got submitted by Nate. The fact that BJ LEFT the ufc to fight him back in 03 was just awesome in itself. They dont make guys like gomi and BJ anymore.

again then none of them, they are all just fine in my opinion, its all relative though to your own opinion, but to me they're all good

No one ever talks about Misaki so I'll say that he's the most underrated. I hope he gets in the UFC eventually, he's on a 3 fight win streak and beat Daley in his last fight. He's also beaten Siyar Bahadurzada and Ed Herman

No one ever talks about Misaki so I'll say that he's the most underrated. I hope he gets in the UFC eventually, he's on a 3 fight win streak and beat Daley in his last fight. He's also beaten Siyar Bahadurzada and Ed Herman
so true, Misaki was a beast back in his day, if I remember correctly, he even beat Hendo once

misaki just retired about a week ago unfortunately.

fedor - he dominated his era and beat the two ufc champs of his era too, shortly thereafter. had he fought mir and kharitanov, he'd have faced all the toughest comp available. i do not think either of those fighters would have beaten fedor 99-09.

Misaki and Gomi, Misaki was one of the best MWs in the world for a good chunk of time and has beaten some great fighters, Gomi is top 3 GOAT at LW but some people like to act like he was never a beast and that the competition level just exploded when Gomi got older.

lol at underrated pridechamp

all of them are overrated

PS: who else though the Lightweight GP they were planning to do would have been awesome? Hayato Sakurai, Takanori Gomi, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Marcus Aurelio, Gilbert Melendez, Joachim Hansen, Nick Diaz, Satoru Kitaoka, Shinya Aoki, Luiz Firmino, Matt Hughes, Diego Sanchez, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Luiz Azeredo would have all fought in it

Sorry.. Matt Hughes was gonna fight in a pride gp? And sanchez? That one passed me by

Sorry.. Matt Hughes was gonna fight in a pride gp? And sanchez? That one passed me by
they were considering importing them as a one-off for the tournament (kind of like Mir/Cormier)

Back