Most pathetic excuse for a loss

even though cyborg didn’t make it, that amateur reporter people around here like to call “ a professional” pretty much built in cyborgs excuse couple days prior that the only reason she lost to NuneZ, was because Jon Jones took all the energy out of her face.

@2:15

Imagine what would have happened with n the fight if cyborg had 100% full energy in her face. Nunez would have gotten murked

Last edited:
I came to post that good old Tito Ortiz quote. He got so mad when the crowd started booing
Just think of what Tito was dealing with, that was as bad as a jy-raff with a sore throat.

The point is its a stupid, hallow, pointless excuse for losing a fight. Did you get in injured? Did you have staph Did you over train and hurt your own fitness coming into the fight? Maybe, but you also chose to go ahead with the fight and now you've lost all right to complain/say anything that can be looked at as an excuse.

Random internet neckbeards can demand that fighters act honorably at all times, but when a bunch of money is on the line, sometimes an excuse can make all the difference, particularly when you can mobilize media hacks behind you.

Look at Jamahal Shill - he just got literally the biggest podcaster in the world to parrot his utterly ridiculous excuse for getting knocked out. That is extremely valuable in angling for a premature rematch should he win his next fight.

Some people will see through your bullshit. Others will bite. You just need to create that element of doubt.

'Hmm, what if his costume was too heavy? This time he will knock out Fury!'

Actually women are known more for slapping than punching too, so Diaz could have some self-awareness about supposedly feminine traits.

I don't think that was an excuse. I think that's just classic Diaz pettiness. Josh fought his best fight

You know what's more pathetic than excuses for a loss? Ducking. Making excuses for not fighting someone that everyone else in the world thinks it makes sense for you to fight.
"Champs" making excuses for not fighting the legit contender, is easily the most pathetic thing in pro fighting. Jon Jones has nothing but excuses for not facing Pavlovich or Aspinall.
Cheating and lying about cheating is also up there. Just as pathetic, actually.

Random internet neckbeards can demand that fighters act honorably at all times, but when a bunch of money is on the line, sometimes an excuse can make all the difference, particularly when you can mobilize media hacks behind you.

Look at Jamahal Shill - he just got literally the biggest podcaster in the world to parrot his utterly ridiculous excuse for getting knocked out. That is extremely valuable in angling for a premature rematch should he win his next fight.

Some people will see through your bullshit. Others will bite. You just need to create that element of doubt.

'Hmm, what if his costume was too heavy? This time he will knock out Fury!'

No, an excuse doesn't 'make all the difference' and if you think it does you're the kind of person who's Mma opinion is worth less than rat shit.

It would be disappointing if Nate actually described a loss as it was. His ways of turning losses completely around is absolutely extraordinary. Bending reality to his will.

sddefault.jpg

it was a NC, not a loss, but Gray Maynard's "I wasn't out" literally after slamming his head into the mat and knocking himself out will always come to mind

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.
When thug rose said Conor gave her ptsd

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.
Fedors management team said there was witchcraft in the arena when he got koed

Back