• Interstellar

• The English Patient

• The Revenant

• The Hurt Locker

• Black Panther

• Logan

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Avatar & Star Wars: Force Awakens. The new Star Wars films suck, Avatar looks nice, but it really isn't interesting imo.

This

#4 on the imdb top 250

<DisgustingHHH>

Shawshank is #1 and I don't agree with that, but Shawshank was way better than TDK tbf

Both pretty much show you the same thing though that IMDB is going to mostly give you the opinions of younger non cinephile film viewers, your not going to see Godard, Tarkovsky, etc near the very top of their rankings.

The Dark Knight and Inception are I would say reasonably smart blockbusters that feed the audience their drama pretty obviously and are a bit cluttered plot wise. Fury Road if anything is I'd say the opposite which is probably(besides the politics) why it gets a good deal of dislike here, the drama isn't quite so telegraphed asking more of the viewer and letting the atmosphere carry more of the weight.

Hollywood is to movies what Nashville is to country music.

Avatar. What a piece of shit story. I went with a friend and right as I was about to tell him how bad the movie was, he stood up and said, "That's the best movie I've ever seen!"

I still don't understand why that film did so well.

Avatar. What a piece of shit story. I went with a friend and right as I was about to tell him how bad the movie was, he stood up and said, "That's the best movie I've ever seen!"

I still don't understand why that film did so well.
Yeah avatar is super lame. South park summed it up in the Smurf episode.

Ive said it before, it was meant for the 90s. The movie came out too late.

James Cameron gave us great films, but blue aliens who stick their pony tails into dragons so they can psychically fly is FUCKING STUPID.

Yeah avatar is super lame. South park summed it up in the Smurf episode.

Ive said it before, it was meant for the 90s. The movie came out too late.

James Cameron gave us great films, but blue aliens who stick their pony tails into dragons so they can psychically fly is FUCKING STUPID.

Evidently not by the box office takings although opinion was turning against it rather quickly after release, reintroducing 3D was a massive part of its success though.

Any superhero movie. People go crazy for these type of movies...

Back