Most Overrated fighter currently in the UFC?

Conor McGregor by a million mile. Then Rory McDonald IMO.

Woodley lost to Shields at UFC 161

Wasn't exactly 'humped' by Shields though, was he?

You also said Lamas was overrated because Cub would finish him, despite Lamas finishing Cub a few fights back.

You also said that Barao, the guy who's walked through every fighter the UFC has put in front of him, is overrated.

I think your opinion is probably underrated, certainly by yourself.

Wasn't exactly 'humped' by Shields though, was he?

You also said Lamas was overrated because Cub would finish him, despite Lamas finishing Cub a few fights back.

You also said that Barao, the guy who's walked through every fighter the UFC has put in front of him, is overrated.

I think your opinion is probably underrated, certainly by yourself.

Woodley got nullified by Shields. It was a dry hump SD

Cub 2.0 smokes Lamas so badly. That was over 3 years ago and Cub has been ten times more dominant in victory than Lamas since then.

Barao best win is Faber, other than that he's been can crushing for years :icon_conf

Cub 2.0 smokes Lamas so badly. That was over 3 years ago and Cub has been ten times more dominant in victory than Lamas since then.

Barao best win is Faber, other than that he's been can crushing for years :icon_conf

Lamas ran through Grice, Hioki, Cub and Koch. He also lasted nearly 25mins longer against Aldo than Cub did.

Would like to see Cub beat Lamas, but it's hardly a forgone conclusion.

Also, the fight was in Nov 2011, which is under 3 years ago, not over.

Your assessment of Barao is pathetic.

So, Cub is legit for finishing Siver, Roop, Oliviera, Pearson... fair enough.

Barao is a can-crusher for finishing Faber, Mayday, Wineland, Pickett... Cool logic brah

You had a few decent points but those 2 certainly aren't..

Anyone who loses any fight ever = can

Anyone who wins is next Champ.... unless it it was their last fight and they have another fight coming up. Then they never beat anybody good and they're again overrated.

So the answer is everyone is always overrated all the time no matter what, unless it's your favorite fighter.

Rory MacDonald, by far.

The UFCs really, really trying to hype that kid as the next big thing, but so far he really hasn't shown anything that's justified it...

Michael bisping. He has shown me nothing to believe he is anything more than an average fighter. I don't see this world beater people talk about.

Lets break it down by division:

FLW: dont know, dont even care

BW: Barao. division is super thin right now, long win streak means nothing when half the wins are can crushing in brazil. healthy cruz would smoke gollum.

WBW: Tate... as much as I love cupcake(s), she's been getting handled pretty bad since coming to the UFC.

FW: Lamas. Ridiculous at #3. Cub, K. Zombie, Poirier, McGregor, and Bermudez would all finish him.

LW: Benson Henderson. Already stated.

WW: Woodley. Condit match was a fluke. Got Mortal Kombat finished by Marquardt and humped by Shields not long ago.

MW: Bisping. Why does The Count get called out so much? Because he's a big money but easy ass fight.

LHW: Sonnen. Chael can't be messing around at Light Heavy, he's going to get shellacked.

HW: Travis Browne. Got badly exposed against The Troll King but a lot of people still think he's a world beater.

Probably the post of the month for me, I don't even agree with a lot of it but you have a way with words :icon_lol:

Anyone who loses any fight ever = can

Anyone who wins is next Champ.... unless it it was their last fight and they have another fight coming up. Then they never beat anybody good and they're again overrated.

So the answer is everyone is always overrated all the time no matter what, unless it's your favorite fighter.

As sad as it sounds, you just accurately described the mentality of a large percentage of MMA fans.

Cain's P4P status is ridiculous IMO.

I go back and forth on this. While Cain has only defended his belt once, he arguably stands higher above his own division than his fellow champions because he crushed JDS - the only viable threat to his reign - twice.

Matt Brown
McGregor
Condit ( One of my Favs. He's a very good fighter But not great as he is made out to be.)
Mark Hunt

He's awesome and I cheer for him most of the time (except when he fought Junior), but I do think he's a bit overrated on here. But I dunno, maybe he's just really popular (there is a difference).

A lot of people are saying Conor McGregor, but I honestly don't think he's overrated at all. I don't think he's necessarily anything special (I really hope he is cus he's fucking awesome haha), but I think people are mistaking the attention he's getting for hype. Yes, he gets a lot of attention (due to his loquaciousness and flamboyance both in, but mostly out, of the cage), but no one really knows if he's elite or not, and all I see are people who mock his "hype". The fight against Cole Miller is a great test against an underrated opponent, and the consensus I get (from both fans and pundits alike) is that it's a stylistically challenging fight for him that'll give us a better idea of where he's at (which is exactly what matchmakers should throw at him right now). I do think he'll be the betting favourite, but the line should be pretty close and Miller will make a good underdog for sure.

Vitor (had a losing record at LHW, struggled and was outstruck by journeymen, then dropped to MW and became "elite"...or so the kids say)
Machida (was losing at LHW but then dropped to MW. The Machida era is back)
JDS (very overrated HW who some think is something especial)
A. Silva (was very overrated for 7-8 years, still some think he's remotely close to Weidman)
Frank Mir (one of the most overrated MMA fighters in history)
Rich Franklin (Very overrated. Never defeated a world class fighter who wasn't past his prime. Never defeated an elite striker.)
Sonnen (low tier fighter who enjoyed the benefits of fighting in a terrible division)
Brock Lesnar (lol)

attachment.php

Mmmm probably Machida. He's a very good fighter, but I don't think he has done enough to justify his current no.2 spot in the rankings. He beat Munoz and Mousasi, compared to Belfort's impressive resume of Henderson, Rockhold, and Bisping, you kind of have to question him being ranked over Belfort.

It's gotta be Conor McGregor. The dude is treated like Anderson Silva yet he has the wins of Erick Silva.

Back