Most Overrated fighter currently in the UFC?

Ronda and MM

Munoz not Mouse.

Ronda Rousey. Ranked #10 p4p.

It depends on your criteria. She is dominating the best challengers the UFC has to offer. I generally like to think of P4P as divisional dominance, since skill is impossible to gauge.

Funny no one said Demetrious Johnson:p

P4P #1 non-overrated fighter ever.

FW Frankie Edgar - only 2 fights and 2#
LW Benson Henderson - lost to Gilbert, Edgar, Josh...
WW Tyron Woodley - lucky against Condit
LH Anthony Johnson - 1 fight and 5#
HW Antonio Silva - #4 - why Hunt is only #8?

It depends on your criteria. She is dominating the best challengers the UFC has to offer. I generally like to think of P4P as divisional dominance, since skill is impossible to gauge.

I'm pretty sure she'd lose to the worst male fighter on the roster. I think of P4P as pound for pound.

I'm pretty sure she'd lose to the worst male fighter on the roster. I think of P4P as pound for pound.

Which doesn't have a set definition. If you look at pound for pound as all else being equal, with just skill being taken into consideration, then do you give her added physiological advantages that men usually have? She'd be faster, stronger, etc. Who is to say that her incredible judo skills and aggressive style wouldn't still overwhelm opponents.

Vitor (had a losing record at LHW, struggled and was outstruck by journeymen, then dropped to MW and became "elite"...or so the kids say)
Machida (was losing at LHW but then dropped to MW. The Machida era is back)
JDS (very overrated HW who some think is something especial)
A. Silva (was very overrated for 7-8 years, still some think he's remotely close to Weidman)
Frank Mir (one of the most overrated MMA fighters in history)
Rich Franklin (Very overrated. Never defeated a world class fighter who wasn't past his prime. Never defeated an elite striker.)
Sonnen (low tier fighter who enjoyed the benefits of fighting in a terrible division)
Brock Lesnar (lol)

Matt Brown
McGregor
Condit ( One of my Favs. He's a very good fighter But not great as he is made out to be.)
Mark Hunt

Mark Hunt is overrated?
What in gods holy name is wrong with you?!?

It's funny shit. A guy who's technically undefeated and is beating everyone thrown at him is somehow overrated. How? He is on the fuckin top, what else there is to overrate him for?

the one thing that makes me believe sherdog is 95% made of teenagers is that most posters just cannot see beyond their man crushes.

I mean, I don't like Jones but he is a wrecking machine. that's it. I don't like this, but I have to deal with this. Weidman too. I don't like him and I think he has got to be tested yet but so far the MF is unbeaten world champion and 2-0 against the GOAT.

and just to mention, if anything Barao is underrated, he should be top 2 p4p. he beats everybody and is better than them at every aspect of the game. what else is there for him to do?

The moment people start saying stupid shit like "Jones is the greatest of all time" is the exact moment when Jones becomes overrated. Arguably the guy isn't even the best P4P fighter on the UFC's roster, let alone the best MMA fighter of all time. Some dumb motherfucker on here had the audacity to suggest that Jones was the best PRIZEFIGHTER in all of combat sports! Really?!? Better than Mayweather? Jones is extremely good but to suggest that he's the best in all of combat sports displays a shocking level of ignorance.

Randy Couture was the most overrated fighter in the history of the UFC.

Most overrated currently.

I'd have to say Matt Brown or Uriah Faber.

For me, and this is really hard to say because I like the guy a LOT and have been a long term fan, the answer is Frank Mir. He doesn't belong in the divisional top ten and seems to be past it. I honestly feel he has taken enough punishment in and out of the cage and he should move on. Loved his career, loved the two shocks he achieved vs Nog...but he should retire, IMO.

Mir is not overrated. The overwhelming consensus is that he is an easy win at HW and really should have retired years ago.

The same is true of BJ Penn. I have not seen anyone hyping up FW Penn.

Both guys are great fighters whose best days are behind them and whose legacies are greater than their current fighting abilities.

GSP was criminally overrated.
Andy Silva is criminally overrated.
C P Sonnen is criminally overrated.
These guys are on the same level as Big Tim who was also criminally overrated.

Post from real account t troll boy

Travis Browne and his 85% winning chances.

Back