Most over rated and under rated fighters on Sherdog?

Rumble never was a UFC champ though was he?
A true journeyman

Dude, read the first posts. They already confirmed your threads sucks more than you do in real life.

giphy.gif
Did better in the UFC than Mousassi did

Most Over rated:

Moussasi (average fighter at best)
Gustafsson (Got lucky going the distance against Jones, never was that good)
GSP (lost to hendricks, cherry picked all his opponents. Very good but not the goat like people say he is)
Darren Till (cuts a stupid amount of weight to have a huge size advantage over his competition)

Most under rated

Conor Mcgregor (people hate him but has beaten Aldo, Holloway, Mendes, Alvarez. Truly might be the goat but criminally under rated here)
Rumble Johnson (At his prime in 2016 could have easily beaten Jones, no one gives him enough credit)
Robert Whittaker
Guys relax, he is talking about Moussasi & Mousassi, not Mousasi.

Most Over rated:

GSP (lost to hendricks, cherry picked all his opponents. Very good but not the goat like people say he is)
Darren Till (cuts a stupid amount of weight to have a huge size advantage over his competition)

Most under rated

Conor Mcgregor (people hate him but has beaten Aldo, Holloway, Mendes, Alvarez. Truly might be the goat but criminally under rated here)
Rumble Johnson (At his prime in 2016 could have easily beaten Jones, no one gives him enough credit)
Robert Whittaker

I agree with you Mousasi is overrated on Sherdog - but calling him "average" is ridicolous, come on just look at his resume ffs.

Among all time greats I would say Fedor is the most overrated in here, and Demetrius Johnson is the most underrated.

Did better in the UFC than Mousassi did

Rumble's best wins:
Gus
Manuwa
Bader
Glover
Nog
Davis
Arlo

Mousasi's best wins:
Goodridge
Sobral
Jacare
Henderson
Belfort
Weidman
Manhoef
Gono
Hunt
OSP
Lombard
Shlemenko
Carvalho
Latifi

Not to mention that:
- Rumble is older than Mousasi and has the same amount of losses but Mousasi has 2 times more wins
- Rumble missed weight 3 times by fighting at WW and MW although he is much bigger than Mousasi, while Mousasi fought at LW, HW, OW against better oppoents

So, yeah, keep believing that Rumble would have KTFO Jones, when he couldn't deal with DC.

Rolled my eyes when TS said Mousasi

Then I saw GSP overrated, and new TS was full retard

He never was a UFC champ and got dominated in the UFC. And people here trash someone like Conor. First ever two weight world champ. Some fucking retards who post on this forum lol

1. How old are you?
2. So, everybody on this thread is telling you that you are stupid. You believe that people on this forum are retards and you are a smart person. Why are you on this forum then?
3. You haven't watched anything else except UFC, right?

1. How old are you?
2. So, everybody on this thread is telling you that you are stupid. You believe that people on this forum are retards and you are a smart person. Why are you on this forum then?
3. You haven't watched anything else except UFC, right?
I would bet good money the kid is like 13.

Overrated:

Cruz: The man has an amazing fight IQ and made one of the most amazing career comebacks in all of sports. Truly inspirational stuff. I just feel Sherdog buys a little too much into what current Dom says. Dom kind of likes to blow up his resume by stating that he cleared out the division and was on top for many years. The man was hurt most of the time, and the biggest names on his resume are TJ, Faber, Benavidez, and Bowles (MM wasn't even a full. Time fighter when he beat him). The TJ fight was extremely close, and should the split decision gone the other way, Dom would lose the best win on his resume. I'm not saying Dom was never any good, just saying we overrate where he is currently at.

Underrated:

Whittaker: The man is the Champion we deserve at MW, and quite frankly any division. Yet people don't put respect on his name because of the second Yoel fight. I figured Sherdog would let it slide since Rob is an exciting Champion who takes on all comers, but yet again I underestimated Sherdogs homoerotic obsession with heavily muscled foreign men. Remember Rob is the man who walked straight through the middleweight boogeymen to claim his throne, while the great white hypes begged for title shots from the sidelines. Robert paved his way in blood, and recently gave us a fight of the year, put some respect on this man's name.

Last edited:
Overrated:

Cruz: The man has an amazing fight IQ and made one of the most amazing career comebacks in all of sports. Truly inspirational stuff. I just feel Sherdog buys a little too much into what current Dom says. Dom kind of likes to blow up his resume by stating that he cleared out the division and was on top for many years. The man was hurt most of the time, and the biggest names on his resume are TJ, Faber, Benavidez, and Bowles (MM wasn't even a full. Time fighter when he beat him). The TJ fight was extremely close, and should the split decision gone the other way, Dom would lose the best win on his resume. I'm not saying Dom was never any good, just saying we overrate where he is currently at.

Underrated:

Whittaker: The man is the Champion we deserve at MW, and quite frankly any division. Yet people don't put respect on his name because of the second Yoel fight. I figured Sherdog would let it slide since Rob is an exciting Champion who takes on all comers, but yet again I underestimated Sherdogs homoerotic obsession with heavily muscled foreign men. Remember Rob is the man who walked straight through the middleweight boogeymen to claim his throne, while the great white hypes begged for title shots from the sidelines. Robert paved his way in blood, and recently gave us a fight of the year,put some respect on this man's name.

Well, the BW never had a top fighter that can brag with so many quality wins.
You have Dom and TJ, both considered for BW GOAT.
You have Torres and Barao, both with huge winning streaks, but failed against better competition.
You have good fighters, but below Dom and TJ, like Faber, Assuncao and others.

Also, some don't forget Whittaker's WW losses.

I would bet good money the kid is like 13.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thinking safety goggles would keep him safe

Next level eyepokes my friend

Poking through dem goggles would be some medieval level of gore and violence.

<mma4><mma4><mma4>

Most Over rated:

Most under rated

Robert Whittaker

Conor McGregor is underrated, but GSP is overrated???

I hope you are joking? GSP is arguably the GOAT. If not, he is unquestionably one of the top 5 best fighters that ever lived!! And you are claiming that he is overrated???

Conor dominated the FW division for 2.5 years(6 fights). The FW division was long considered one of the UFC's weaker divisions. Before Conor, it had had only one Champion(Jose Aldo). During that streak he fought/beat 2 fighters that were top of the food chain/elite(Chad and Jose). He beat Poirier, who was a top 5 ranked opponent, but there were better guys in the divsion(Frankie/Cub/Lamas) When he fought Max, Max had only been fighting for 3 years, was 3-2 in the UFC, and he was coming off of a loss to Dennis Bermudez. Conor has never defended any belt that he has had(Cage Warriors FW & LW or UFC FW & LW).

GSP most recently won the UFC MW Title. Unlike Conor, MW is actually a step up in weight for GSP. Conor really is a LW, who cut an extreme amount of weight, so that he could fight at FW. Conor cut so much weight, that he often looked close to death when weighing in at FW.

952467.jpg

GSP had to overeat so that he could put on the weight to fight at MW. MW is 3 weight classes & 40 pounds above FW.

GSP-con.jpg

GSP wants to fight the winner of LW Title fight, between Khabib and Connor. Many people are giving him shit about it. But why??? They are both close to the same size as GSP.

KhabibGSP.jpg

GSP has been 1 of the UFC's top WW's since 2004. The UFC WW division has historically been one of its best/deepest divisions. From 2005 - 2013, GSP ruled over the WW division. He fought 19 times, 13 of those were Title fights, and defended his Title 11 times(Conor has not even fought close to that many times in the UFC). He only lost one time, in a fluke upset. He avenged that loss in dominant fashion, as well as avenging his only other loss to Matt Hughes(# 2 ranked WW of all-time).

GSP has beat...

bisping-2__square.jpg

johny-Hendricks.jpg

J0uNgRahGehkCfzDChluVZ6NvpsHckgIO8CZKRZX5f2hDHjbVJS7h781EDWPtUW2R8av3Gi3oSyT2-5vJRch5GjdSgA1krIhWLLTzSwPTsuSoVkMvXQwrxyNDoxt_4IdoTeBDAmpA8vF-Har=s0-d

gsp_condit640_640.jpg

shields-tweet.jpg

BJ-Penn-600x491-1.jpg

jon-fitch-wsof-30-video.jpg

matt-serra-ufc-68-belt-750.jpg

hughes-belt.jpg

1CDC9ECB-C09F-2148-BD38A3AE72EB1256.jpg

UFC-Champion-Sean-Sherk-On-Magazine-Cover-Page.jpg

Last edited:
Overrated:

Kevin Lee
Blaydes

Underrated:

Whittaker
Jacare
Cutelaba
Cody / Dom / TJ
Tuivasa

Well, the BW never had a top fighter that can brag with so many quality wins.
You have Dom and TJ, both considered for BW GOAT.
You have Torres and Barao, both with huge winning streaks, but failed against better competition.
You have good fighters, but below Dom and TJ, like Faber, Assuncao and others.

Also, some don't forget Whittaker's WW losses.

maxresdefault.jpg
Lame. Just compare resumes. TJ's is far superior. Better competition.

Lamer, Rob lost at WW because he was drained, not an excuse, we've seen it over and over again.

Overrated:

Kevin Lee
Blaydes

Underrated:

Whittaker
Jacare
Cutelaba
Cody / Dom / TJ
Tuivasa

How was Cody underrated?
He was usually favorite and people believed he will KO TJ first time. Also, the second time...
Garbrandt has only one decent win: injured Cruz
Brimage is a 7-7 fighter
Augusto Mendes is 1-2 in UFC
Briones is 1-5 in UFC
Almeida had a good record against cans, but it seems he fails in UFC
Muzugaki is a decent fighter but on a losing streak

I agree about Jacare
3 losses in UFC, but 2 of them are split decision which could have gone either way...

Lame. Just compare resumes. TJ's is far superior. Better competition.

Lamer, Rob lost at WW because he was drained, not an excuse, we've seen it over and over again.

Nope
TJ has:
Cody twice (who needs to prove that he can remain a top BW fighter)
Lineker
Assuncao
Barao twice

Cruz has:
TJ
MM
Faber twice
Benavidez twice

Sounds like a tie comparing quality opponents, or slightly in favor of Dom
Also, Dom has more wins, less losses

Like you said, it's not an excuse, so why is it lame?

Most under rated

Anthony Johnson

I am actually a fan of Rumble's, and I know that he is incredibly talented... But how underrated is he??? He has fought at HW, yet he has lost to a LW, WW, MW, and a LHW... by the same exact move every time!!!

mma_s_koscheck-johnson01_576.jpg

UFC106KoscheckJohnson.gif~c200

765661bloggif4f14399f5413b.gif

142-Belfort-Johnson-11.gif
142-Belfort-Johnson-41.gif

869366bloggif4f1441a1d6e7a.gif

20150523094758_aaaa.JPG

GSP overrated ? Dude a fortnite virgin shouldnt be allowed to talk shit about the GOAT . your thread sucks . -6/10

No version of Rumble would have beaten Jon Jones at his best.

That’s not true. Rumble definitely could have beaten jones. With power like AJ’a all he has to do is touch you once and it changes the fight. Do I think it’s likely, no. Probably only 15% chance.

Back