Most over rated and under rated fighters on Sherdog?

All-time the most under-rated fighter is Big Nog imho. He was a victim of being overshadowed by Fedor's greatness. It seems like few fans these days understand how great he was in his prime years when he was still mobile. Easily one of the greatest fighters ever. Saku is up there as well.

Conor McGregor is underrated, but GSP is overrated???

I hope you are joking? GSP is arguably the GOAT. If not, he is unquestionably one of the top 5 best fighters that ever lived!! And you are claiming that he is overrated???

Conor dominated the FW division for 2.5 years(6 fights). The FW division was long considered one of the UFC's weaker divisions. Before Conor, it had had only one Champion(Jose Aldo). During that streak he fought/beat 2 fighters that were top of the food chain/elite(Chad and Jose). He beat Poirier, who was a top 5 ranked opponent, but there were better guys in the divsion(Frankie/Cub/Lamas) When he fought Max, Max had only been fighting for 3 years, was 3-2 in the UFC, and he was coming off of a loss to Dennis Bermudez. Conor has never defended any belt that he has had(Cage Warriors FW & LW or UFC FW & LW).

GSP most recently won the UFC MW Title. Unlike Conor, MW is actually a step up in weight for GSP. Conor really is a LW, who cut an extreme amount of weight, so that he could fight at FW. Conor cut so much weight, that he often looked close to death when weighing in at FW.

952467.jpg

GSP had to overeat so that he could put on the weight to fight at MW. MW is 3 weight classes & 40 pounds above FW.

GSP-con.jpg

GSP wants to fight the winner of LW Title fight, between Khabib and Connor. Many people are giving him shit about it. But why??? They are both close to the same size as GSP.

KhabibGSP.jpg

GSP has been 1 of the UFC's top WW's since 2004. The UFC WW division has historically been one of its best/deepest divisions. From 2005 - 2013, GSP ruled over the WW division. He fought 19 times, 13 of those were Title fights, and defended his Title 11 times(Conor has not even fought close to that many times in the UFC). He only lost one time, in a fluke upset. He avenged that loss in dominant fashion, as well as avenging his only other loss to Matt Hughes(# 2 ranked WW of all-time).

GSP has beat...

bisping-2__square.jpg

johny-Hendricks.jpg

J0uNgRahGehkCfzDChluVZ6NvpsHckgIO8CZKRZX5f2hDHjbVJS7h781EDWPtUW2R8av3Gi3oSyT2-5vJRch5GjdSgA1krIhWLLTzSwPTsuSoVkMvXQwrxyNDoxt_4IdoTeBDAmpA8vF-Har=s0-d

gsp_condit640_640.jpg

shields-tweet.jpg

BJ-Penn-600x491-1.jpg

jon-fitch-wsof-30-video.jpg

matt-serra-ufc-68-belt-750.jpg

hughes-belt.jpg

1CDC9ECB-C09F-2148-BD38A3AE72EB1256.jpg

UFC-Champion-Sean-Sherk-On-Magazine-Cover-Page.jpg

That was well thought out and composed. Easy enough for a simple minded fool/troll like TS. Unfortunately you wasted your time. There is no possible way TS was going to read that. Nor does he know who half of those fighters are. I am positive he started watching mma on his join date. You shouldn’t take TS serious. He is a troll that I’m sure will be gone in a couple months.

I agree about AJ. Most dangerous man on the planet for a couple of years before he lost focus and interest.

I'm sure TS is going to get flamed for his picks but I totally agree with both of them. Also, Nick Diaz. He's awesome to watch but has never beaten anyone of note to make him do revered.

How the fuck can you say GSP is overrated!?!?!
stupid-you-are-bitch-slap-you-need.jpg

Well your name is Fortniter33 so your opinion doesn't count.

Mousasi never was a UFC champ though was he? He was 2nd rate in the UFC. A true journeyman he is

The only reason he was never champ is because he wasn't marketable so he was given little to no chances.

Overrated: Someone who is rated higher than his division than he should be. For instance some one rated as the best fighter in his division who really was at best top five is overrated. As an example, to say GSP was overrated while WW champ before his retirement meant that in reality he shouldn't have been rated in the top three, let alone as the best in his division. That's another way of saying he shouldn't have been champ (ie a number of his decision wins, from Fitch on, should have been losses).

Underrated: Someone who should be rated higher than he is. For instance, someone who is rated as a top ten fighter who should be rated as a top five fighter is underrated. McGregor is rated as the second best LW according the UFC, so in theory he could be underrated by one (ie you could argue he should still be champ).

In practice, overrated and underrated generally translate into: 'I don't like this fighter' or 'I like this fighter', since MMA rankings are pretty meaningless other than saying who is an isn't champ - and champs are always rated exactly right - if you're the champ you are currently the highest rated fighter in your division by definition.

Op takes shit posting to a new level.

GSP takes one money fight after defending 8-9x against #1 contenders and all of the sudden he cherry picked his whole career.

Mousassi has wins over Hendo, Vitor, Mark Hunt, Weidman ", etc and he is "average at best"

I agree about AJ. Most dangerous man on the planet for a couple of years before he lost focus and interest.

It'd be interesting to see what would have happened if he would have gone to 205 a couple years earlier.

TS says GSP cherry picked opponents, but Conor is probably the GOAT. Lmao. Wasteland this shit.

He never was a UFC champ and got dominated in the UFC. And people here trash someone like Conor. First ever two weight world champ. Some fucking retards who post on this forum lol
He was never give a shot because Bisping held up the division for 18 months. He would have tooled Bisping. Mousasi being good has no bearing on McGregor also being good. I can't be responsible for the idiots out there.

Most Over rated:

Moussasi (average fighter at best)
Gustafsson (Got lucky going the distance against Jones, never was that good)
GSP (lost to hendricks, cherry picked all his opponents. Very good but not the goat like people say he is)
Darren Till (cuts a stupid amount of weight to have a huge size advantage over his competition)

Most under rated

Conor Mcgregor (people hate him but has beaten Aldo, Holloway, Mendes, Alvarez. Truly might be the goat but criminally under rated here)
Rumble Johnson (At his prime in 2016 could have easily beaten Jones, no one gives him enough credit)
Robert Whittaker
Cool troll post, bro. I can see GSP is living in your mind rent free, beating all your American/Brazilian heroes.

No version of Rumble would have beaten Jon Jones at his best.
I agree, but I still feel salty that Rumble couldn't fill in for DC and fight Jones at UFC 197 instead of OSP. Rumble knocks out that version of Jones inside 1 round, he was very hittable IIRC.

This is either a troll post or the OP is legit retarded

Gegard is overrated just because everyone thinks they're unique by calling him underrated.

Most underrated all time is probably Bisping. Shertards predicted him to lose every fight he had (yes including the Rivera fight), and were even calling him a gatekeeper and a can after he handily beat the GOAT and Rockhold back to back and became the champ.

Back