Most impressive escape: Jones vs Khabib vs Volk?

Holy shit
Is this allowed in the ufc ??
it has been done...
honorable mention...Matt hughes vs. Newton
tumblr_mk6qzhm3CI1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Lol I never said it can’t be done from half guard goober. The volk one was in fucking mount. You gonna try to argue that half guard is better than mount for that finish?
Not to beat a dead horse, but BJJ legend Karel Pravec just did a video on this subject on Friday. I've timestamped it. You should give it a listen with an open mind. Karel Pravec explains why the mount is a bad finishing position for the guillotine.

Cory Sandhagen had one against I think someone named Mario. In his first or second ufc fight. Nasty armbar

was against Iuri Alcantara, i believe.

edit: i cant read carry on, but in his fight against iuri cory had a nice escape himself lol

Dustin would crush Ortega so Khabib’s guillotine espace is far more impressive.

Volk-Ortega.

Vitor let go of Jones arm. Dustins attempt on Khabib wasn't as deep as Ortegas.

Rich Franklin had a good armbar escape back in the day but i cant remember who it was against.

Honorable mentions: Bendo's choke escape vs Cerrone in their first fight, Hughes RNC escape vs Trigg 2 and Pearsons badass armbar escape vs Dunham

Edit: Actually, Bendo's escape might top Volks. That shit was in tight.

donald-cerrone-attempats-a-triangle-choke-submission-against-ben-on-picture-id107482676

Got his arm bent too
bendo-arm.0.0.jpg

But did his thing for most of the fight
%5C%5CWxpsd-dell.kamander.net%5Csites%5CMMA%5Cimages%5Cfights%5CWEC%2043-%20Donald%20Cerrone%20vs.%20Benson%20Henderson.jpg

If you haven't watched Henderson/Cowboy 1, i seriously recommend you go watch it. Now.
Franklin did it against the Michael Jordan of BJJ. Travis lutter

Good post. Franklin was against Travis Lutter I believe. Lutter was a few tweaks on a few submissions and a good weightcut away from having a totally different resume. Did Silva escape a sub from him or was he just getting beat on?
Lutter had high mount Silva straight armed to bait an armbar attempt and lutter obliged only to lose it and create a scramble I believe?

Volk.

Duh?

Out of these three thats the obvs choice.

1. Volk mounted guillotine. That was over, but somehow.
2. Jones. I didn't think a finish, but likely ligament damage or worse
3. Khabib. I didn't think it was that tight to be honest, and Khabib's strong, neck included

Back