Most expensive piece of clothing you've ever purchased?

I was in Vegas and looking for a nice shirt to go out in. Ended up in this shop looking at silk shirts and the salesman had a bit of an I-don't-think-you-belong-in-this-store attitude. Fuck you. $700 shirt. And I look absolutely smashing in it.
lol
Salesman: "Mission accomplished."

Hmmm
$300 motorcycle gloves
$600 motorcycle leather jacket
$300 motorcycle boots.

About 900 euros on a suit, but I need it for my job.

I was in Vegas and looking for a nice shirt to go out in. Ended up in this shop looking at silk shirts and the salesman had a bit of an I-don't-think-you-belong-in-this-store attitude. Fuck you. $700 shirt. And I look absolutely smashing in it.

Haha - this.

I have a $1000 silk shirt (what was I thinking) that I pair with a red leather jacket. It either makes me look incredibly stylish or like a pimp trying to work his way up.

If my kids every have a "bad clothing" day when they are in high school like we did, they are going to raid my closet.

Probably about $800 on a suit, $350 on sunglasses, $300 on shoes.

Lining up for a $2000 watch, a probably $500-1000 sports coat and some motorcycle gear that will be really expensive. See how many of them I get through before I cheap out.

Spent 2500$ on 3 fitted suits for work. Other than that i'm really not crazy with my clothing. I look for deals, i buy mostly plain vneck tshirts for like 12$ each.

I like Denim but i'll never pay over 150$ for a pair.

I guess Jackets are the thing that cost me the most on a regular basis. I live in Montreal and we have cold winters so a good winter jacket is necessary.

I spent $400 on a leather jacket, but I'd top that if I found a bison coat in my size.

0a4ab6054276a5774162ea0b7794.jpg

model%20in%20long%20bison%20fur%20coat.jpg

I had a $600 leather trench coat that was bad-ass, but was stolen after I had it for a few years.

Spent 2500$ on 3 fitted suits for work. Other than that i'm really not crazy with my clothing. I look for deals, i buy mostly plain vneck tshirts for like 12$ each.

I like Denim but i'll never pay over 150$ for a pair.

I guess Jackets are the thing that cost me the most on a regular basis. I live in Montreal and we have cold winters so a good winter jacket is necessary.

Cool, you an armed robber as well? People just let anyone with a suit in their house

Just over $7K for a Rolex Milgauss. Not really clothing though.

Maybe $300 for a suit.

How do you go from spending 7K on a watch to only spending $300 on a suit, your watch outdoes everything you are wearing, when it is supposed to compliment.

Outside of suits because that is usually three items and that doesn't count to me, probably in around $1900 each for a couple of D&G blazers I got last year.

My clothing tastes day to day are fairly simple, but I have made some big purchases over the years.

$800.00 on a pimping leather jacked from my single days. Still wear it occasionally.

I spent about $1000.00 on 2 pairs of Black Jack Alligator Boots several years ago. Judging by their prices now, I should probably look at that as more of an investment than a purchase. Holy fuck are they expensive now.

I spent $1500.00 for a tuxedo and vast array of accoutrement (Ties, cumberbuns, vests etc)

I also spent about $1500.00 on a kilt package. I lived in Scotland at the time and got married in it.

If you go to a lot of formal events, the kilt and tux purchase will pay for itself since you will not need to rent. Those 2 purchases have definitely paid for themselves a few times over.

Back