Most embarrassing loss by a UFC champ?

Anderson v Weidman I- Silva is my guy and favorite fighter ever but he had this coming for a long time. I couldn't believe he was playing with a dangerous guy like Weidman and when he got caught I just shook my head. Normally, I would have been distraught seeing the GOAT go down.

Conor v Jose- This was embarrassing for Aldo. Losing in 13 seconds to a guy that trash talked and humiliated him for months. Even Conor felt bad for Aldo.

Holm v Honda- Honda can beat Cain. Honda can beat Floyd. Honda can beat 80% of the male Bantamweights in the UFC. Honda knocks out world champions. Honda can beat Holm and the others with one arm. Man, the Hype Machine really set her up for an embarrassing fall.

He did it before, but never - ever - on this ridiculous level.
That wasn't just taunting, that was clowning.

He exaggerated, underestimated opponents will to fight and KO power. Overlooked him.

Silva straight up let Jeremy Horn punch him in the face 10 unanswered times. He put his hands down and let Rich swing at him. Ditto with so many others including his prior bout with Stephan Bonnar, only in that case he also had his back plastered against the cage.

Silva is Silva. He lived by the sword and died by it.

Last edited:
For me it has to be Rousey vs Holm, my friends gave Holm no chance while I laughed all the way to the bank, with Rockhold/Bisping a very close second. What are your picks?
View attachment 292069

There is no trumping Aldo/Connor. Can't be done. That was just total humiliation of the worst imaginable kind

Just because it was a complete beatdown

WDWIC.gif

asilvafinfranklin_medium.gif
R2YmbUV.gif

I don't know if it was really embarrassing but Coutoure vs Sylvia was a really big surprise to Tim.

His expression as he was outmatched in everything he tried was really fun to watch.... Randy really did well that day.

Anderson clowning has to be the height of embarrassment

No shame in losing to Machida but this photo is less than flattering.
<mma2>

There's a ton. Werdum looked like an idiot against Stipe. Aldo sprinting chin first into Conor's left hand. Anderson getting caught with his pants down against Weidman. Alvarez completely folding against Conor, looking like a frightened child standing up to his bully for the first time on the playground. I know a champ didn't lose in this, but it did happen in a title fight....Anderson's complete tooling of Forrest. Maybe the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen happen in the octagon.

Shogun bowing down, furiously tapping and pleading for his life against Jones

Yeah but nobody thought Werdum was a world class striker, or that he was the once in ever athele or that he was going to leave MMA and 'take over' boxing.

People believed Rousey was all those things...and she got tooled by a boxer in a fight that looked like child vs adult.

2E5C005B00000578-0-image-a-64_1447285814124.jpg

"She conquered MMA. Is Boxing next"

Lmaoooo

In no particular order:

Holm- Rousey
GSP -Serra 1
Aldo- Mcgregor
Randy- Tito (he literally spanked him)
Anderson-Franklin 1(locked in that plumb and geez)

Eddie alvarez vs Connor was pretty bad. He looked like complete garbage in there.

ronda
anderson

Man, Pat was freakin pissed when he tapped to that bully choke! Carlos is one of my favorite fighters, but Matt's revenge for his teacher was glorious!
MFS ran things for a while there, absolute pleasure to watch

They can all be embarrassing some way but what really comes
to mind would be GSP vs Serra 1, Weidman vs Silva 1, McGregor vs Aldo, Bisping vs Rockhold 2 and Ronda vs Holly. If I go further back, Evans vs Machida, Shogun vs Jones, Franklin vs Silva 1. Honorable mentions: Pettis vs RDA, Lawler vs Woodley, Werdum vs Stipe, DC vs Jones 2.

For me it was Silva VS Weidman 1.

That was some goofy ass stuff that will stick with the spider and his fans for life. Was just so damn Cringe worthy!

Alvarez - McGregor was bad he never stood a chance and it was prolonged , McGregor knocked Alvarez out 3 times in a round

Back