most effective technique?

tryagain

White Belt
Reaction score
okay, say you're behind a person and he has no idea you're there. What would be the most effective punch to throw at him? Probably any boxing punches would be effective , but those techniques weren't made to deal the most damage, but were made to help balance and defense and recovery time and etc.

Why would you hit someone from behind? That's mad gay.

Does it have to be a punch? I'd bow him, or give him an RNC :p

I'd never hit someone from behind unless there was a damn good reason tho.

tap him so he at least half turns, then a powerful haymaker to the jaw should do some serious damage, alternatevely you could go for the eyes.

Break his neck? Choke him with one arm and cover his mouth with your hand? RNC him while kicking out his knee? Pull him into clinch and knee the back of his head?
Nah, that stuff's dirty.

tryagain said:
okay, say you're behind a person and he has no idea you're there. What would be the most effective punch to throw at him?

Hit him with a crowbar. Seriously, when would this ever be necessary or relevant? Only time I can think of is if someone has intruded into your home. In that case, grab the crowbar. Otherwise we're not talking about a fight but an illegal assault and battery.

There is never a reason to hit someone from behind.
That does not mean that there is never a reason to attack from behind, when stopping a fight (that should be stopped, not all need to be) hitting someone is ridiculous, you will probably just start more shit. If you are trying to stop someone the best thing would be to quickly get an arm around their nech for a choke, and even if you do not sink it, you still have a lot of control to pull them off of someone or otherwise remove them from the situation.

Crimson Tiger said:
Straight right, behind the neck. auch.

thats the first thing that came to mind. the neck because it would stun them for sure.. and you wouldnt hurt your hand. you could probably seriously hurt somebody with that being the only punch thrown

you could also try a hook to the side of the jaw but that would scare me because i'd be worried about not connecting right. if it lands, sure KO.

what about running up and sidekicking someone in the middle of the back. now that'll ruin your day

if you're gonna jump them from behind tho you might as well hit them with a chair or a bottle or something.

now you've inspired my imagination, by opening up to non-boxing techniques.

what about a double axe handle smash to the top of the dome

or literally double hooking them in the ears as hard as you can

a hard elbow to the occipital lobe would fuck their vision up

Soulfly said:
Break his neck? Choke him with one arm and cover his mouth with your hand? RNC him while kicking out his knee? Pull him into clinch and knee the back of his head?
Nah, that stuff's dirty.

oh shit! clinch from behind and knee to the base of the skull, breaking the head off the neck and rendering him ANNIHILATED

roundhouse kick... but seriously i wouldnt want to hit anyone in the back of the head unless its a street fight. go for a rnc

monkeystealspeach.jpg

yeah i know i'm being a dick, but you never know when you have to use it.

I would use an elbow instead of a punch to the back of the head if I really wanted to mess someone up. If I wanted to stun them Id use a shot to the kidneys or ribs to knock the wind out of em. RNC is always good and probably what I would use. I guy I trained MT/MMA with choked a guy out who was starting a fight then dropped elbows on the unconcious guys face to send him home with a reminder.

do that low-blow thing from behind like they do in the wwe. then stomp the living daylights out of him as your entrance theme plays in the arena. lol

one little tap on the right shoulder... he turns...then bam right straight to the jaw

Hook to the ribs would fold him. Of course, I think the rear naked choke idea is good, too.

Then again, if you want to be fair, a good technique would be to tap him on the shoulder, wait for him to turn around, then blast him in the nose.

Back