Rumored most boring title fight ever?

Tim vs Randy was painful too if
You
Forget the first 20 seconds

But when watching it live, you were so enraptured from that moment that for the remainder of the fight you felt that Randy was just laying an utter beatdown and that he may win by stoppage any minute. Certainly not a rewatcher.

I genuinely want one of them to lose, I dont care which.

Many worse fights than that one. The worst for me was probably Arlovski vs Sylvia 3, being that I was standing in a bar watching it.

Koscheck vs Sanchez was also a horrible staring contest after some heated pre fight trash talk dating all the way back to TUF 1.

That’s weird I don’t remember Kos and Diego fighting for a title
Must have missed that one

Could be boring, but there's a better chance it's a good fight. Both have a high pace and wrestling should cancel out somewhat.

OMG I keep trying to forget
giphy.gif
I'm sorry man.
As a wise, green, friend of mine once said: "If into the recordings you go, only pain you will find!"

I expect it to be as boring as Fitch vs GSP.

this is a bad comparison
in retrospect, GSP is seen as a lay and pray wrestler. but the guy came in with a striking background and not as a wrestler. fitch was at a huge disadvantage in striking

usman and colby are both wrestlers with bad striking. this is more like koscheck vs pierce except neither guy has the power that koscheck had

That’s weird I don’t remember Kos and Diego fighting for a title
Must have missed that one

Oh, I was just thinking of awful fights. Well, the other example is definitely king, then. Five rounds of two guys feinting and tapping baby leg kicks

#1 vs #2. Fight has boiled for a long time. Both with one lone loss. Similar styles and dominance. Then all the Colby shananigans, it will be huge if he wins or loses

Wasn't a "title" fight per se, but Shamrock/Severn is one of the most notoriously awful fights ever ... I think it was billed as a super fight with a belt included or something.

Depends what you mean by boring?

If you expect a sloppy kickboxing match with no clinching or grappling, then yeah their fight might meet your definition of boring

However if you wanna see 2 top guys facing each other with similar wrestling style in a mma bout n wanna see who’s gonna be able to impose his style of wrestling on the other n how they gonna adjust during the fight? Then no it’s not a boring fight n it might actually be the best fight if the year

Timmah is rough
and he shit him self
Ha! I was a Timmy fan though, he put on a few good fights down the years
Plus I've been known to shit myself on occasion

Ha! I was a Timmy fan though, he put on a few good fights down the years
Plus I've been known to shit myself on occasion

Gobber Taylor? Is that you???

I like the style. I think it stays on the feet. Both guys are capable of laying on the other guy for 5 rounds too.

This has all the makings of Rampage vs Rashad imo. Just not sure who will be the Rashad equivalent and who will play the role of Rampage.

Back