• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
The game on ps1 where you were just sub zero was the tits

It's actually known as one of the worst MK games of all time. A sidescroller where you need a button to change the direction Sub-Zero was facing is an instant fail.

They did get it right the third time with Shaolin Monks.

Johnny Cage or gtfo. Also, Tagawa was great as Shang Tsung.

It's actually known as one of the worst MK games of all time. A sidescroller where you need a button to change the direction Sub-Zero was facing is an instant fail.

They did get it right the third time with Shaolin Monks.

It was fun when I was a kid

Update: May 14, 2019

James Wan-Produced MORTAL KOMBAT Live-Action Movie to Shoot Later This Year

EG9OpWP.jpg

It has been announced that a new film based on the Mortal Kombat video game franchise will be shot later this year. The movie will be produced by James Wan and directed by first-time filmmaker Simon McQuoid in Adelaide, Australia. The announcement was made by the Premier of South Australia, Steven Marshall.

“I’m really happy and excited to be bringing another show back to Australia with Mortal Kombat, especially after having such a great experience filming Aquaman,” said Wan in a statement. “Now we get to experience South Australia with its scenic locations and a wealth of artistic talent to work with. It will be perfectly suited for this fantasy-action project.”

Mortal Kombat has inspired two previous films, 1995’s Mortal Kombat and 1997’s Mortal Kombat Annihilation. Pre-production on Mortal Kombat will commence this month and production is set to start later this year.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/14/mortal-kombat-james-wan/

Too bad Wan isn't directing. Gonna go out on a limb and guess this won't be the bad videogame movie c-c-combo breaker.

James Wan will be playing Liu Kang himself! HE'S THE ONLY ASIAN IN HOLLYWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Kan't be the worst MK movie, well at least I hope not.

Always my favorite character.

And idk why people hate on the 2nd movie. I always like it.

I lost my shit when they fought cyrax

If they have human or cyborg smoke in this movie I'll be happy
I'll start:

Kitana: mother.... you're alive!
Sindel: too bad you *points*.... will DIEEE!

also, I've heard fans hate on both movies based on an overall lack of gore. I enjoyed the first one enough to realize that you don't need to have it to still be Mortal Kombat and a good movie.

Movie will be ruined with an endless amount of pointless jump scares.

It'll be extremely hard for this movie to be worse than Annihilation, IM JAZZED!

Any word on casting? Need a good Johnny Cage to carry it.

Please please please I beg you do not cast Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade. Her voice acting in MK 11 was so bad I skipped her chapter.

Update: July 9, 2019

The Raid Actor Joe Taslim Cast as Sub-Zero in New Line's MORTAL KOMBAT

aZ3rrah.jpg

New Line's Mortal Kombat movie has found its Sub-Zero. Actor and martial artist Joe Taslim will be playing the superpowered fighter in the live-action adaptation of the video game.

James Wan and his Atomic Monster banner are producing the movie, which will be the feature debut of veteran commercial director Simon McQuoid. Todd Garner will also produce, with Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Sean Robins executive producing.

While the plot of the movie remains unknown, the video game centers on a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling for supremacy. Greg Russo penned the current version of the screenplay.

First released in 1992, Mortal Kombat has sold over 49 million copies, spanning over a dozen canon games and expansions, making it one of the most profitable video game franchise of all time. Mortal Kombat 11 was released in April and has become the most successful launch in franchise history.

The game was previously adapted into a movie in 1995 from director Paul W. S. Anderson that went on to gross an impressive $122 million at the worldwide box office. It was then followed by 1997's Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Sub-Zero was one of the original characters featured in the 1992 game and is known for his attacks involving ice. He has a long-running rivalry with similarly garbed fellow kombatant Scorpion.

Taslim's is the first deal to close for Mortal Kombat, which is set to shoot in southern Australia later this year.

An alum of Indonesia's national Judo team, Taslim made his acting debut in cult action film The Raid. His other feature credits include Fast & Furious 6, Star Trek Beyond and recent Netflix feature The Night Comes for Us. Taslim can be currently seen in the Cinemax Bruce Lee series Warrior.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-taslim-play-zero-mortal-kombat-movie-1222984

Mortal kombat 1 film was ok and still the best video game movie

Update: July 9, 2019

The Raid Actor Joe Taslim Cast as Sub-Zero in New Line's MORTAL KOMBAT

aZ3rrah.jpg

New Line's Mortal Kombat movie has found its Sub-Zero. Actor and martial artist Joe Taslim will be playing the superpowered fighter in the live-action adaptation of the video game.

James Wan and his Atomic Monster banner are producing the movie, which will be the feature debut of veteran commercial director Simon McQuoid. Todd Garner will also produce, with Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Sean Robins executive producing.

While the plot of the movie remains unknown, the video game centers on a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling for supremacy. Greg Russo penned the current version of the screenplay.

First released in 1992, Mortal Kombat has sold over 49 million copies, spanning over a dozen canon games and expansions, making it one of the most profitable video game franchise of all time. Mortal Kombat 11 was released in April and has become the most successful launch in franchise history.

The game was previously adapted into a movie in 1995 from director Paul W. S. Anderson that went on to gross an impressive $122 million at the worldwide box office. It was then followed by 1997's Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Sub-Zero was one of the original characters featured in the 1992 game and is known for his attacks involving ice. He has a long-running rivalry with similarly garbed fellow kombatant Scorpion.

Taslim's is the first deal to close for Mortal Kombat, which is set to shoot in southern Australia later this year.

An alum of Indonesia's national Judo team, Taslim made his acting debut in cult action film The Raid. His other feature credits include Fast & Furious 6, Star Trek Beyond and recent Netflix feature The Night Comes for Us. Taslim can be currently seen in the Cinemax Bruce Lee series Warrior.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-taslim-play-zero-mortal-kombat-movie-1222984
Not bad. Sub Zero doesn't really need much in the way of personality, just a bad ass attitude and martial arts skills. Taslim showed exactly that in Warrior.
Speaking of, the lead from Warrior (Andrew Koji) would have been a pretty solid pick for Liu Kang. The right blend of swagger and bad-ass. It will be hard for them to consider him now that Taslim is cast as Sub-Zero, otherwise they are just making Warrior: The Movie
Lotta people arguing about the lead needing to look Chinese, instead of east-asian or SE-asian. This movie is for westerners, i don't think many will know or care if the guy looks ethnically Japanese or Korean, lol.

Andrew Koji:

Andrew-Koji-Warrior.jpeg

Back